Any idea for a speed farming Necro

Hi,

lets see if someone actually still reads the forum.
    I am looking for a speed farming build for my necro (bounties/rifts as well as lower greater rifts for pushing gems).

So far I've tried innaras blood nova build (sucks at killing bosses without adds and even worse sucks for goblins). Has good survivability, mobility and damage, but only on close range and only with enough mobs.
    TrangOuls set is extremely squishy. Good killing speed, but without goldwrap (or long runs without mobs) everything onehits you. Very frustrating from time to time, but with good mobility and damage.
    LoN thorns or mages build are what I currently use for progress, but they are not really good in rifts/bounties. Thorns because of the build up time for the damage, and mages because of the squishiness. And both lack mobility.
    I've not yet tried Rathma (or pestilince, never seen a viable spec for that) and hope it is better.

Does anyone have an advice for a good farming build? For the last seasons I've only played DH which has with multishot one of the best farming specs in the game, so I realize there won't be a necros spec as good. But perhaps anyone can point me to a spec for necro that performs similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Hi,

lets see if someone actually still reads the forum.
    I am looking for a speed farming build for my necro (bounties/rifts as well as lower greater rifts for pushing gems).

So far I've tried innaras blood nova build (sucks at killing bosses without adds and even worse sucks for goblins). Has good survivability, mobility and damage, but only on close range and only with enough mobs.
    TrangOuls set is extremely squishy. Good killing speed, but without goldwrap (or long runs without mobs) everything onehits you. Very frustrating from time to time, but with good mobility and damage.
    LoN thorns or mages build are what I currently use for progress, but they are not really good in rifts/bounties. Thorns because of the build up time for the damage, and mages because of the squishiness. And both lack mobility.
    I've not yet tried Rathma (or pestilince, never seen a viable spec for that) and hope it is better.

Does anyone have an advice for a good farming build? For the last seasons I've only played DH which has with multishot one of the best farming specs in the game, so I realize there won't be a necros spec as good. But perhaps anyone can point me to a spec for necro that performs similar.
    Inarius is pretty good for speed farming.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Inarius is pretty good for speed farming.
    This is exactly what I came here for. Like the OP I run a very bounty-unfriendly pushing build and wanted something to do bounties and Torments with. Inarius is literally the only overall direction I haven't tested in T16. T16 seems to have really upset the reality of what builds can handle their own in "speed farm" territory. What worked for T13 just doesn't seem to work any more because things live too long to feed the goldwrap trinity, which collapses the entire playstyle.

I'll farm up an inarius set then, thanks for the input!

Depends on what tormet/Grift level you're aiming at speedfarming, Inarius speedfarming setup with Siphon Blood/Blood Nova works really well up to atleast 14 with normal gear. Normal as I just tossed in the set pieces I had in the stash, and went on killing. Really quick moving and blows up Elites instantly in anything from 14 and below, the rift boss might take a few seconds.

Higher than that, I just go with LoN mages and blow everything up. Toss on a Goldwrap and Gem of the Hoarder, Steuart's Greaves with Blood Rush+Molting(Personal choice, as an extra corps can be nice sometimes) And the rest just regular LoN Mages set, and you will blow through T16 in minutes while being immortal.

For Grifting I take LoN mages and take out the Boon of the Hoarder and Goldwrap and toss on some random Ancient belt I got with nothing special and the regular gem setup, and blast through while playing it a bit safer than normal rifting/bounties.

Really not much special to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Have you tried the LoN Blood Nova build? Harder to get up and running, but outside of bosses with phases you can just melt them with Land of the Dead, Corpse Lance and that element ring. Most bosses just collapse even on T16.

Just play lon singularity and speed farm 105-110 in 3 mintues. There are a lot of groups looking for necromancers with 22y barb. You will not only upgrade gems fast but also farm paragons.

Necro is weak as I`ve seen!