Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That would be a regression not progression.
    I'm not the one suggesting it, so maybe take that up with the person who appears to be doing so? /shrug

Yup, we're running out of stuff to talk about if we're going back to Siege.

See you guys in a few months, or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Literally all she had to do was port the Alliance out of the city and then destroy it with the focusing iris like she was going to before Kalec convinced her not to.
    yeah like it was that simple or possible, she could not teleport all the alliance in orgrimmar there, she didn't had the iris at that time, and its showed in alternate realities that even with orgrimmar drowned the horde would not end, but would fight even stronger cause they would be united.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah like it was that simple or possible, she could not teleport all the alliance in orgrimmar there, she didn't had the iris at that time, and its showed in alternate realities that even with orgrimmar drowned the horde would not end, but would fight even stronger cause they would be united.
    Yes, it was exactly that simple.

She could not teleport all the Alliance into the middle of an enemy occupied city
    Gee, I wonder why that'd be a bad idea? But no, I'm sure it's that she """"couldn't"""" despite her doing similar things multiple times before.

she didn't had the iris at that time
    She did. It was being held in Dalaran, which was under her direct control and aligned with the Alliance at that time.

even with orgrimmar drowned the horde would not end, but would fight even stronger cause they would be united.
    With what forces? They had just crippled their entire main army, lost many of the darkspear and tauren, would lose Sylvanas, the only serious threat the Forsaken have (beacuse the Val'kyr are tied to her existence). Please tell me how the Horde was going to provide any fight at all with every leader they have dead and no competent forces around?

She did. It was being held in Dalaran, which was under her direct control and aligned with the Alliance at that time.
    And was actually part of the attack on Orgrimmar, for that matter. Only reason it didn't fly around in the raid was that it tanked FPS.

And she could have channeled that spell while being 30m away from the Horde leaders & some troops?

Even if she had destroyed Orgrimmar from afar, like she planned after the destruction of Theramore, she would have branded herself a war criminal, even if it was revenge for another war crime. Even the Alliance would've denounced her then.

Surely, a large number of casualties is easy to achieve when magical superpowers are involved, but destroying an entire race or nation completely is a different feat, that requires a long and arduous campaign. You can't do that when your first shot is a cowardly sucker punch, after which even your allies abandon you.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-05-20 at 04:55 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And she could have channeled that spell while being 30m away from the Horde leaders & some troops?
    After freezing everybody like she did in Undercity? Sure. She basically did the same thing there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it was exactly that simple.
    waiting for some evidence.

Gee, I wonder why that'd be a bad idea? But no, I'm sure it's that she """"couldn't"""" despite her doing similar things multiple times before.
    she don't have the power to teleport that much people from orgrimmar to another place if you didn't notie,t here was more alliance troops besides the ones in Garrosh battle.
    bullshit, she did not, she would also had to telper to there, adn teleport back and try to do all the shit, nop

With what forces?
    the horde its not just orgrimmar, who is mostly occupied by civil

They had just crippled their entire main army, lost many of the darkspear and tauren, would lose Sylvanas, the only serious threat the Forsaken have (beacuse the Val'kyr are tied to her existence). Please tell me how the Horde was going to provide any fight at all with every leader they have dead and no competent forces around?
    because they would not be dead, you are dreaming too much.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be a regression not progression.
    Storywise there is no regression.
    It's like saying AU Guldan is regressive and having Azshara is regressive too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Storywise there is no regression.
    It's like saying AU Guldan is regressive and having Azshara is regressive too.
    That's not the same thing, it's going back to what things were faction wise in WCIII, people here are so obsessed with dividing the factions where it doesn't need to be...like at all. Completely different then using an more older villain more then once.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Um, thanks, yes I did play WC3 at the time it came out. Good information I guess?

Perhaps your unspoken implication is that they're going to reverse back into that position? What would that look like? Would the NEs and Forsaken each stand alone? Where the Alliance and Horde had a whole bunch of races? Or would they rope another race or three in?

I mean, NE + Worgen is a fairly natural pairing, but it's not going to happen whilst Genn lives - he's too loyal to Anduin. And I don't see anyone siding with the Forsaken.
    You get what I mean. Yes, if Genn dies, the next racial leader would think twice and perhaps in debt with NE.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not the same thing, it's going back to what things were faction wise in WCIII, people here are so obsessed with dividing the factions where it doesn't need to be...like at all. Completely different then using an more older villain more then once.
    Unfotunately there's no more Scourge. But a pro Black Empire faction.
    There are now two darkness aligned faction leader. One in the Horde and one in the Alliance.
    So it's quite a different set if ever they decide to split both factions further into 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfotunately there's no more Scourge. But a pro Black Empire faction.
    There are now two darkness aligned faction leader. One in the Horde and one in the Alliance.
    So it's quite a different set if ever they decide to split both factions further into 2.
    The Scourge is still around, just not WCIII levels of relevance. Tyrande isn't necessarily dark aligned but if theories are true, that is her eventual path.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Scourge is still around, just not WCIII levels of relevance. Tyrande isn't necessarily dark aligned but if theories are true, that is her eventual path.
    If you mean the End Time theory it's pants on head retarded. The whole point of the End Time is that Tyrande was abandoned and fell to darkness, the Night Warrior is literally the exact opposite, she is literally infused with Elune's own essence.

I hate the End Time thing so much. It's just the dumb "N'zoth is in the Maelstrom, look there's swirls and also stars!!!" shit all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how exactly is Nazjatar different to something like Argus? There were supposed to be gameplay improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So how exactly is Nazjatar different to something like Argus? There were supposed to be gameplay improvements.
    Bodyguards, different Azshara buffs on rare mobs, wPvP incentive, just off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Bodyguards, different Azshara buffs on rare mobs, wPvP incentive, just off the top of my head.
    They sold us a lot more than just that. I was hoping for at least more dynamic events like Rift and random invasions that take over towns. Like Naga Periodically attack a town and you have to stop them and kill their leader for some currency/blue gear.

They sold us a lot more than just that..
    Not really, but okay.

They sold us a lot more than just that. I was hoping for at least more dynamic events like Rift and random invasions that take over towns. Like Naga Periodically attack a town and you have to stop them and kill their leader for some currency/blue gear.
    I've noticed alot of unexpected random objectives popping up on the map, on one moment 5 mini-bosses spawn up in the map, and another a non-wq objective popped up in the middle of Nazjatar about stopping a ritual, and if you approached it you got the scenario UI with stages and stuff.

Edit: More things I've noticed is that only the 'actual' rares have the star-marker on them, the wq bosses don't. They're also repeatable afaik, I've killed the same named-rare more than once in the same day. They also give around 50 rep per kill.
    Last edited by Gurahk; 2019-05-21 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    They're also repeatable afaik, I've killed the same named-rare more than once in the same day. They also give around 50 rep per kill.
    Is it like that for Rustbolt too?

Can you go into detail on how much rep per day we're looking at from Rustbolt and Nazjatar? Which one will be the bottleneck for Pathfinder? Assumed it was Rustbolt but maybe there's something grindable for rep. Broken Shore was about 3 weeks I think?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Edit: More things I've noticed is that only the 'actual' rares have the star-marker on them, the wq bosses don't. They're also repeatable afaik, I've killed the same named-rare more than once in the same day. They also give around 50 rep per kill.
    Oh wow! May be something wrong with me but I am honestly excited to return to at least the option of farming rep, as opposed to waiting on Emissaries or limited WQs per day.