7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    But then we wouldn't see Jon pet Ghost!

So Tyrion finding his sister and brother. Pretty amusing that if they stood a few feet away they wouldn't have died from the ceiling boss... Like wtf?
    I honestly think they wanted to die in that moment. If they would have been caught, its unlikely they would have died embracing one another.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post

Worging and looking into the past(the show hinted at his ability to alter the past, but that didn't play out at all).
    Sounds like you don't really know what he's capable of.
    Neither do I because he's an underdeveloped garbage character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    lol my gf wanted me to spoil the episode because I saw it first and I wanted to troll her by saying Brann would be king. I guess I trolled myself.

Shitty ending, it was good that they ruined the season from the beginning or the disappointment would be even bigger
    Yeah I didn’t like this season too much especially the last episode.
    But to play devil’s advocate...is it possible people are just upset because so much emotion/investment in the show only to get what was unexpected?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    Sounds like you don't really know what he's capable of.
    Neither do I because he's an underdeveloped garbage character.
    That's all he can do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

So the show basically ends like it began, with a council doing much of the ruling like it did for Robert. What was the point of it all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    For example, the original theatrical release of Fellowship of the Ring had a car in a background shot.
    You can find satellite dishes in Cairo during Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Movie takes place in the 30's, there were no satellites yet.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Hey now. It's not great, but it's not "killed my sister, abandoned my kid, sailed into a hurricane, and magically teleported to Canada where I became a lumberjack" bad.

Just to pick one example.
    loldex10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I can't believe Jaime was such a high level kingslayer, that he tried to kill Bran in episode 1.
    Actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Because if you never read the books to begin with, then the characters in the show are all they've ever known. So how would they even know that the book ending would be better.

It's like eating a burger and comparing it's taste to a burger you haven't eaten before.
    You don't know the books will better, but you tasted the burger before in seasons 1 through 5.
    I would imagine it's a pretty fuckin safe bet that George R.R. Martin is a better writer than D&D and would probably write a more fulfilling ending. Just a hunch

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    So the show basically ends like it began, with a council doing much of the ruling like it did for Robert. What was the point of it all?
    George probably explained to the show writers that the ending consisted of the monarchies hold over everyone was diminished and that there will be a parliamentary democracy system put into place. Like how we have it in the UK. But the show writers are American, and don't know shit about anything in general, so they fucked that up, too.

5+ Year Old Account
    By the time of the dragonpit meeting, word would have gotten out that Jon was Aegeon Targaryen. So, Varys died for nothing thinking people wanted Jon as king...

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the actual ending what GRRM would have written? So the conclusions were set in stone but the lead up to it questionable?

That's all he can do...
    He's also had visions of the future which you left out
    He also gave Arya the dagger that would kill the NK
    He also traveled to KL knowing he would become king.

Do you really know what he's capable of?

The series is garbage but D&D did it to lie and keep their audience.

We are watching like 3 series.

- The first part (S1-S4) follow the source material but making some character less grey and more likable (Tyrion, Varys, Jaime, etc). Some of them became the audience´s favourites. They eliminated important dialogues and motivation that took a lot from the characters but kept some relationships. Like the revelation of Jaime about Tyrion´s wife.

- The second part (S5-S7), during these seasons the changes of the characters of S8 was supposed to happen. Instead, D&D changed many characters and sell the idea that they are good and noble. They introduced or reinforced a lot of topics without resolution: Dany´s fertility question, the prince that was promised, etc. They solve the meeting between Danaerys and Tyrion fast because they didnt want to "waste" time but because they didnt want to choose how those characters fell into darkness. If you are fan a Danaerys, would you keep watching the series if Danaerys destroyed the slave cities killing armies and civilians? Would you keep watching if she promised to reach Westeros and burn Red Keep? If you are fan of Tyrion, would you keep watching if you see him motivating Danaerys to burn everything? It is more likely that will happen in the books.

- S8, what it needed to happen between S5 and S7, they had to tell it here. To keep the clear fight between good vs evil they even changed the order of the events to figthing first the NK and then face Cersei. Why? Again, they were afraid about the change in Danaerys. D&D wanted to end this season fast because they didnt want to change expectations and lose audience. They put new clues in this season ignoring all the other seasons because they were forced to keep the events that might happen in the books.

They played with their audience to keep them content with their characters for the longest time they were able and bring "twists" and "shocks".

TL;DR: the changes of the characters will happen but they will start in Meeren (example: Danaery the destroyer). D&D left that for last to keep their audience watching and trusting their favourite characters.
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2019-05-20 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Isn't the actual ending what GRRM would have written? So the conclusions were set in stone but the lead up to it questionable?
    He said that he told them about the main characters endings. He mentioned that he didn't tell them anything about a lot of the side characters. Who does George think of as a side character I wonder. I know Bronn is a side character. George admitted that one at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    By the time of the dragonpit meeting, word would have gotten out that Jon was Aegeon Targaryen. So, Varys died for nothing thinking people wanted Jon as king...
    If he even sent out the letters. Which we never actually got confirmed did we?

10+ Year Old Account
    He said that he told them about the main characters endings. He mentioned that he didn't tell them anything about a lot of the side characters. Who does George think of as a side character I wonder. I know Bronn is a side character. George admitted that one at least.
    Probably anyone who doesn't have PoV chapters in the book. Can't recall if that applies to Bronn

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    So start a war over an exile that he doesn't really mind to begin with... makes sense.
    The unsullied fucked off they’re not sailing back just to go to war for Jon.

The best thing about the final episode is all the imagery surrounding Daenarys+Dragon. Seriously.. every scene they were in this episode was stunning. Whether you loved or hated the episode is another matter, but damn did they get the imagery spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    God this show turned to shit...at least it's over now..they didn't even mention that Jon Snow was Aegeon Targaryen...
    Yeah like what was the point