As it happens with comic books, it starts happening with great books. If the majority aka the feeble-minded are satisfied with enough action sequences, CGI, plus random acts of showing skin or gore, the thing makes enough money to keep producers and directors motivated to produce even more crap. Look at Avatar, it's landed the biggest profit in all movies and in the end it was all eye-candy and a very bad example for chidren in the sense of responsability. Not to mention the butchering of Star Wars... what a waste. I really have no more hope for humanity. It looks like Idiocracy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Is the kingdom indebted or is it the person? If it's the kingdom, then yes, yes it would. Serious question, if the USA has a civil war (we're ~60% the way there), and the side that's not currently in power wins and gains control over all the USA, do you think the massive debt the US has would just go away in a blink? Again, my question continues with why after the Nazis were destroyed, why did Germany have to pay anything to the allies, I thought the axies/nazis were dead and lost the war. According to you, that should have never happened.
    Your forgetting this is medieval not present day
    back then a conqueror like william would not have been forced to pay the debt of the kingdom before he conquered it
    hell in most cases the kingdom would not be the same after conquest

russia conquering poland didnt force russia to pay polish debt either
    ottomans conquering ERE didnt force them to pay the debt and the ERE had debt to genoa and venice for sure

many more examples pre modern time where the country gets conquered did not result in the new king saying hey now we wil honour the previous guy his debt,
    if it did you would have alot of bancrupt conquerors in those era

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Aaaaahhhhh....

I got everything I could have hoped for from the finale. Even Grey Worm is confirmed to dying if he really sailed to Naath.
    Was the butterfly thing even in the show? If it was, I’ll take some small comfort knowing that all of the Unsullied are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    The best thing about the final episode is all the imagery surrounding Daenarys+Dragon. Seriously.. every scene they were in this episode was stunning. Whether you loved or hated the episode is another matter, but damn did they get the imagery spot on.
    Honestly that’s what I loved about this season not the story. Not the dialog. But the fucking amazing score and shots just breathtaking and the set design!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think as Alt Shift X pointed out, Bran being King made sense because they just needed someone to sit in a throne while the others really ruled for him (Tyrion and gang). And Bran was unaffected by greed, disloyalty, sex/love, etc, so he kinda does make the perfect ruler.
    No.

He is unaffected by those things because he has no emotions anymore. Like he said himself, he doesn't really want anymore. He is emotionless.

This makes him a piss poor choice for king because it also means he doesn't truly care about his people or his kingdom. Nor is he going to inspire the people or his council.

He is only the "perfect ruler" inasmuch as he is a puppet to the real power in Westeros now. It also makes no sense that the lords would so easily vote for him...they don't know anything about the three eyed raven.

This ending was nonsense. Could it happen in the books? Absolutely. But the way it was done here was stupid. The journey is just as important as the destination, and in the show's case the journey has spoiled the destination.

Alright alright, aside from Bran, the 3ER (which we know little about) being King, just because he knows stories, the finale was really good

A bit too predictable, but again, this is it, and there won't be more of it.

Not a bittersweet ending, but a very sour one. But as this series taught us something, things shouldn't be black or white, sometimes sour is part of life too.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

This ending was nonsense. Could it happen in the books? Absolutely. But the way it was done here was stupid. The journey is just as important as the destination, and in the show's case the journey has spoiled the destination.
    The Bran in the books (dont know how he will change) really cares about people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Alright alright, aside from Bran, the 3ER (which we know little about) being King, just because he knows stories, the finale was really good

A bit too predictable, but again, this is it, and there won't be more of it.

Not a bittersweet ending, but a very sour one. But as this series taught us something, things shouldn't be black or white, sometimes sour is part of life too.
    The story was always about not being white or black but they turned the series into white or black to keep the audience.

Well if this is the general direction for the ending that George R.R. Martin intended, then I at least know now in case he never finishes the damn books.

That two hack writers, that are just desperate to get to work on their next project (star wars apparently, because all hacks go there these days), arived at this point via second hand story and character development is fitting I guess .

Edit: I was actually cheering on Drogon when he melted the ugly ass bar-stool. I could never stand the cringworthy thing. It tried way too hard to be "Metal".
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-05-20 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    He's also had visions of the future which you left out
    He also gave Arya the dagger that would kill the NK
    He also traveled to KL knowing he would become king.

Do you really know what he's capable of?
    Bran can't see the future. I don't know where you're getting that from. Why don't you explain why you think that?

Giving a dagger to someone isn't power. Wtf are you smoking? He knows that specific dagger is made out of something that can kill the dead. Because he saw it in the past.

Him saying that doesn't mean he actually saw it. He can't see the future.

He mentions it himself. That he "lives in the past."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    So I had very low expectations, and the episode generally managed to meet them. It provides enough closure to feel like it is over, even if it isn't satisfying or logical per se.

I think the better question is what HBO did to their plans for spin-offs. They clearly have plans for a much wider use of this IP, but with the widespread anger over this season, I am not sure how many people will be interested in watching more of it. I can see many or all of these spin-offs going over about as well as the Walking Dead spinnoffs, and for the same reason. Nobody wants Walking Dead spinoffs any more, and announcements are met with derision, because the main series didn't leave people wanting more. Quality drops in later seasons can drain any enthusiasm for the IP.

So ultimately, GoT set up a ton of opportunities for sequels, but it is less clear anyone wants to see them now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    The Bran in the books (dont know how he will change) really cares about people.
    We're not talking about the books, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    The only think about the finale of Dexter that I didn't like was that he survived. That's not an end to Dexter.

The ending to this was rushed and destroyed arcs for a lot of characters. They really needed more seasons and better writers.

Worging and looking into the past(the show hinted at his ability to alter the past, but that didn't play out at all).
    And he can see the future, as he said to Tyrion "I only came to King's Landing because I knew you were doing to make me king".
    At this point there is no reason to assume Bran isn't actually omniscient.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    God the ending is really just dumb.

Im glad it is over, because it really hurts seeing the GoT episodes. The entire core of GoT, the play of politics and family, the smart talking and interesting intrique....Its just gone.

Its like they have completely forgotten what GoT is all about.

Edit: The entire conversation between Jon and Tyrion near the end, where they talk about how they managed to agree on Jon going to the wall, why the hell did they not show the talks? Why did they not show people being smart, finding ways to make comprimise and actually do something interesting??
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2019-05-20 at 03:16 PM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Subverting Expectations, once again used by people that dont understand how you actually do it, so they just do it with the same grace a 13 years old child writting an essay would. My guess is RR martin book was also planned to subvert expectations, but actually doing it with his head? D&D being the fucking garbage tier level writter that somehow still find jobs after wolverine origin, did exactly how you would expect them to write something so important on their own, a SHIT JOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Yeah like what was the point
    They should have reversed it. Have Jon kill the night king and Arya kill Dany. Have Jon become king and then burn the throne at the advice of Sam and start a democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    The horse would have been slowed down, and he couldn't cross the wall, remember? He specifically told Bran that the magic keeping the Night King from crossing the wall kept him from crossing too. The wall didn't come down till much later chronologically. And he was right, he had no time to explain, the dead were hot on their tracks, his only goal was to get Jon out of there as quickly as possible.
    Yeah that's true I just wish things would be different so he could at least participate in the battle, I wanted to see more of Benjen, always liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    The Night King realize how shit the ending would be and tried to save the show by ending it sooner. Respect. F.
    Honestly I was really hoping through literally the entire episode for a hint that the undead threat is not over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    They should have reversed it. Have Jon kill the night king and Arya kill Dany. Have Jon become king and then burn the throne at the advice of Sam and start a democracy.
    I very much expected them to come with an actual reason against Sams proposal of democracy. Like, that every peasant would ofcourse vote for their lord and nothing would change.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And he can see the future, as he said to Tyrion "I only came to King's Landing because I knew you were doing to make me king".
    At this point there is no reason to assume Bran isn't actually omniscient.
    But that doesn't mean anything. I say shit like that all the time. There's zero hint that he can see the future. Even the "visions" of the "future"(dragon flying over a city) could have been the past, easily.

"Jon must know who his parents are"

Did he? Kinda weird that a bunch of characters who know of his parentage are present when deciding who should be king, but not a single one brings it up. And then Bran remarks that he knew he was going to be voted as king and accept it with no problem.

My headcanon now is Bran doesn't give 2 shits about anyone anymore and purposely informed Jon of his parentage, to cause problems for Daenerys which would lead Jon to killing her. He apparently saw it all happening, could have prevented the events that led to the burning of the city and smirks when telling Jon "You were where you were supposed to be" nonsense. He also said he couldn't be Lord of Winterfell a couple times, probably because he was waiting to be Lord of Westeros.

Bran is the real villain of the show and he won.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    We're not talking about the books, are we?
    Yeah, I would like to keep the discussion only about the series but even D&D introduce motivations that appear only in the books and are never talked or introduced in the series.