Quote Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
    It was pretty much all made up on the spot by the shows writers. As shown by the dialogue where Cersei convinces the Iron Bank's envoy to fund her by pointing out at how Dany's adventures in Slaver's Bay must have hurt their interests in the Slave Trade...

... given that Braavos foundation and ethics are grounded in the rejection of Slavery.
    Not only that, but also they cut out a significant part of the book plot that would have made season 7 and 8 much much more interesting. But nope, lets amputate the Dornish plot and Blackfyres. They had at least 2-3 more seasons worth of materials. D&D were fine with source material until frankly it seemed they got bored of it and said fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    "Why would the Bran 9000, First of His Name need a Master of Whisperers?"
    That is actually a good point i did not even consider. Why not just make a joke out of it, the scene was already laughable when Bronn showed up again as master of coin.
    Just have Tyrion mention how they prefer a councilmember with a certain level of skill, and they have not found a Master of Whispers more effective than Bran.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    In the books. The Night King and the Dead have ALWAYS been played up as the biggest threat in the show.
    Seriously?

The Night King doesn't even exist in the books. It was a tv show creation.... so thanks for that, i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I love how D&D realised they totally wrote themselves into a corner that they had no idea how to get out of when the Dothraki/Unsullied discover that Jon killed Dany, so the story skips ahead a few weeks and pretends that nothing happened.

The north is casually allowed to secede without causing an instant war as everyone else will want to fuck off aswell.

Sigh, atleast its over now.
    Time to forget the last few seasons ever happened.
    They didn't write themselves into a corner. They cut themselves into a corner. This season and last season would have made much more sense if they had the Donrish plot and Blackfyre plot involved.

Chelly
    Why does Bran even have a master of whispers

Terrible ending for a terrible season of a show in quality decline. Good riddance.

Pretty entertaining finale for me. Though I think the show would have finished stronger if there had been a way longer hiatus and the previous two seasons were delivered as a singular, final robust season.

I do think a lot of characters ended in the show where likely to in the books. However, to my point above the books have the benefit of telling the story with a great manner of robustness. Martin's writings are little over the top in detail and that really lends to the psychology of people such as Jamie, Arya, Bran and Cersi- characters I think that were under-served and shallower on the show than I would have liked.

I really only disliked the portrayal of Jamie, he's a complicated guy in the books, where unless something particularly dramatic happens had no real reason to go back to Cersi as he did in last week's episode. Which was all the more confusing/strange when Tyrion is digging through rubble for his brother and sister- huh?

Pretty sure Jon's ending here will be very similar to that of the books when the time comes (if it comes); the call back to 'love/duty' speech the maester gives Jon when he is first arrived in Castle Black in this episode really happens in the books. I always thought it a bit prophetic the would-be-King (Maester Aemon was a Targaryen) chose to give that speech to Jon.

Now the long wait for Martin's books continues as I am likely to read them on my death bed at this point.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2019-05-20 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
    It was pretty much all made up on the spot by the shows writers. As shown by the dialogue where Cersei convinces the Iron Bank's envoy to fund her by pointing out at how Dany's adventures in Slaver's Bay must have hurt their interests in the Slave Trade...

... given that Braavos foundation and ethics are grounded in the rejection of Slavery.
    I know, the only reason I could think of them not wanting to fund against a targ is because of this actually. Until you consider they still did trade with Valyria. So I discarded that. Fact is. Lending the money no matter how you dissect it is dumb as hell to get the Golden Company into Westeros. Almost like they cut some Dornish/Blackfyre plot or something form the books *Sarcasm*.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    In the books. The Night King and the Dead have ALWAYS been played up as the biggest threat in the show.
    This is not necessarily true. The "Night King" is not even in the books (yet) and the Walkers are pretty brief.

So is Bran low key the most manipulative and evil character? I’m paraphrasing but his line to Tyrion, "why do you think I’m here", indicates that he knew how this would all play out. He knew Dany would burn King’s Landing but didn’t say a word because he needed Jon to kill her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Are you joking? This kind of shit happens constantly in films. It's not indicative of anything but the fact that millions of eyes see things that dozens/less won't.
    For example, the original theatrical release of Fellowship of the Ring had a car in a background shot.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    On the plus side, really good scene with Tyrion crying over his siblings. This one thing.
    Agreed with everything else, but I actually thought that was a weak point. His acting was uncharacteristically below par IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    So is Bran low key the most manipulative and evil character? I’m paraphrasing but his line to Tyrion, "why do you think I’m here", indicates that he knew how this would all play out. He knew Dany would burn King’s Landing but didn’t say a word because he needed Jon to kill her.
    That is something that crossed my mind. It would have been the perfect way to have him on the Throne. But nope. D&D fucked that chance up. All they had to do with do 1 more throw away line and then have someone walk away and him smirking. That could have changed things significantly.

Worst ending ever in a series.

Basicly Bran has played everybody else to get the throne.
    He put everybody in place giving out information so that his future as king would become possible and nobody thinks this is an issue.
    He saw Kingslanding burning yet told nobody to stop it just to become king himself.

If you think about it the biggest ass of the show is now king in the end.

JON SNOW went back to winterfel lmao what a end he wnet to buy air freshner lmao

preciscivac vazduha nobel ambilife samo na pro100healthy.rs
    Last edited by prostozdravo; 2019-05-29 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    "Why would the Bran 9000, First of His Name need a Master of Whisperers?"

"How did Bronn become Master of Coin?" Zero qualifications.

"Starks get both the Northern Kingdom and King of of the other Six Kingdoms. The other lords would freak."

"There's still a Nightswatch?"

"How did Drogon understand the symbolism of the Iron Throne?"

"Wait so the only people who wanted Jon punished left westeros and they still punished Jon? "

"Why the would the North not bend the knee to Ned Stark’s only living son? "
    Because every government needs a intelligence division and Brann, while able to be all seeing isn't omnipotent, he still needs to know what to look for.

Bronn is master of coin because he had literally become the richest person on westeros by playing all sides of the field.

Brann can't have kids,thus meaning when he dies the north won't have the security of a stark, Plus literally one major plot point was the north getting its independence, it's why majority of thier family is dead.

The true north is not part of the kingdom plus it is meant to also be a reserve of soldiers.

Dragon are not dumb and danny constantly talked about it.

They're still going to probably have ppl stay behind or come between the place, pluuuuuuus tyrion always tries to keep his word.

What the fuck ever happened to Benjin Stark? That was never explained . Nothing about Azor Ahai the prince that was promised...so many plot lines just thrown away . And last I checked, Kings landing had no money and the Bank wanted its cash back. Suddenly it seems they have a ton of money to rebuild a completey ruined city? Most of the citizens were killed, where are they getting the man power to fix things.

But the biggest issue i had was the Usullied not executing 2 traitors when they had the power to do so

- - - Updated - - -

I like to think that Drogon took Dany away and she become the Night Queen

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the Night King is actually the Hero , stopping BRan because Bran will end up being the most ruthless tyrant ever to sit on the throne. Imagine him being able to know everything , what is going on every where and see the future
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    What the fuck ever happened to Benjin Stark? That was never explained . Nothing about Azor Ahai the prince that was promised...so many plot lines just thrown away . And last I checked, Kings landing had no money and the Bank wanted its cash back. Suddenly it seems they have a ton of money to rebuild a completey ruined city? Most of the citizens were killed, where are they getting the man power to fix things.

But the biggest issue i had was the Usullied not executing 2 traitors when they had the power to do so

- - - Updated - - -

I like to think that Drogon took Dany away and she become the Night Queen

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the Night King is actually the Hero , stopping BRan because Bran will end up being the most ruthless tyrant ever to sit on the throne. Imagine him being able to know everything , what is going on every where and see the future
    Benjin died in season 7 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Bran doesn't see everything at all times it seems. He even says he would search for Drogons whereabouts. So a master of whispers isn't that out of the question.

Bran is a search engine, not PRISM, he can't suddenly know whenever someone says 'overthrow' and it turns out they were peasants yelling about each others hay laying capabilities. He has to know specifically where and what he's looking for, it's why he needs a Master of Whispers.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Bran is just a terrible character and I'm pretty sure the character was written so poorly it actually made him look sinister at the end.
    Would be interesting to know if that was their intention. I'd be surprised knowing how bad they wrote the other characters as well.