Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    A bit of good news is that an anonymous donor has paid the $530 bill on behalf of the family.

Do you have any dine and dash stories?
    Kim, there's people that are dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Is it racist that I knew they were african americans before even opening the article and looking at the pic?
    Yes, and don't worry, everyone already knew you are one.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Something seems off about this. Who asks to split the bill only to have everyone dine and dash?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    So are you unperceptive or pretending? If "family" "dine and dash" and "detroit" didn't tip you off immediately you're just stupid.
    Warren is not Detroit....that's another city and the population is like predominately caucasian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Yes, and don't worry, everyone already knew you are one.
    Sweet! I'm MMO-Champ famous!

I FINALLY MADE IT, MOM!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I dined and dash before when i was hanging out with some friends in college, we were drunk and hungry so we stopped at this small diner that was busy as hell so in our drunk stupidity we came up with this dumb game of rock, paper, scissors the winners left out thru a bathroom window while the last two would either pay the bill of like $60 or just run.....I ran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post

Can I getz your autograph!!!
    Sure, that'll be $5.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You see a big rowdy family with unkempt children who have the gall to casually walk out without paying, statistically they are african americans.
    Maybe in Detroit, I don't live there or know their population makeup. I do know I spent 10 years in the restaurant business. I can say from experience that most of our dine and dash people were young white people and gypsies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Something seems off about this. Who asks to split the bill only to have everyone dine and dash?
    Lots of people. It's a common practice, actually. Splitting the bill takes time. Time that the waiter is guaranteed to be in the back, NOT watching what you do. At the restaurant I worked at, if a large group wanted a check split multiple ways, it was recommended that the person doing the splitting ask another waiter to keep an eye on the table to make sure they don't leave in the meantime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    That's because you are European. Most American's wouldn't even know how to identify a gypsy, let alone discriminate against them.
    I've never been out of the US brother, not sure how the fuck you determined I'm European. Every fucking person I know knows how to identify gypsies, they are common around here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I've never been out of the US brother, not sure how the fuck you determined I'm European. Every fucking person I know knows how to identify gypsies, they are common around here.
    Let me guess, is your secret looking at their skin colour?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Lots of people. It's a common practice, actually. Splitting the bill takes time. Time that the waiter is guaranteed to be in the back, NOT watching what you do. At the restaurant I worked at, if a large group wanted a check split multiple ways, it was recommended that the person doing the splitting ask another waiter to keep an eye on the table to make sure they don't leave in the meantime.

- - - Updated - - -
    I guess maybe that's more American. I've even had bills come (as one bill) as Guest 1, 2 etc. Hell, I've even had them come split and together!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Let me guess, is your secret looking at their skin colour?
    Nope. It's a combination of dress, accent, facial features, and behavior. Skin color they're usually white unless they are marrying an outsider into the tribe.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah im pretty 'merican and i couldn't tell you what a gypsy look alike unless you talking about some gal with funny looking cards and a crystal ball...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    o.O really? Sorry for my assumption. Where do you live?
    Texas. There's a city nearby named "White Settlement"(like I said, Texas) which has a very large gypsy population(I believe their preferred term is "traveller"). They spend winters down here, then go north when it gets hot in the summer.

I think I should clarify, the gypies I am referring to are the Irish variety, not the Romani variety.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2019-05-20 at 04:44 PM.

Not a day w/o nigg....(AfRO mUrIcAnZ) commiting a crime, legit yday i read when someone who obviously just happened to be black Kappa, kidnapped a child girl right from her mother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It's a combination of dress, accent, facial features, and behavior. Skin color they're usually white unless they are marrying an outsider into the tribe.
    Yes, thank you for your anthropology hot take.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is here? I don't have a clue as to how to identify a gypsy, unless its like a stereotype from Disneys Hunchback movie...

10+ Year Old Account
    Restaurants will eventually start asking for a card up front.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yes, thank you for your anthropology hot take.
    Nothing "hot take" about it, it's stating facts.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers

Lets get the subject back on track before this gets closed.

In the 70s I used to work as a dishwasher/busboy in a mid tier steak house. About once every couple of months you would see someone leave the building while the rest of their party stayed, a few minutes later we would get an anonymous phone call threatening a bomb at our restaurant. Naturally we would evacuate and wait for the police. Every time it would be a hoax, that party would flee and the police would confirm the call came from a nearby payphone. It was always a different group of people.

We had other people who would dine and dash, often it was the rudest most obnoxious groups. We would often have one of our staff take a cigarette break and go outside when a group like that was finishing up and write down and write down the license plates of the cars those groups would get into. When the person came back in they would ask if the group paid, if so it would get thrown away, if not police would be contacted. The regular police wouldn't do anything despite having license plates, but this was fairly near a military base and should those plates belong to any soldiers we would get our money back and people would go to prison.