Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    Did you listen to his arguments for Why? :P
    i have! but that still doesn't remove the fact that if he as a big streamer didn't go classic when you see all the traction and views it's getting then he would be an idiot. all im saying is, remember that it is his job to stream. that's why i'm skeptic to his video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayluck View Post
    It's obvious you and the other people spouting that clearly didn't play. It's ok though people who actually played can fill you in.

I did and you actually had to put in a lot of effort just to raid. Bosses would easily wipe a raid if you came unprepared or without mechanic knowledge. Of course when you were geared it got a lot easier but still.
    Clearly didn't play. Have you ready ANY of my posts?

Bosses easily wipe a raid now if you come unprepared.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I did though.

Mythic bosses are objectively more difficult than anything in AQ40 and Naxx other than maybe a handful of special fights such as Heigan/C'thun/4h/Saph/KT. As for the phases and skills part? No, most bosses have one or two extra abilities to watch out for but most of the difficulty (just like in Vanilla) was simply about the damage output or skills being more dangerous.

You cannot cheese stuff like Heigan, if you fuck up the dance or the tunnel, you lose. Same with C'thun and Sapphiron. If you fuck up on ability dodging you die.
    4H and KT are more about managing stuff around the encounter, adds and or bosses.

Just like in mythic encounters, there is stuff that you cannot fuck about with. If you get hit by Sea Swells, you die. If you don't do bots propery, you die. If you don't dodge the spinning fire, you die.

There is far more stuff in mythics that must be dealt with than in any of Vanilla's raid content and it isn't just about the number of abilities.
    This is something you must see in relation to the times. You can't compare Mythic bosses nowadays to Classic bosses without thinking about a) class design, b) gearing, c) buff food and d) etc. In general bosses weren't very complex (I mean there were complex bosses but most of them weren't) but all of the other things you had to worry about was what made it difficult (maybe difficult is the wrong word?). Nowadays you can totally ignore a, b and c. Gearing is super easy, getting buff food is too and class design... due to marginalization it barely matters. That's why you need those complex encounters.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Bosses easily wipe a raid now if you come unprepared.
    The same as in Classic... fighting Nefarion without the cloak or Huhuran / Saphiron without resistance gear... well, no chance. Farming / crafting resistance gear was tedious and a pain. But it was something that made Classic Classic and I am looking forward to it. You don't have these things nowadays. All that matters is your gear score (and skill in the highest difficulties).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

No it isn't harder.
    Dude im not insulting, im just stating facts.
    Its okay classic is harder, its for another audience that likes hard content.
    Some players don't like hard content and thats fine, if you like to chill retail is here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is something you must see in relation to the times. You can't compare Mythic bosses nowadays to Classic bosses without thinking about a) class design, b) gearing, c) buff food and d) etc. In general bosses weren't very complex (I mean there were complex bosses but most of them weren't) but all of the other things you had to worry about was what made it difficult (maybe difficult is the wrong word?). Nowadays you can totally ignore a, b and c. Gearing is super easy, getting buff food is too and class design... due to marginalization it barely matters. That's why you need those complex encounters.
    Getting food buffs in Vanilla was easy. Because if you didn't have food with you, you wouldn't be invited to my raid groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The same as in Classic... fighting Nefarion without the cloak or Huhuran / Saphiron without resistance gear... well, no chance. Farming / crafting resistance gear was tedious and a pain. But it was something that made Classic Classic and I am looking forward to it. You don't have these things nowadays. All that matters is your gear score (and skill in the highest difficulties).
    Yes, the point he said was that being unprepared meant your raid wipes. As if that does not exist now. It's a stupid argument.
    Speciation Is Gradual

7+ Year Old Account
    Even in the best of situations, Classic will not overtake retail simply because of the marketing difference between the two products.

Aslong as Blizzard is supporting content for Retail, Classic will always be an afterthought, designed for a smaller yet more specific audience. But if Retail gets put on maintainence, Classic might overtake it, especially if they progress to TBC and Wrath.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Even in the best of situations, Classic will not overtake retail simply because of the marketing difference between the two products.

Aslong as Blizzard is supporting content for Retail, Classic will always be an afterthought, designed for a smaller yet more specific audience. But if Retail gets put on maintainence, Classic might overtake it, especially if they progress to TBC and Wrath.
    Classic is a timeless experience and it did grow to 8 millions sub back in the day, i think you will be quite shocked :-)

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    Classic is a timeless experience and it did grow to 8 millions sub back in the day, i think you will be quite shocked :-)
    Because it was new in 2004, had RTS game with lore before and was a first mmo for majority.

Ppl writing that Classic was better, harder and will overtake retail, please...give me a number to your dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Because it was new in 2004, had RTS game with lore before and was a first mmo for majority.

Ppl writing that Classic was better, harder and will overtake retail, please...give me a number to your dealer
    I can't wait when we prove you wrong? After 1 year of classic you will say, we need atleast 2 years to judge classic LUL

I doubt it. Especially once the rose-tinted glasses come off and reality sets in. The irony is a lot of what people complain about in 9.0 is worse in Classic. Things like the GCD, the grinding, etc.

I can't wait to see the tears of people when Classic does better than retail.

It's going to be absolutely majestic and a wake up call for those people who don't know what a real RPG is.
    Maybe you should wake up and realize it's not 2004 anymore, gaming industry and player base has changed a lot. Portion of players that want to have tedious, time consuming grinding experience is very small.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to pretend you played don't worry buddy.
    Sure, I'll humor an 8 post ban evading account.

My shitty pvp rank that got tanked due to DhKs in the final days before the honor system was removed as well as the Dark Portal Event.

And this is from my rogue who was my original main that I didn't login to for years after quitting him (hence the achievement date being way after when they were added)

Last edited by Lollis; 2019-05-20 at 12:28 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

While it's true nobody can predict the future or how well Classic will be received...using logic one can determine that Classic will initially be popular but its popularity will plummet once the realities of how bad a game it was in that state hits home. The people most looking forward to Classic have their nostalgia goggles on REALLY tight and have forgotten the pitfalls of Vanilla.

I certainly don't care much if Classic does overtake Retail in popularity, but it just seems so unlikely to happen that those with their hopes and dreams set on Classic doing so will be in for a rude awakening 6+ months after it releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Assorted Whip View Post
    Maybe you should wake up and realize it's not 2004 anymore, gaming industry and player base has changed a lot. Portion of players that want to have tedious, time consuming grinding experience is very small.
    How do you know? Its not like BFA is doing good, why do you think the first 3 expansions did well?
    And don't say its because WoW is old.
    WoW was old even at end of Wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    While it's true nobody can predict the future or how well Classic will be received...using logic one can determine that Classic will initially be popular but its popularity will plummet once the realities of how bad a game it was in that state hits home. The people most looking forward to Classic have their nostalgia goggles on REALLY tight and have forgotten the pitfalls of Vanilla.

I certainly don't care much if Classic does overtake Retail in popularity, but it just seems so unlikely to happen that those with their hopes and dreams set on Classic doing so will be in for a rude awakening 6+ months over it releases.
    If its the TOP game for 6 months i still think it did better than the last 4 WoW expansions.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assorted Whip View Post
    It's like people don't realize just how much time has passed since then. It's not even about MMORPGs of today being different, but rise of MOBAs, battle royales, mobile gaming, casual gaming, f2p, subscription based mmos being nearly extinct and so on. No, something had X players two decades ago = it will have the same number now.

Let's not forget that vanilla also had a huge turnover - it was not a perfect game that never bored anyone. Plenty of people dropped it well before 60, but newcomers kept the subscriptions rising. However, back then, it offered something completely different - persistent online gameplay that didn't require absurd grinding and was available for "casuals". That will not be the case for Classic, as "casuals" of today have very different requirements.

If its the TOP game for 6 months i still think it did better than the last 4 WoW expansions.
    What do you mean "top game" exactly? Classic WOW most certainly will not be the highest played game out of all games released this year. Top Blizzard game? Perhaps, for a few months at most. And do you really think Blizzard would view recreating a 15 year old game for 6 months of popularity as a worthy investment? Huh, think again!

You are comparing "complete" product with betas. Because thats how it is. Blizzard is too slow to react and fix issues.
    8.0 had way too many issues that were fixed in 8.1 but it was just too slow.

Legion was worst in this way... waking essences at the end of expansion was like slowest fix ever, should have been implemented month after expansion start.
    WoD was no different.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It will be king for a while, until a new and more hyped product comes to cast it down and take all its playerbase with it.