Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's almost like the hardest part of vanilla was fighting amateur class design.

Vanilla was about time consuming farming and grinding. Nothing was hard in terms of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    1000 times this. And I cleared Nax40 3 days before BC came online. It was hard because I was a frikking clicker back then. Try to move and frostnova and sheep and dps when you are a clicker. It was hard because I was a bad player. I guess with the skill level I have now in this game it will feel like a walk in the park.
    One question.

Which fight in Naxx requires you to move and frostnova and sheep and dps at the same time?

Hell, make it even just move and sheep and dps.

Okay... MOVE AND DPS. What kind of dps can you do while moving as mage? Practically all dps spells require casting.

Aren't you confusing PvE with PvP? That's where the abilities you described might matter.

If anything, the difficulty of Vanilla came from using your abilities SMARTLY, not FASTLY.

I don't know, maybe you were just one of these clueless 10 people in raid that got carried by the other 30. Generally though, the raids were never about testing your personal skills. It was about testing the coordination of the group, if everybody can do their job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Classic WAS fucking easy, people were just clueless back then.
    That's why for lasy year i was repeating "i wish vanilla was already out " so we can stóp with this nonsense notion and lies that were spread on forums about how hardcore vanilla was. Finaly beta is out and lies and this ridoculous narration got shattered into oblivion. . now all we need is MC to be cleared in 1 evening and viola herę you have classic with people who have 15 years and 500+ days played experience .

Wow, vanilla is so hard.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Just wondering: Is this picture actually from vanilla or a private server? People are doing this on private servers, but many people are saying that this is only possible due to a bug on these servers.
    The other Felwood consumables were able to picked by more than one player back in Vanilla (everyone opened the dialogue window and waited for the RL to give the signal before clicking the text), but I can't remember if you could do that with Songflowers as well.

Given the 1.12 patch they are going with, isnt strat/scholo now tuned for a 5man grp? And ubrs a 10man grp? Or was it only ubrs that was changed in the first round? I cant remember. It was far past relevant content by that time. Even at max level dungeons is gonna be a complete joke.

I fully expect to see tripple warrior setups with windfury and a competent healer just zerging throu dungeon trash cleaving everything down superfast.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    That's why for lasy year i was repeating "i wish vanilla was already out " so we can stóp with this nonsense notion and lies that were spread on forums about how hardcore vanilla was. Finaly beta is out and lies and this ridoculous narration got shattered into oblivion. . now all we need is MC to be cleared in 1 evening and viola herę you have classic with people who have 15 years and 500+ days played experience .
    Every single raid in modern wow is cleared on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Every single raid in modern wow is cleared on day 1.
    Not at the highest difficulty which is the only thing that matters... It's also really silly to compare a game that drops 2 pieces of loot to one that drops way more. Classic and live wow have to totally different systems. Mythic plus also makes gearing up a lot faster. If they wanted to make raids last longer they need to rework tuning and gear acquistion. They won't though.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    Some one did not play Vanilla back in the day, sound like an heirloom fan running content while beign vastly over geared. In Vanilla you very overjoyfull getting a green item, and your tank could well go into DM with a couple of grey items. Today we just know a bit more than back then like spamming Battle shout as an aoe magnet below lvl 20 etc. Back then nobody knew these things, and we had the whole wait for 2-3 sunders.
    I played vanilla, and yes while most people used green items for a while after hitting 60, I also remember blues replacing those in pretty short order. It was absolutely not difficult to run dungeons back then. Those who had a hard time just did stuff like 10-man Stratholme which was a snoozefest, even in greens and greys. I remember 5-man farming early Naxx trash when it came out. It was slow, but not difficult. One had to be an incredibly bad and/or lazy player to have trouble with 5-man content.

There were some dungeons that took a long time to clear even with efficient routes and skipping things. But difficult dungeons in vanilla? No. Absolutely not. Even the raids weren't that difficult - casual guilds could easily clear MC, BWL, AQ20, some of AQ40.

Whatever Vanilla is - the content is going to be steamrolled by today's casuals. Another reason why I suspect classic might not have the longevity that some aggressively predict. I will be very surprised if it becomes anything but a curiosity, a museum celebrating a bygone era of gaming. I'm not trying to shoot down anyone who is enjoying it or looking forward to it. I hope it's everything you want it to be, and has the longevity and community you want. I just think it's going to become a ghosttown after the novelty wears off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early dungeons were always easy, provided you had decent players that could CC, and a tank that could hold aggro and let the healer have MBs. They do get harder as you level up though.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    What?

The dungeons in vanilla were never hard.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    WC being very mild and easy to walk through whilst leveling my alts during vanilla and before 1.12.
    Easy to walk through? That was the hard part about WC, finding the way. Good lord, the time spent on being guided and later guiding players through WC... good ol' times!

OT:
    Most people have way more experience and understanding of the game so in general, dungeons should feel easier. In my opinion they were never really hard, just something new that I had not done before. You just gotta drink between pulls.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post
    Right so if they were all so piss easy, why are the ppl in classic reporting the levelling to be much harder?
    I literally tanked most of the classic dungeons as dps back in the day, they were all easy regardless of your skewed perception of what you think classic was. Nothing back then was challenging, it was all just time consuming.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

When I started with a friend in classic we had no ideas what instances were, why you could not run to your corpse and had to enter through that strange portal.

We stumbled into the Deadmines while doing the quests that lead you there, then we cleared the entire instance (me as a mage who was constantly dead after getting aggro and my friend who played paladin who finished the rest). Knowing nothing about the game, knowing nothing about the classes or skills, wearing only half the slots and the rest filled with greens and blues. Classic was not hard, it was just a question how much time you want to invest.

Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post
    What do you guys think about this?

I played vanilla and definitely remember them being as hard if not harder than the levelling. The guys in the beta are reporting levelling being MUCH hard than private servers but dungeons being WAY easier. They are talking about the possibility there was a stealth nerf to dungeons in 1.12

I hope this wasn't the case as easy dungeons will really suck in classic imo, what do you guys reckon?
    If you want DIFFICULT CONTENT - stay away from classsic. if you want TIME CONSUMING CONTENT - play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    thread number 5 million on this.

Private servers buff shit to make it harder do to massive amounts of readily available information, as well as not having exact values for mobs and abilities
    ^ Pretty much this, people don't realize that the only difficult part about dungeons were how time consuming they were(ie to maintain a group of randoms with an attention span for longer than an hour). Vanilla was all about time consumption and making community and friends to make the time dump less boring.

As Nasuuna said, private servers admit to having to fudge numbers because they're entirely empty on the data end of what they have to work with. This extended past NPCs and their abilities but also to several proc effect weapons and trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The game is significantly harder today, people thinking vanilla was going to offer a challenge in terms of difficulty were delusional. Every raid will be cleared within a couple of hrs of opening, and they won't be cleared faster because combat is very slow paced.

It's level ****ing 1-30. Of course it's easy! It's supposed to be!

It'll get better at high levels. I promise. Don't go changing classic WoW's data now because of personal perception about how your 15 years of experience makes the dungeons, desigend for people with 30 hours of experience, too easy. If you think that's a genuinely a problem you're just being dense. Come on now.

Rose tinted goggles, Classic wasnt hard.