Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I agree...even though we have no endgame dungeons on Beta and we have absolutely no information so far.

I believe Vanilla dungeons were all a matter of "not over pulling" and "do not mess up" and "dont sleep healer".

I imagine it as a residentsleeper emote while doing the dungeon...and while you are in a sleepy state...you mess up and die.
    Its the only way to fail in Classic IMO

I could be completely wrong

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of assumptions beeing thrown around. I choose to wait and see for the opinions of Pros.
    Those threads have pitiful data being thrown around :S
    But they got proof yet you choose to deny it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    So as I'm sure many people are aware after browsing this site and others, the WoW Classic beta has begun to a great deal of fanfare.

However, I can't be the only one to have noticed the massive increase in hostilities between the retail and classic crowd? You have both sides creating pejorative terms to describe the others, such as "retail babies" or "nostalgia purists".

So I suppose my question and the point of this thread is to ask how do you predict this will all turn out?

I personally believe the community is fractured beyond belief and it's sad that so many who once shared a favourite pass time are now attacking each other over what essentially amounts to their personal preference.
    There is no fracture. The game got an entire new playerbase. You have the "old" playerbase and the "new" playerbase.

Stop trying to twist reality (sorry for the hostility in my words)

By definition, Classic's questing is HARDER.

Mobs hit for more.
    Parry more
    Dodge more
    Elite mobs in the world and quests
    They run and call for help (if im not mistaken)
    You cant pull 3 mobs of your own level.

By definition this is "harder" than retail.
    It's... not. You're literally saying that because it takes longer (i.e. you have to pull less and/or have more downtime between pulls) means it's harder. It's not harder.

Anyone can reach max level solo without issues, in Classic and in modern. The only difference is that in Classic you'll take a whole lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    But they got proof yet you choose to deny it lol
    Oh i saw a video of Joana in 2005 with completely different gear receiving X damage.
    And i saw Joana today receiving X different damage even though she had different armor (and mark of the Wild buff)

And then i saw Asmongold, who said something and the reality was otherwise (literally no proof here, just word of mouth from Asmongold)

Is this "proof"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's... not. You're literally saying that because it takes longer (i.e. you have to pull less and/or have more downtime between pulls) means it's harder. It's not harder.

Anyone can reach max level solo without issues, in Classic and in modern. The only difference is that in Classic you'll take a whole lot longer.
    By definition...that is harder.

Oh i saw a video of Joana in 2005 with completely different gear receiving X damage.
    And i saw Joana today receiving X different damage even though she had different armor (and mark of the Wild buff)

And then i saw Asmongold, who said something and the reality was otherwise (literally no proof here, just word of mouth from Asmongold)

Is this "proof"?
    Denial is a big hit go read the patch notes of 1.12 yourself to see how badly wrong you are,this is a watereddown version of the original.i played since day one and I can remember mobs hit harder than that in beta, most of the original DMG formulas are not there.

If you pulled more than 2 me bs of same lvl you were dead plain and simple.the guy pulled 3 red mobs and survived

Deny it all you want but people already have reported it,they even got proof of making mobs being removed from dungeons
    Last edited by niztheundead87; 2019-05-20 at 02:48 PM.

Denial is a big hit go read the patch notes of 1.12 yourself to see how badly wrong you are,this is a watereddown version of the original.i played sinc d day one and I can remember mobs hit harder than that in beta, most of the original DMG formulas are not there.

Deny it all you want but people already have reported i
    Its a sad reality then (if patch 1.12 nerfed all mobs)

But what can we do now at this point? Its patch 1.12...its within their right to do so...

10+ Year Old Account

I mean, that is technically just straight up harder.
    If you have to pull less because the mobs hit too hard, then that is by definition harder.

It's like saying Dark Souls and Skyrim has the same difficulty, just one takes more time to complete because you end up dying a lot more.

Why can't I play classic and and retail simultaneously?

But what can we do now at this point? Its patch 1.12...its within their right to do so...
    That's is the version they could come up , largest patch before the tbc prepatch nowadays people would not handle the original. Ppl report the original hunter dead zone as a bug.

That's is the version they could come up , largest patch before the tbc prepatch nowadays people would not handle the original. Ppl report the original hunter dead zone as a bug.
    That would be an interesting thread to have on CLassic WoW sub forum, do you have the patch notes of 1.12 saying all mobs got nerfed?
    I will try and search

Stop trying to twist reality (sorry for the hostility in my words)

By definition, Classic's questing is HARDER.

Mobs hit for more.
    Parry more
    Dodge more
    Elite mobs in the world and quests
    They run and call for help (if im not mistaken)
    You cant pull 3 mobs of your own level.

By definition this is "harder" than retail.
    And all the time you are spamming that 1 button until your head hits the desk.

There were fun things in old WoW, but the way you fought wasn't one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I could be completely wrong
    Not a clue but you still felt the need to comment.
    Were you even born in 2004? XD

There is absolutely no information of nerfs to Mobs in patch 1.12....so its all speculation from reddit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Not a clue but you still felt the need to comment.
    Were you even born in 2004? XD
    I dont pretend to know things from 15 years ago.

This guy is just concern trolling. The normalisation/nerf theory is debunked *in that very thread*. Other streamers were being hit with the correct amount of damage so it's prob just a bug

There is absolutely no information of nerfs to Mobs in patch 1.12....so its all speculation from reddit.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont pretend to know things from 15 years ago.
    So all the people in beta are wrong for reporting it and you are right... Sure

So all the people in beta are wrong for reporting it and you are right... Sure
    Whats TipsOut said on stream is that IS POSSIBLE that there were UNDOCUMENTED / STEALTH changes that nerfed all mobs in 1.12.

Its all speculation, word of mouth, "i member 15 years ago..."

I checked the 1.12 patch notes...there is ZERO references to nerfs to mobs.
    And if said patch notes existed, they would be all over the internet by now.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-05-20 at 03:27 PM.

the only annoying thing is streamers and their fanatic followers
    the most annoying thing about the streamers is who they invited. People who never played vanilla or hardly played wow at all, and they keep reporting bugs that aren't even bugs.

Why on heavens name did blizzard not invite every active wow player today that actually played vanilla ? (and before anyone accuses me of saying that because i just want a beta invite for myself, i didn't opt in to the beta, so thats not why)

Whats TipsOut said on stream is that IS POSSIBLE that there were UNDOCUMENTED / STEALTH changes that nerfed all mobs in 1.12.

Its all speculation, word of mounth, "i member 15 years ago..."

I checked the 1.12 patch notes...there is ZERO references to nerfs to mobs.
    And if said patch notes existed, they would be all over the internet by now.
    A vanilla player came with video from original reporting it
    There's a bunch of people reporting on Reddit already but sure keep believing what you want.

I played since launch tried beta and I can tell the same

By definition...that is harder.
    Again, no. You're equating "time spent" with "difficulty". That's not how it works. Classic is not hard. Just time-consuming, overall.

Again, no. You're equating "time spent" with "difficulty". That's not how it works. Classic is not hard. Just time-consuming, overall.
    Why does it take longer? -___-

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    It's like saying Dark Souls and Skyrim has the same difficulty, just one takes more time to complete because you end up dying a lot more.
    Not really because Dark Souls was designed to be hard, which is not the same thing as Classic.