Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think there should be 5 specs. Honestly the healing spec could easily be a blend of both red and green, kinda like how disc is a blend if light and void. Hell both alex and ysera were granted their powers by the same titan.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-05-20 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I don't think there should be 5 specs. Honestly the healing spec could easily be a blend of both red and green. Hell both alex and ysera were granted their powers by the same titan.
    But then it would lose it's flavour. The colour scheme and aspect references would be broken. Moreover, after demon hunter we deserve a big class.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Unfuckable? LoL!

While I like this concept, and I enjoyed writing it up, It's pretty clear that the Tinker is the better class concept overall.

That said, if Blizzard did do this concept in this manner, I wouldn't mind at all.
    Na, mate, totally unfuckable, mate! Make this concept better and overcome your Tinker fever. Dragonsworn are the future, respect from the underground.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    I definitely agree with you on that point Teriz. The only way I see Necro and DR being playable is if they’re rolled into once class since there is some overlap or added as 4th specs to other classes. I’d be fine with either. I think Tinker has enough to make a solid class.

I do, however, truly enjoy the idea of a dragon themed class. The lore behind the dragons is so deep and they haven’t been done real justice in the game

- - - Updated - - -

The Trooper would work well as a Tinker heal spec with a gun and drones. I’ve always thought a gunslinger would be fun is that what you mean by pistoleer? Like a dw medium to short range spec?

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t agree with Teriz on some of his Tinker ideas but I don’t think it isn’t “unfuckable”.

That said Dragonsworn released with a drakonid/dragonkin/dragonman race a la monk/pandaren could be really cool

- - - Updated - - -

Would you put yout dick between the cogs? I wouldn't!
    I really like that you pulled the old balance Druid bar for the Dreamweaver. That was a cool idea they abandoned after an expansion or two

That said Dragonsworn released with a drakonid/dragonkin/dragonman race a la monk/pandaren could be really cool
    I think they could work like DHs and DKs: you select the class, and it opens special customization for the character (horns, scaly skin, extra hair/eye color, etc) and make the drakonid as a 2nd form like the Worgen
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2019-05-20 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    But then it would lose it's flavour. The colour scheme and aspect references would be broken. Moreover, after demon hunter we deserve a big class.
    But based on the OP the whole point is that they're a chromatic dragon meaning they take powers from all the flights. It wouldn't be farfetched to have 1 spec focus on whats argubly two similar flights in terms of powers. I mean both alex and ysera were granted strength by the same titan.

If anything all specs should utilize abilties of all the flights while simultaneously representing one with heals representing 2.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-05-20 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I love you op for adding green spec.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I think they could work like DHs and DKs: you select the class, and it opens special customization for the character (horns, scaly skin, extra hair/eye color, etc)
    I agree but that was in response to someone who said give them a Drakonid. I think horns and special hair color, hair style, eye color would be in line for the Dragonsworn. My only limit would be on which races could be Dragonsworn. Maybe only those native to Azeroth and none that are “cursed”(undead and worgen)

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragonkin / Dragonsworn make way more sense to do as Allied Races, to me. Just take a few of the existing races, slap draconic features onto them, and give them a racial flight form and some other dragon themed racial abilities.

Wrathion, Kalecgos, and Merithra join the Alliance. Throw in Wildhammer dwarves to round it out.

Ebyssian and Dragonmaw orcs join the Horde, and... not sure what else.

For the red dragons, I feel like there's a lot of room to explore the unique type of undead that Alexstrasza turned Bovlar into, and with the valkyr possibly all gone, maybe the Forsaken need a new source to replenish their numbers, and that could also tie into Bolvar sending the Deathlord into the Ruby Dragonshrine to raise their mount. If Sylvanas makes it out of BFA, hell, tie her into it too. She and Alexstrasza already use the same base character model.

Bronze dragons are another one that's up in the air. Maybe give bronze to alliance with Chromie, and I don't know. Bring Kairoz back and have him join the Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like that you pulled the old balance Druid bar for the Dreamweaver. That was a cool idea they abandoned after an expansion or two
    Thanks! I was wavering on whether to include that or not since it came out of the Druid class, but I really couldn't figure out a better way to incorporate the Nightmare and the Dream into a spec. I like the way it turned out.

I agree but that was in response to someone who said give them a Drakonid. I think horns and special hair color, hair style, eye color would be in line for the Dragonsworn. My only limit would be on which races could be Dragonsworn. Maybe only those native to Azeroth and none that are “cursed”(undead and worgen)
    I would also limit it to non-allied races, or maybe add Kul-Tiran and Zandalari

Horde: Blood Elf, Goblin, Tauren, Troll
    Alliance: Dwarf, Gnome, Human, Night Elf

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there should be 5 specs. Honestly the healing spec could easily be a blend of both red and green, kinda like how disc is a blend if light and void. Hell both alex and ysera were granted their powers by the same titan.
    Initially, the Red Dragon concept was a mixture of Red and Green, especially given Alexstraza's treatment in HotS.

That said, if you're going to do a dragon class based on the aspects, I don't see how you avoid doing all 5 if you want to avoid people complaining.

Initially, the Red Dragon concept was a mixture of Red and Green, especially given Alexstraza's treatment in HotS.

That said, if you're going to do a dragon class based on the aspects, I don't see how you avoid doing all 5 if you want to avoid people complaining.
    Making it color agnostic? Almost all colors can do any role. Make it so abilities are sufficiently broad and generic through flights to work, and/or they change color/graphics with the skin color.

For example, make a breath attack that is always fire dmg but change to red /blue/green/sandy/purple. Make a healing ring (ala HotS Alex) but make it sandy/leafy/flamy.

Well fuck those people you can't nake everyone happy. Even with an awesome concept like this you'll always have those who wont like it.

5 specs is too much. I know Dragonsworn seems like it can be a big class but that's only cuz there's many possibilities.

Like you said these are chromatic drakes, it only makes sense to be able to use multiple flight abilities. Mixing two "life/nature" flights into one spec won't throw the fantasy off.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-05-20 at 07:06 PM.

I'd prefer if the colors were less segregated and more integrated as in each spec. The Wrath DK using all rune colors is the prime example of how it'd work, so you have a bunch of spells managed by resource and you tap into particular colors to access abilities. It doesnt mean you have to cycle spells, but it could be a sort of colored combo system, like Rogue combo points but with color association.

So for example, you have generators and spenders. Generators make a combo point, spenders spend it. Some spells grant a colored combo point, and some spenders might get augmented by specific colors.

Lets say you cast a bunch of Green heals and gain 4 green points, now if you use Flame Buffet ability, it also has a poison effect to it.

Or maybe we have a Heal over Time spender. Different colors augments the stats.

- Green increases healing duration, great for tanks or sustained heal
    - Blue creates a shield upon cast, 20% of heal per point
    - Bronze ticks faster like adding haste to it, full pts makes it instant heal
    - Red provides Lifesteal to target over HoT duration
    - Black provides armor multiplier

10+ Year Old Account
    Making it color agnostic? Almost all colors can do any role. Make it so abilities are sufficiently broad and generic through flights to work, and/or they change color/graphics with the skin color.

For example, make a breath attack that is always fire dmg but change to red /blue/green/sandy/purple. Make a healing ring (ala HotS Alex) but make it sandy/leafy/flamy.
    Well fuck those people you can't nake everyone happy. Even with an awesome concept like this you'll always have those who wont like it.

5 specs is too much. I know Dragonsworn seems like it can be a big class but that's only cuz there's many possibilities.

Like you said these are chromatic drakes, it only makes sense to be able to use multiple flight abilities. Mixing two "life/nature" flights into one spec won't throw the fantasy off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'd prefer if the colors were less segregated and more integrated as in each spec. The Wrath DK using all rune colors is the prime example of how it'd work, so you have a bunch of spells managed by resource and you tap into particular colors to access abilities. It doesnt mean you have to cycle spells, but it could be a sort of colored combo system, like Rogue combo points but with color association.
    I see all your points. My general goal with this concept was to create a class that would give you the fantasy of being a dragon and part of one of the Dragonflights so that the player can indulge in the fantasy of being a follower of Alexstraza or Wrathion, or Kalecgos. I think mixing the flights within specs kind of dilutes that fantasy a bit. Some people want to be all in with the Red Dragonflight, while others would probably enjoy indulging in the lore of the Green Dragonflight by being a "pure" Green dragon. When you have a generic dragon spec that can dip into all the different aspects, some of that flavor gets lost imo.

While I definitely don't think Blizzard would ever do a 5-spec class, if they did something like this, I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.

I see all your points. My general goal with this concept was to create a class that would give you the fantasy of being a dragon and part of one of the Dragonflights so that the player can indulge in the fantasy of being a follower of Alexstraza or Wrathion, or Kalecgos. I think mixing the flights within specs kind of dilutes that fantasy a bit. Some people want to be all in with the Red Dragonflight, while others would probably enjoy indulging in the lore of the Green Dragonflight by being a "pure" Green dragon. When you have a generic dragon spec that can dip into all the different aspects, some of that flavor gets lost imo.

While I definitely don't think Blizzard would ever do a 5-spec class, if they did something like this, I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.
    But based on your concept these are chromatic drakes and based on lore these drakes use all the flights' abilities. Its fine if a spec focuses more on one flight depending on the combat role, ie tanks focusing more on black dragons. But the MAIN fantasy of a dragonsworn would be to utilize all draconic abilities period. Like how all shamans use all 4 elements one way or another.

I think trying to fulfill fantasies that follow one dragon flight would needlessly stretch out the class imo. Such as 5 spec just cuz some nerds think ysera is hotter than alex.

Also you could achieve those fantasies through glyphs.
    Your dragon form changes to a specific color from their chromatic form depending on glyph.

Glyph of ruby scales
    Glyph of obsidian
    Glyph of sapphire
    Glyph of amber
    Glyph of emerald

Make dragonsworn the elite champions of ALL dragons, champions of the renewed wyrmrest accord.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-05-20 at 09:27 PM.

Ok I like this and would be my new tank in a second.

I would also limit it to non-allied races, or maybe add Kul-Tiran and Zandalari

Horde: Blood Elf, Goblin, Tauren, Troll
    Alliance: Dwarf, Gnome, Human, Night Elf
    I’d also add Dark Iron and High Mountain

Horde: Tauren, Troll, Belf, Goblin, HM Tauren, Zandalari
    Alliance: Human, Nelf, Dwarf, Gnome, Dark Iron, KT Human

Too physically close to Dwarves and Tauren. Also, I had the impression that the dragonflights didn't like the DID because their relation with Ragnaros.

10+ Year Old Account
    But based on your concept these are chromatic drakes and based on lore these drakes use all the flights' abilities. Its fine if a spec focuses more on one flight depending on the combat role, ie tanks focusing more on black dragons. But the MAIN fantasy of a dragonsworn would be to utilize all draconic abilities period. Like how all shamans use all 4 elements one way or another.

I think trying to fulfill fantasies that follow one dragon flight would needlessly stretch out the class imo. Such as 5 spec just cuz some nerds think ysera is hotter than alex.

Also you could achieve those fantasies through glyphs.
    Your dragon form changes to a specific color from their chromatic form depending on glyph.

Glyph of ruby scales
    Glyph of obsidian
    Glyph of sapphire
    Glyph of amber
    Glyph of emerald

Make dragonsworn the elite champions of ALL dragons, champions of the renewed wyrmrest accord.
    But don't you think that is lacking identity? For example how would a tanking spec define itself as being different from other tanking specializations? In my concept the Black Dragonflight's influence makes the tanking firey and volcanic like the Dragonflight itself. How would that level of distinction emerge in a class that mixes and matches different flights?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd make it all races except Forsaken and Worgen. I think if you have the ability to disguise yourself as any race on a basic level, you should have your pick. Obviously you'd have to grind out the ARs before you can choose one.