Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What will you watch now?

With the ending of 2 nerdy/geeky loved shows (Game of Thrones & Big Bang Theory) this week, what do you think you and other geeks/nerds will flock to in terms of TV shows?

Currently watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes on HDive, through VRV. It's great!

HBO's Chernobyl so far has been downright amazing. Some of the new series coming up looks to have some promise (His Dark Materials and Watchmen). Outside of that, not sure. Something I missed on Netflix maybe.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    (His Dark Materials and Watchmen)
    I saw previews of those and bookmarked them on my Hulu so I can watch them when they air.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stranger Things s03

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about watching Deadwood. Any good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Currently watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes on HDive, through VRV. It's great!

Patrician taste, LoGH is one of my all time favourite animes.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    HBO's Chernobyl so far has been downright amazing. Some of the new series coming up looks to have some promise (His Dark Materials and Watchmen). Outside of that, not sure. Something I missed on Netflix maybe.
    Chernobyl is indeed an amazing miniseries. Watchmen looks interesting, but I gotta be frank, I'm skipping His Dark Materials. No way I'm wasting my time on that, no matter how awesome they try and make it look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Planning to watch Stranger Things in a couple months, not sure past that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    With the ending of 2 nerdy/geeky loved shows (Game of Thrones & Big Bang Theory) this week, what do you think you and other geeks/nerds will flock to in terms of TV shows?

For new series I would say HBO have Watchman coming up, then Disney+ Mandalorian, next year we will get the GoT prequel series and I think Amazons LOTR.
    But for now I am waiting for Stranger Things s3 which is like 3 weeks away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    It was good for the episodes I watched. I watched them like a few days after having been in Deadwood and I guess the overly dramaticized aspects kinda didn't sit well with me seeing I just just seen all the locations and learned the actual history of the place. I know they have a movie, to give the show closure, coming out soonish.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Hopefully something that's actually good, like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Actual geeks and nerds don't watch the big bang theory, only boomers who like making fun of "kids these days" do.
    Exactly. Hell, most of the 'nerdy' references they make aren't even accurate. "Sword of Azeroth" makes me want to kill myself every time I hear it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I'm watching several shows at the same time, namely Dark (a german sci-fy show from netflix), Riverdale, How to Get Away with Murder and the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Actual geeks and nerds don't watch the big bang theory, only boomers who like making fun of "kids these days" do.
    Just wanted to post that as well. The show is for normies that don't get nerds/geeks at all. It was kinda cute during their first season but they've been going downhill since then, I wasn't even aware they still aired the show.

I'm really really hoping His Dark Materials doesn't disappoint, because that is one of my favorite series of all time.

But it'll be really hard to live up to my expectations.

But everyone always says, "I'm so surprised you don't watch that. It's right up your alley with all the nerdy stuff."

Edit: Also, on topic: Westworld. Stranger Things. I may go back and watch that pirate show, Black Sails.
    Last edited by maulgryve; 2019-05-20 at 03:35 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I'm really really hoping His Dark Materials doesn't disappoint, because that is one of my favorite series of all time.

But it'll be really hard to live up to my expectations.
    If it's a quite faithful adaptation, i may watch it. Although the 3rd book wasn't what i expected.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    New shows?
    Wheel of Time.
    His Dark Materials.
    Invincible. (Trust me. WATCH THIS SHOW)
    Lord of the Rings.
    Good Omens.

Currently airing shows:
    Brooklyn 99
    Marvelous Mrs Maisel.
    Agents of SHIELD.
    The 100.
    American Gods.
    Mr Robot.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Yes, it's fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I....I don't know. There is a void now.... *existential crisis sets in*....*panic screams* Oh at this Chernobyl, Barry, His Dark Materials....*existential crisis averted* ah yeah.