Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, I wonder what happens when Bronn decides Highgarden isn't enough. Who is gonna be more inspiring to get people to fight for him? The robotic crippled kid of a major Lord who literally was handed the throne, or the "common man" who through cunning and skill became the Lord of the Reach?

Even if it isn't Bronn, any Lord with a reasonable army could potentially challenge him.

I don't see how Bran's hold on the throne is in any way solid.
    I don’t think anyone can challenge Bran. He will go on to be absolute and unbeatable due to him being a Demi-deity.

I mean, I wonder what happens when Bronn decides Highgarden isn't enough. Who is gonna be more inspiring to get people to fight for him? The robotic crippled kid of a major Lord who literally was handed the throne, or the "common man" who through cunning and skill became the Lord of the Reach?

Even if it isn't Bronn, any Lord with a reasonable army could potentially challenge him.

I don't see how Bran's hold on the throne is in any way solid.
    He'll warg into Dhrogon and semi-dany anyone who opposes him, of course.

People trying to justify the show's shitty final season makes me laugh.

Putting a lipstick on a pig.

It was the worst fucking season of GoT ever. So bad that it actually damaged the series.

Bran being the king makes sense, I won't lie. He is the perfect choice.

The build up to that point was horrible and deserves the flagellation that it has received.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'm really loving all of the people who were digging in to defend S8E3 now come around to the fact that the show's gone off the rails. It's been there since S5, but better late than never, I guess.
    Season 5 is still decent enough if you excise/skip the Dorne arc, IMO. Hardhome in particular is easily in the show's top 3 episodes.

Season 6 is where it started going off the rails with all the teleporting Littlefingers, nonsensical Battle of the Bastards, Jon being named KITN and all that jazz. Season 7 began the true shark jumping with the absolutely retarded plan to go beyond the Wall and grab a Wight, and of course while Season 8 started calmly enough and had a good second episode, the battle of Winterfell is when it became crystal clear the writers no longer gave one iota of a fuck anymore.

But really the point where the show's writing really started to suffer is quite clear; it's when they could no longer fall back to Martin's books, or to his worse books at least.

Can you believe we spent 2 episodes at the beginning of this season just doing jack shit in Winterfell? Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I found it odd the first things they were talking about, Rebuilding and brothers but no mention of the hundreds of thousands of dead Kings landing citizens . The city was just depleted by over half, if not more of its people. How many would want to stay there after that? The city would be considered cursed. And how many in Westeros would accept a crippled kid whom to anyone on the outside appears to be a fucking nut?
    Despite all the words through the first 5 episodes, the actions of the characters belie the writers opinions of 'normal people'; they aren't important, they don't care. It's why when Sam proposes a proto-democracy he is literally laughed into submission with the general populace being compared to dogs/horses.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of it, I'm inclined to think it's just a 'this is fantasy therefore it's about rich important people in shiny metal suits' thingor if they are trying to make a point, maybe aimed at their audience? I'm inclined to go with the former just because the later would have required a level of thought I don't think is present elsewhere.

after giving it some though i would like to divide this episode into 2 part .

first part up to deaths of Dany - this was good cinema - expected but good.

after her death its one WTF .

the only way the ending makes sense if indeed 3 eyed raven took over Bran and played everyone .

wouldnt be surprised if this is the ending Martin intends but D&D completly fucked it with making this 6 episodes instead at least 2 seasons where s8 would be battle with night king and s9 would be dany slowly descending into madness and Bran playing people from shadows

I enjoyed the ending. Happy with where the characters landed. Like so many people, I agree that it needed more time to properly develop the journey, not just more episodes this season and last, but maybe another season. However I still felt fairly satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Anyone notice Davos became the Master of Grammar after first starting the series without even knowing how to read? Now that's what I call a character arc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevrex View Post
    Well, that was erm, something.

I didn't recognize daenerys in this episode. She was a completely different person. Her death was obvious and confusing as well... Why did they turn her into hitler in these 2 episodes?
    As for Jamie and Cersei, welp. They had such a long journey with ups and downs. Here, die to some bricks.

Pretty bummed about Jon as well. The best character and person, just keeps getting screwed.

Anyway...At least Bronn got his payment finally.

Edit: Almost forgot, Sansa is going to be a bad/evil queen.
    I bet Sansa would marry gendry, he is naive

Can you believe we spent 2 episodes at the beginning of this season just doing jack shit in Winterfell? Man.
    Yeah, the season started REALLY slow. Then came the battle against the whitewalkers, which gave us a lot of action, but at the end of the day what GoT does best is, well, the game of thrones. Battle of Winterfell didn't really capture what the series was about, but was more like a side-story that had to be wrapped up, and they wrapped it up in one episode. Some people claimed it should have gone on a bit longer.

Then one episode which was more GoT-like. Then the Mad Queen episode where Daenerys goes out of character to justify killing her in the last episode. Then the season/series finale where Daenerys died which was just a big mehhhh. This whole season only had 1 or 2 good episodes, and certainly the finale was not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Uhh...based on what? The NK was going to obliterate the living. So far all we know about Bran's leadership is that he granted the North independence and that he hasn't gone on a tyrannical conquest spree like Dany did. Dany's actions were in full swing before Bran morphed into the three-eyed raven.
    according to D&D - what if his real goal was always from begining 3 eyed raven nothing else.

ye ye i know tinfoil hat

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Anyone notice Davos became the Master of Grammar after first starting the series without even knowing how to read? Now that's what I call a character arc.
    Good point. I am going to remove a bad writing point from the episode, because thinking about it, Davos really had the best arc throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    still better ending then 8x06

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Uhh...based on what? The NK was going to obliterate the living. So far all we know about Bran's leadership is that he granted the North independence and that he hasn't gone on a tyrannical conquest spree like Dany did. Dany's actions were in full swing before Bran morphed into the three-eyed raven.
    Almsot everything known about the NK came from either Bran, the Child of the forest they dealt with and the last 3 eyed raven. So some of those sources could be biased or lying about the NK. Its seems strange that the NK was so focused on Bran when technichally all he could do was worg in a few animals or a person asnd give vague prophecy. Not to mention that You can make a rgument that Bran might not even be Bran any more, but the Old 3 eyed raven who could have swapped bodies or put his life into Brans. This is the problem with the shit story they slapped on and making the NK out to be a much bigger threat then he was. Because teh way it all played out and was written, It appears the Starks siezed all the power and orchestrated all this to wield that power. Arya is some kind of Faceless master assassin, death god priestess. Bran now rules Westeros, and his sister Rules the north. Everyone that was a threat to Bran and Sansa are now gone , their armies scattered or under his banner .

If the NK had really wanted to wipe out all men , He went about it in a very bad and illogical fashion . Seeing the destructive power of Drogon, His undead Dragon could have easily reduced Winterfell and Danys armies into a puddle of goo.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Seriously?

The Night King doesn't even exist in the books. It was a tv show creation.... so thanks for that, i guess?
    Jesus fuck people. i replied to someone who said that the NK isn't even a relevant character, to which my response was that this might be the case in the books. I quite literally followed it immediately by saying that he was presented as the most biggestest and baddestes villain ever in the show.

I mean this was an average series since 4th season, but the ending pretty much gave me cancer. What a terrible writing. I really hope that Martin is not behind it.

A fucking cripple in Iron Throne? North is left alone as it was a democracy, while the rest is preeetty okay with bending the knee? A fucking cut-throat as Master of Coin and Lord of Highgarden?

Give me a break.

What the fuck did I just watch?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2019-05-20 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    according to D&D - what if his real goal was always from begining 3 eyed raven nothing else.

ye ye i know tinfoil hat
    I mean a Tyrant that is the keeper of all of humanities history and secrets.....who could quite possibly have other Magic . If he knows the secrets of Old Valyeria and the making of the steel, raising and training Dragons etc etc . Who would stop him. In his way he would be a much worse threat . At any point Bran could have spoke up and said look guys, This and this and this is going to happen unless we stop Dany. He could have Worged into her and stopped it or shown her her future , could have caused Drogon to nose dive into the ground. In the End, Bran makes all the other tyrants look weak. I mean he mind fucked Hodor really well
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2019-05-20 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I'm waiting for the "Bran can warg into his penis" posts
    Bran: "Will I ever walk again?"

3ER: "No, but you will flop around!"

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Yeah, the season started REALLY slow. Then came the battle against the whitewalkers, which gave us a lot of action, but at the end of the day what GoT does best is, well, the game of thrones. Battle of Winterfell didn't really capture what the series was about, but was more like a side-story that had to be wrapped up, and they wrapped it up in one episode. Some people claimed it should have gone on a bit longer.

Then one episode which was more GoT-like. Then the Mad Queen episode where Daenerys goes out of character to justify killing her in the last episode. Then the season/series finale where Daenerys died which was just a big mehhhh. This whole season only had 1 or 2 good episodes, and certainly the finale was not one of them.
    The story ion the show all through the series was that the Night king was the threat to all of man and that the game of thrones was pointless in the face of this unstoppable enemy. The entire world was at stake they said. But the writers through all that shit away .