Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Little Payo ganks little Asmongold ofcourse (with Tipsout and Venruki)

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulMa...peRiPepperonis

Man i love Payo.

"new release is popular with ppl!!! More news at 11pm"

I cannot stand watching streamers playing, i don't like watching their ugly mugs, it makes no damn sense i don't care what they look like. Just a pet peeve of mine...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its interesting how many people are thinking about coming back for Classic. Old friends are returning - ones that I last heard from 10 years ago. I think its all gonna be bigger that Blizzard expects! The only question is - how long will that last? Will people stay or run away?

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Not trying to rain on a parade or anything but...did anyone expect less initial hype? There's been plenty of games that have made #1 on twitch for a select period to later being forgotten.

Not saying that's what will happen to Classic but this is not the greatest measurement of predicting how successful it will be.

- - - Updated - - -

And there are just as many swearing it will fail even if it holds "successful" numbers. The specifics of successful will vary from person to person.

I don't understand why there's such an extreme bias of one side or another with this game. People asked for it, Blizzard is providing. Whoever enjoys it will have a game to play.
    To say nothing of the fact that most Classic fans can't, well, play it yet. So obviously the first Blizzard-quality crack at the thing they've been waiting on for 13 years is going to generate tons of hype.

If memory serves the highest Twitch viewcount for WoW (barring BFA's launch) still came from the recent World First races. That doesn't mean much in the end. Let's see if this can be sustained, and translates to an actually large playerbase.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2019-05-19 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Twitch is an absolute juggernaut today, thinking that twitch views does not coincide in some way with how healthy a game is is incredibly short sighted. Amazon didn't plop down a billion dollars on a whim, twitch is only going to get bigger as time goes on.
    While I think Classic will be popular (initially, at least) and Twitch has a massive impact on game popularity, a big part of the reason Classic beta is so popular on Twitch right now is that a TON of people don't have access to it themselves. Classic launch won't have a much bigger viewership, if it'll even be as big as the one the beta is currently seeing, simply because people will be playing it themselves.

Watching the world PvP in Arathi made me more excited for Classic than ever before.

Loved seeing Horde try to stop Asmongold from completing his WW axe. That's the exact dickery that vanilla local servers were all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Watching the world PvP in Arathi made me more excited for Classic than ever before.

Loved seeing Horde try to stop Asmongold from completing his WW axe. That's the exact dickery that vanilla local servers were all about.
    Aww dude, it was amazing.
    You know how it ended? Did Asmongold got the Axe? I stopped watching a couple hours in.

I only saw up until here:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ReliableBoredTapirAliens

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You know how it ended? Did Asmongold got the Axe? I stopped watching a couple hours in.

Still fighting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Still fighting lol
    Asmongold rezz sickness and got on a flightpath...and fled. Its over.

He said maybe he will get the Axe some other time off stream

15+ Year Old Account

Just wait until release.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post

This is making me want to play classic beta more..... ughhgh i just took a break from it XDDD

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I posted the screenshot of BFA's numbers the other day. That was taken pretty close to the game's peak concurrent viewership.

https://twitchtracker.com/games/18122

As you can see, WoW viewership peaked on August 13, 2018 after the early NA launch.

Notable peaks by date and event:

• August 5, 2015 - Legion Announced at Gamescom (approx. 345k)
    • August 30, 2016 - Legion Launch (approx. 225k)
    • August 13, 2018 - BFA Launch (approx. 605k)
    • September 18, 2018 - Dev Livestream with Ion (approx. 310k)
    • November 2, 2018 - Blizzcon (approx. 265k)
    • January-February, 2019 - BoD World First Race (approx. 155k - 210k)
    • May 15, 2019 - Classic Beta Start (approx. 190k)

It's hard to get concrete peak numbers, especially going back before 2017, so allow some room for error. Exact peaks may be +/- 50k it seems, though these are still all the biggest, most obvious peaks.
    If theses numbers are any where close to right it makes alot of the people in here look really silly.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    The same reason young people played WoW back in the days, it's a good game.
    Back "in the days" WoW was also a new game. While Live has kept itself reasonably modern, Vanilla is ancient. Young people care about playing the latest games, not some remake of something ancient their parents played, no matter how good it was back in the day.

It's a timeless classic, young people still enjoy LEGO, it doesn't need to change, classic is the same.
    Have you not been paying any attention at all to the evolution of Lego over the last 4 decades? The modern themes and sets look nothing like what Lego looked like 35 years ago. If they did, Lego wouldn't be around today. Lego is a great analogy for WoW, and it totally supports my point.

There will be plenty of young teenagers playing classic.
    Unfortunately I guess we'll never know since those statistics aren't published. But you've done absolutely nothing to give me any reason to place any trust in your opinion on this matter. Right now the only thing you've convinced me of is that you're emotionally invested in the success of Classic and that your argument is based on the reality you want to see rather than the reality that is most probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Back "in the days" WoW was also a new game. While Live has kept itself reasonably modern, Vanilla is ancient. Young people care about playing the latest games, not some remake of something ancient their parents played, no matter how good it was back in the day.

Have you not been paying any attention at all to the evolution of Lego over the last 4 decades? The modern themes and sets look nothing like what Lego looked like 35 years ago. If they did, Lego wouldn't be around today. Lego is a great analogy for WoW, and it totally supports my point.

Unfortunately I guess we'll never know since those statistics aren't published. But you've done absolutely nothing to give me any reason to place any trust in your opinion on this matter. Right now the only thing you've convinced me of is that you're emotionally invested in the success of Classic and that your argument is based on the reality you want to see rather than the reality that is most probable.
    The only evidence I have are the 2 kids of my brother (11 and 13), my brother is a gamer just like me and taught them about his games and they both regularly play older games with him, he is a big retro gamer and they enjoy it and they are excited to play WoW Classic with him (it's gonna be their first MMO). Many Original Classic WoW gamers are all in their 30s-40s. Many of them have kids and I am sure some will play Classic together.

LEGO is still the same, I see it with my very own eyes, introducing Disney licenses and movies doesn't mean it changed fundamentally. You buy a box, you build it together with the child (or alone if he/she chooses to) and that's it. Fun fact: the 11 yo boy likes my old pirate LEGO the most.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only evidence I have are the 2 kids of my brother (11 and 13), my brother is a gamer just like me and taught them about his games and they both regularly play older games with him, he is a big retro gamer and they enjoy it and they are excited to play WoW Classic with him (it's gonna be their first MMO). Many Original Classic WoW gamers are all in their 30s-40s. Many of them have kids and I am sure some will play Classic together.
    I can identify with that. I have kids the same age and they are also very interested in WoW. But that interest is tied entirely to my interest in the game (as I am sure is the case with your brother and his kids). Because that's what kids do. It's an inherited interest, not their own.

If I didn't care about or play WoW, my kids would have zero interest in it all - and even less in Classic. They'd probably be playing Fortnite because that's the latest fad.

LEGO is still the same, I see it with my very own eyes, introducing Disney licenses and movies doesn't mean it changed fundamentally. You buy a box, you build it together with the child (or alone if he/she chooses to) and that's it. Fun fact: the 11 yo boy likes my old pirate LEGO the most.
    WoW is still the same, I see it with my very own eyes, introducing new expansions and new features doesn't mean it changed fundamentally. You buy the game, you log in, you build your character and develop it through content, and that's it.

WoW is very similar to Lego in how it's changed with the times.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality

And you seem emotionally invested in seeing classic fail and radiate bitterness.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    And you seem emotionally invested in seeing classic fail and radiate bitterness.
    What exactly makes you say that? It's not even remotely true, and nothing in what I have said is anti-Classic, so really, I'd love to know your reasoning.

I simply think it's silly to think that Classic will appeal to kids. I don't think that's why Blizzard have made the game, and I think it would be a waste of time, effort and money to try market it to kids. That doesn't mean I think Classic will fail. To me it's pretty clear who Blizzard are making Classic for - namely people who played and enjoyed the original game. I think they also have as a secondary target market in mind, anyone else who has subsequently played the game and might be interested in trying out the game in its original form. Ergo, that's who they should be focussing their marketting on.

If their business model is dependent on bringing fresh blood in the form of modern teenagers into the game, then they are doomed to fail. But as I said, I seriously doubt that this is Blizzard's plan.

If you have an issue with the argument I presented, feel free to show where you think I am flawed.

But I guess this sort of thing is par for the course in any Classic discussion. People cannot read criticism of a particular aspect of their opinion regarding Classic without regarding it as some bitter attack against Classic itself
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2019-05-21 at 04:37 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality

If you have an issue with the argument I presented, feel free to show where you think I am flawed.

But I guess this sort of thing is par for the course in any Classic discussion. People cannot read criticism of a particular aspect of their opinion regarding Classic without regarding it as some bitter attack against Classic itself
    Leveling in classic is more challenging. Most classes and specs are squishy and you can't afford to overpull at all. The gameplay is slower, but also much more immersive due to this.

Leveling in bfa is borefest and the addition to class and spec pruning makes the overall experience pretty unrewarding and lackluster. Not only may a new player consider leveling boring as fuck, there is also no way for a new player to decently grasp the game's story due to the leveling experience being a big clusterfuck storywise (revamped 1-60 cata, then go back in time in bc and wotlk areas, then go to the present in cata areas, then go back in time in an alternate dimension in wod again, then level in legion with depleted powerless weapons....)

So for a new player, classic has more appeal. The younger generation doesnt shy away form challenging games like battle royales.
    WOW classic doesnt appeal to casual mobile games players, but they arent a target audience for pc/console games anyway.

For many players, Cataclysm, Wod and BFA are vastly regressive expansions and bfa in particular is a massive class design and class gameplay failure so a return to a pure and unpruned state of the game has massive appeal for old and new players alike (especially since a new player doesnt feel like needing to catch up to 7 expansions and try to make fuck sense of all of them in classic ).
    Last edited by Donatello Trumpi; 2019-05-21 at 05:32 PM.