Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sansa looked great in her final scene. Laughing at a democratic approach was a lol moment, Drogon trying to wake his mom was a little sad. The final scene of Tyrion & co is talking about brothels (cringe), glad Jon is sent back with the wildlings cause he's not fit for anywhere else. Arya the Explorer is w/e. Whatever, ty next.

At least it wasn't "bad" like episodes 3-5 were. That said, it also wasn't "good" as far as what I would expect from the ending of a GRRM story.

It's the same type of popcorn ending I would expect from any over-produced TV show or Movie. All the Stark children (including Aegon) are now ruling their own kingdoms. Everyone in Kings Landing got their fairy tale ending.

I expect GRRM is going to finish in a similar fashion, at least with the Stark kids, but I suspect he will do it in a much more satisfactory manner that subverts our expectations without breaking any of his own rules and staying consistent with the characters. I would think there will be more to Bran & the Night King story, which will remove some of that "fairy tale" from that ending.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I would think there will be more to Bran & the Night King story, which will remove some of that "fairy tale" from that ending.
    I thought the Night King didn't exist in the books though?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is it bittersweet when there is no sweet in it?

LotR ending was bittersweet with bitter being the feeling of our protagonists and magic leaving the world, and sweet being the personal happiness of characters and victory.

In GoT none character were left with happiness. More over, most protagonist made second characters unhappy (Arya told Gendry to fuck off and sail the fuck away, Jon killed Daenerys, Grey Worm has nothing to live for and fucked off, Tyrion lost his family).
    Not only that, the feeling that ending left me with wasnt tragic in a right sense. Done right Jon killing Daenerys would feel like a great tragedy with the happiness bloomed around them. Instead it felt like confusing angsty sickness all over the plot and characters.

5+ Year Old Account
    HBO still haven't uploaded their usual youtube vids.

Prob afraid of a tsunami of down-votes

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    IMO, the issue is that the Night King is presented as a eons-old force of primal nature and vengeance, imbued with ancient magics by a nearly-dead people (children of the forest).

And they ended that whole threat because he got stabbed this one time.

If they'd shown a single White Walker at any point in the finale, even just overlooking the Free Folk coming through the wall and then riding off into the frozen North again, that would've made it clear that there's still a threat there, and that this is just the end of one cycle, not a breaking of the wheel.

As it is, I'm still left thinking "8 thousand years, and nobody tried to, like, stab the dude?"
    In there defence you need a valarian steel or dragon glass weapon to have any effect.

But that's a bit like superman a kryptonite an almost deus ex item to make the unbeatable, beatable.

But I get what you mean, it was disapointing, my only point is that there were very few ways it could have gone that weren't going to be disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was kinda meh.

I'm not sure if these lines contradict each other but Bran saying "What do you think I came all the way down here for?" and "I don't want it" was weird.

Tyrion says he spent weeks as a prisoner when he comes to the meeting, and later when everyone is walking around, I'm just wondering that King's Landing or Westeros in general have some reaaally good builders.

Hell, I thought they'd just abandon the city and build smth new.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    To everyone who are bitching about how the "leaks were real": It is nobody else's fault but your own, that you read them, and if doing so it may have ruined the finale and conclusion for you. I'm sorry but if you're stupid enough to willingly read into potential spoilers, you forfeit the right to complain about "leaks". I luckily managed to dodge everything from these leaks, even ones revealed here without any spoiler tags. I would simply CTRL+F "leaks" in each page of this thread, and put the posters on ignore before reading that page. Worked perfectly.

As for the finale, I honestly found it very well done and satisfying. I could go on for hours about each of the character's conclusions, and particular defining moments (such as Tyrion's council speech, which finally and effectively put an end to the whole struggle for the iron throne), but I wont. Some of you are too tunnel visioned on creating negatives out of positive aspects that this season, that lacked any real source material, still had (many), that no amount of reasoning would change your minds. Ohwell.
    Pls fuck off we had spoilers in this thread since forever and it even says so in the fucking titel ffs.

Reading must be really heard as it seems for some people coming in her eand complain about fucking spoilers.

And please it was made clear that we don´t need any spoler tags in here so again fuck off.

And the bitching wa smore about how stupid it was to have this ending bcs nothing made sense it was shit and bad paced and rushed.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-05-20 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    He was never some big villain.
    In the books. The Night King and the Dead have ALWAYS been played up as the biggest threat in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Pls fuck off we had spoilers in this thread since forever and it even says so in the fucking titel ffs.

Reading must be really heard as it seems for some people coming in her eand complain about fucking spoilers.

And please it was made clear that we don´t need any spoler tags in here so again fuck off.

And the bitching wa smore about how stupid it was to have this ending bcs nothing made sense it was shit and bad paced and rushed.
    Reading AND comprehension must indeed very hard, particularly in your case.

There's a big fundamental difference between spoilers, and leaks. Leaks are potential spoilers of episode/content that HAVE NOT AIRED YET. Potentially ruining FUTURE episodes for people who did not want to spoil unreleased episodes for themselves (and without any leak-spoiler tags). You seem to be dealing with some anger issues aswell. I'd "fuck off" myself and deal with said issues first, if I were you. (Before posting again)

The Night King tried to save us from Bloodraven. Night King was our savior.

what a bright and sunny day it is. i avoided this shit series completely. never saw one episode.

never saw the appeal of incest and rape scenes. i know you guys are into that shit, but not me.

anyways, on to the next let down whatever it may be.

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-05-20 at 04:55 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    What exactly was bittersweet about the ending? It was described to be bittersweet, but just because Jon kills Dany after a brief dalliance doesn’t make the ending carry extra weight. Was it because Jon has to go back to the wall, because he chose to go there of his own volition previously, which hardly makes it sad.

The ending was bad, it made no sense. For instance, the council meeting of the heads of the seven kingdoms had a few more people involved than seven. why were any of the Stark children there? The only argument could be made for Sansa as she would be the regent, but she should not have been there at all since Jon should have been allowed to attend since both Tyrion and himself were being held for treason. Additionally, if Jon were removed then Bran would become the rightful holder of Winterfell since he’s now into holding titles (it is hard to say for certain whether Bran would rule the North over Jon just outright, but Jon offered it to him and he turned it down presumably because he wants no holdings). Further problems with the North’s representation comes from Sansa, as regent she has no right or authority to seek independence, and even once an independent kingdom she wouldn’t be queen, either Jon or Bran would hold it.

Not finished with problems with the North’s representation, there’s the matter of the Iron Isles. Yara currently holds no title, the Iron Isles were part of the North, which Jon Snow fully retained, so it wasn’t possible for Daenerys to grant Yara a kingdom, as she would have to first revoke it from the North, which never happened (coincidentally this could have been the point of contention between Sansa and Daenerys in the show, but it was never discussed). So Yara should not have been there, and even if you were to argue that Daenerys did revoke the title then granted it to Yara, it would be dubious how well that claim would have held up after the sacking of Kings Landing.

Which brings us to Gendry, who after rowing for seasons on end and then running a marathon and then outfitting the greatest fighting force in the world with dragon glass, was given the Storm Lands. This in itself isn’t under contention, however it seems incredibly unlikely that there were no other claimants to that title and that he traveled south with papers stamped with Daenerys Targaryen on it and brought everything in order. Let’s just say that did happen, why would any of the other kingdoms recognize his claim after the events of Kings Landing?

And yet, those people aren’t the only out of place people in the meeting. Samwell Tarley, a maester and a man with no titles as he is still sworn to the Nights Watch shouldn’t be there, even forgetting Sam's double swear off of titles, Tarly is a vassal to the Reach and is not a representative of the seven kingdoms. Davos Seaworth's holding is part of the Storm Lands, he is a minor house and has no business being there. Brienne of Tarth has no holdings, carries no titles, and serves no purpose at the meeting. Yohn Royce is also a vassal lord to the ruler of the Vale and has no right to be at the meeting.

The entire council scene just reeked of incompetence from the writers, or at best an excuse to put all the "important" characters together at the end. I’m sure there are people who don’t care, who think any criticism levied toward the meeting is nitpicking, or are willing to simply hand wave succession laws as inconsequential (despite the entire show being about it), but I think this scene just highlights the complaints of how the show has completely abandoned following established rules and the characters suffering or prospering based on how they navigated those rules in favor of tropes and set pieces that it sought to overturn.
    I agree the "council of named characters plus extras so as not to forget major houses" felt almost campy... had Brienne been standing behind I would've understood... but pretty much half of those present there were aligned with the North one way or another...
    -Sansa and Brann, double dose of Starks
    -Davos, we can assume at that point he'd still be there in his quality of Hand to the King in the North, so triple North
    -Brienne, else than Sansa's bodyguard?
    -at first I tought that Samwell Tarly would be well accepted to represent the Reach, the Tarly having been depicted as a prominent House there, and his desertion of the Night's Watch and of the Citadel, and various thefts most likely having been pardoned by the late Queen... but then they made Bronn get his due from Tyrion and even becoming Master of Coinage... and Sam Archmaester of nothing... if only they had shown a 10 years or more timeskip that would have been kinda believable...

...at least it was good to know that Edmure did not die forgotten in his cell and that Robyn looks healthier.

I had no issue for Brienne as a Kingsguard, since that is the epitome of her knightly ideal... but Podrick? It felt weird...

Arya playing Columbus in search of Americos got me smirking...given her training in navigation...

5+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess that's it then.

Disappointing. I wonder if Supernatural's series finale will be better, or as big a disappointment, or even worse.

Lol, is it me or did Jon really just disregard his punishment and just went to live beyond the wall lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm laughing so hard.

“The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

I loved the finale! I had mixed feelings about this season, but it was a fitting end to this story. I'm surprised at how natural Bran felt as king. I'm glad it focused on the Stark children and that they all got a proper conclusion. King of the Six Kingdoms, Queen in the North, Explorer of the West, the Man Beyond the Wall.

I'm really happy with it, and I wasn't expecting much from this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Lol, is it me or did Jon really just disregard his punishment and just went to live beyond the wall lol?
    Yes, he did. I mean honestly as soon as Grey Worm left, Bran could have just freed Jon. Or when they hit the North, Sansa could have just freed Jon. But he didn't want to be a noble anyway, he just wanted to go north with Tormund and his doggo so that's what he did.

This last season and especially the finale were just fucked. If the Unsullied wanted Jon and Tyrion to face justice so bad, why didnt they execute them right away instead of holding them for weeks?
    Bran stark as the King was a fucking joke, and lazy ass writing. I dont have any issues with Jon killing Dany, but its what happened afterward that made no sense . Drogon must have thought the throne stabbed her? So so many plot holes and story lines that were just ignored after years of being built up. In the end, nothing mattered and everyone who died , did so for no reason. Its obvious one of the Spin offs is Arya , The other has something to do with Drogon . Its a crying fucking shame that the Writers and show runners were more eager to get to work on a Star Wars movie then finish this properly.

Cersi and Jamie deserved better Deaths. Sansa turned into a un-emotional robot , and BRan is still creepy as fuck .
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2019-05-20 at 11:16 AM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam