10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The thing is, what made the Targaryen's special wasn't the name. It was whatever hold they had over dragons.
    Being able to control dragons makes you pretty special.

I am satisfied with the ending. Dany's death felt a little abrupt but so did the storyline for this entire season, so what else is new.

Liked the meta reference, lol.

The thing is, what made the Targaryen's special wasn't the name. It was whatever hold they had over dragons.

If we skip forward a half-dozen generations (or more), and Drogon's been able to repopulate the dragon pop from wherever he took off to, it's entirely possible that the Wildlings come south with a bunch of Dragon riders at their head. That there are no official records to prove that there's a direct Targaryen lineage would be kind of beside the point.

Doesn't matter for this story, but could matter for the future.
    Given the infamous amount of inbreeding in the Targaryean line, it may be possible that Jon's descendants will lose their affinity with dragons as the Targaryean portion in DNA becomes smaller and smaller

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    They are black, they have nature resistance.
    Hmm... I know you're joking, but people that try and raid the place, will also be people of colour.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were GRRM, I'd be pissed, because this shitacular ending ruined my pallet for wanting to experience anything else Westeros related, be it on screen or on paper. Goodbye GoT, may your burnt corpse rot in piece(s).
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I am satisfied with the ending. Dany's death felt a little abrupt but so did the storyline for this entire season, so what else is new.

Liked the meta reference, lol.
    That's the thing, how it ended is fine. It's how we got there.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    He was never some big villain. Great villains are the ones who you can't quite piece together. Take the heath ledger as the joker in the dark knight. He was mysterious and it was hard to piece him together. What were his motives? Since it was almost impossible to understand him, it made following him enticing. The night king was literally a human sacrificed to become a magical necromancer whose only motive was to wipe out humans. That seems pretty black and white to me. He doesn't have a personality, he doesn't say anything and walks the straightest line out of any character in the show, period. Now I can admit some of the fan theories out there for him making him 1000x more appealing and exciting, but those are theories.

So yes, if someone is butthurt about how the nightking died and how the show ended, that's 100% their fault for reading too much into fan theories.
    The thing with exestential threats like the night King, stuff made out to be cathulu levels of power and World ending is there's very few ways to resolve that with the good guys winning and the world not ending that arn't disappointing. You can find some examples of that in wow, Alot of people find the idea that most of the old gods were killed by 40/25 rando adventurers seriously disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Were the unsullied warned about the butterflies in Naath?
    Shhh... Just let them go.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Given the infamous amount of inbreeding in the Targaryean line, it may be possible that Jon's descendants will lose their affinity with dragons as the Targaryean portion in DNA becomes smaller and smaller
    I mean, you're assuming it's a recessive gene, when it could easily be a dominant one, and the reason for the Targaryen incest was not to reinforce a recessive, but simply to keep the dominant gene within their own bloodline alone, otherwise, dragon-controlling kids would be popping up everywhere as Targaryens married outside the line.

Ayyyy lmao. Well the leaks were spot on, and as we all expected, it sucked hard! What a shit ending jesus...

10+ Year Old Account
    Danys death scene didn't have the weight around it I was assuming it would have but fucking 6 episodes. Show runners shooting themselves in the foot limiting themselves like that.

That's the thing, how it ended is fine. It's how we got there.
    Yeah definitely.

I almost cried at the scenes with Drogon and Ghost. What good bois.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    The thing with exestential threats like the night King, stuff made out to be cathulu levels of power and World ending is there's very few ways to resolve that with the good guys winning and the world not ending that arn't disappointing. You can find some examples of that in wow, Alot of people find the idea that most of the old gods were killed by 40/25 rando adventurers seriously disappointing.
    IMO, the issue is that the Night King is presented as a eons-old force of primal nature and vengeance, imbued with ancient magics by a nearly-dead people (children of the forest).

And they ended that whole threat because he got stabbed this one time.

If they'd shown a single White Walker at any point in the finale, even just overlooking the Free Folk coming through the wall and then riding off into the frozen North again, that would've made it clear that there's still a threat there, and that this is just the end of one cycle, not a breaking of the wheel.

As it is, I'm still left thinking "8 thousand years, and nobody tried to, like, stab the dude?"

10+ Year Old Account
    So any chat on Bran being the true bad guy?

He literally stated that's why is here.

He knew what would happen, so he could be king.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I liked it, but with any really popular show, there will be a lot of people who dislike it, and those people tend to be the most vocal about it. Everyone I talk to in person about season 8 of GoT loves it.
    The word you're looking for is a contrarian and I don't think people who have watched the show all the way through season 8 and are mad about the ending could be classified as such. You can tell where they started writing their own stuff because the books ended, and you can tell where they went "well we're out of time" and hacked off stories and smacked on a bandage ending.

I'm not going to fault you for liking it, that's your taste. It's not mine and I'm disappointed in the lack of story this season, well past few seasons but this one is especially brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    RIP Daenerys Targaryen. Poisoned by her enemies.
    The writers?

10+ Year Old Account

Bran was playing 6D chess ever since he climbed that tree in season 1.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account

I had that thought.

Bran can see the entire past, and present, and see into the future. Of anyone, he'd know EXACTLY the nudges to make to ensure that he's the one who ended up as King. Everyone kept saying he doesn't want to rule, but the only time they asked Bran himself, his response was that "if he wasn't going to be King, he wouldn't have come all this way". Maybe that's a joke, maybe that's him admitting that he knew he was going to be King because he's arranged things to turn out that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you're assuming it's a recessive gene, when it could easily be a dominant one, and the reason for the Targaryen incest was not to reinforce a recessive, but simply to keep the dominant gene within their own bloodline alone, otherwise, dragon-controlling kids would be popping up everywhere as Targaryens married outside the line.
    And here we are talking genetics about a people who probably didn't even know how babies were conceived. Well, apart from the obvious get-your-car-in-the-garage part...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"