Page 1 of 3
LastLast

$500 bill at Japanese steakhouse in Warren, dine and dash

Another dine and dash in metro Detroit has left a Japanese steakhouse and bistro out more than $500 after a large group decided they weren't interested in paying for their food on Mother's Day. And make no mistake, this was no accident.

That's what a Warren police corporal said while assessing the surveillance footage of the group eating. The owner of the steakhouse agrees.

"They know they didn't pay," said manager Yukio Oki.

Oki runs the Sagano Japanese Steak House & Bistro, located on Dequindre Street. He said party came in around 8 p.m. and included three small kids and a baby. Despite the connotation of a "Dine and Dash," the video surveillance is anything but.

The group is casual about their exit, meandering around their seats as they begin to leave. As kids twirl around, a couple even hugs. The group had asked the $530 bill be split among five tabs. The waitress never had a chance to deliver those bills though as the family had already walked out.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...50LacSBbS-PiVA

A bit of good news is that an anonymous donor has paid the $530 bill on behalf of the family.

Do you have any dine and dash stories?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Had a $450 bill this weekend and even tho we never would, we discussed not paying it. The waiter was very rude and inattentive. We had 7 in our party and so a 18% gratuity was automatically added to the bill so I guess she assumed she didnt have to work extra hard for a tip. Got the wrong food and when asked to replace it she sighed and didnt apologize at all.

A few years ago I did my one and only dine and dash. At a pizza place / bar in Baltimore. Was midnight, waiter took our order and dropped food off and never returned in the next hour or so we were there. We wanted to pay but we cldnt find her and it was late so we left.

thievery is as human as shitting.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    A bit of good news is that an anonymous donor has paid the $530 bill on behalf of the family.

Do you have any dine and dash stories?
    Is it racist that I knew they were african americans before even opening the article and looking at the pic?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Is it racist that I knew they were african americans before even opening the article and looking at the pic?
    You didn't know, unless you'd already read the story. It's the assumption that makes you racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    You didn't know, unless you'd already read the story. It's the assumption that makes you racist.
    It wasn't even done maliciously, it's just like when I see a video of a driver doing an extremely dumb thing like accidentally putting car in reverse and backing up into a wall and I automatically know it's a woman driver, and 99% of the time it is.

It's just statistics.

You see a big rowdy family with unkempt children who have the gall to casually walk out without paying, statistically they are african americans.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Must be slow news day.

It wasn't even done maliciously, it's just like when I see a video of a driver doing an extremely dumb thing like accidentally putting car in reverse and backing up into a wall and I automatically know it's a woman driver, and 99% of the time it is.

It's just statistics.
    A racist and a sexist? You're an impressive man.

Yes. 10characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    A racist and a sexist? You're an impressive man.
    I guess all detectives are sexists and racists then because they employ the same methods to search for suspects.

Of course.(to the mentally ill on mmo-c) Naughty pattern recognition, making logical connections is raciss.

Besides it's in Detroit, who else could it have been?
    Working on my next ban.

I guess all detectives are sexists and racists then because they employ the same methods to search for suspects.
    That is by far the most amusing defense for bigotry I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    Looks like i'm racist as shit
    The first step is admitting it.

White people don't live in Detroit?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    White people don't live in Detroit?
    82.7% black. In the us, they are 12.6% . So in Detroit, black ppl are 6.56 times more concentrated.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    82.7% black. In the us, they are 12.6% . So in Detroit, black ppl are 6.56 times more concentrated.
    They aren't black people skipping out on a bill. They are people who skipped out on a bill that happened to be black. This is where I think people are tripping up and becoming stuck in this stockade of 'That's racist'-'NO IT'S NOT' and happens to be an argument they are fond of when it comes to police brutality. Why did you even bring this (race) up at all?

'Is it racist that before reading this article I assumed they were black?' Well now that you brought it up and thought you were clever in deducing the odds of it being black by the simple fact it was Detroit, then yeah, you kinda do give off the impression you are racist, because by bringing up "the blacks" you are strengthening many cruel stereotypes other black people who don't cheat like this have to endure constantly simply by being at a restaurant.

And, statistically speaking, how many black people didn't skip out on their check? Is it an epidemic going on in Detroit with black people stiffing other (statistically) black workers/business owners?

Race/skin color isn't a proven factor in this story in the article given, so why the fuck would you bring it up?

I mean good lord, there could be a mass cow-tipping incident in Texas, you really think I would be clever in nudging someone and going 'Heh, bet it's fuckin' WHITE PEOPLE'?

Don't sweat the folks here calling you racist, they are the first to gleefully declared white male in school shootings and think nothing of racism when doing so.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    They aren't black people skipping out on a bill. They are people who skipped out on a bill that happened to be black. This is where I think people are tripping up and becoming stuck in this stockade of 'That's racist'-'NO IT'S NOT' and happens to be an argument they are fond of when it comes to police brutality. Why did you even bring this (race) up at all?

'Is it racist that before reading this article I assumed they were black?' Well now that you brought it up and thought you were clever in deducing the odds of it being black by the simple fact it was Detroit, then yeah, you kinda do give off the impression you are racist, because by bringing up "the blacks" you are strengthening many cruel stereotypes other black people who don't cheat like this have to endure constantly simply by being at a restaurant.

And, statistically speaking, how many black people didn't skip out on their check? Is it an epidemic going on in Detroit with black people stiffing other (statistically) black workers/business owners?

Race/skin color isn't a proven factor in this story in the article given, so why the fuck would you bring it up?

I mean good lord, there could be a mass cow-tipping incident in Texas, you really think I would be clever in nudging someone and going 'Heh, bet it's fuckin' WHITE PEOPLE'?
    I never brought up race. Someone else did. I just posted some statistics to someone asking about white ppl in detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I never brought up race. Someone else did. I just posted some statistics to someone asking about white ppl in detroit.
    Well in fairness, I was being facetious with that question and wasn't really replying to you yourself, you just took me literally and I thought I'd expand my thoughts.

Wasn't an indictment of you in any sense.

No. Anyone who isn't a fool would know it based on the area and the crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I imagine most people don't instantly try to think of what colour skin the criminal probably has.
    You imagine wrong.