Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What coffee bean brand and style do you like best?

Me personally I like to get my coffee bean at a store in Fairfield, OH called Jungle Jims. Or I goto a local shop that roasts their own beans. I prefer not to buy coffee from big grocery stores. I usually buy a french roast. Jungle Jim's is a large local grocery store based on it's actual size but they sell so many different coffee types. They have their own brand and then they have coffee from pretty much all over the world.

https://junglejims.com/market/coffee-bar/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I just grab whatever from the supermarket. I don't care for the brand, as long as it tastes good.

In my younger days i was a barista at starbucks and they made me do this stupid "journey around the world jurnal" where i would taste all their coffee and write about it...i think they wanted me to say good things but all i learned was that i hated coffee and think it all taste like dirt. Of course i also learned the proper term isn't dirt, its earthy....so yeah, if i'm going to drink coffee its for the caffeine. As little as possible as fast as possible, so quad ice espresso in a small cup please.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I like my coffee strong. This has been my favorite for a long time now. When you open the bag, it has such a deep, earthy aroma that I could just leave it open and smell it all day as an air freshener, haha! The taste is definitely not something you'd expect from "the world's strongest coffee", it's surprisingly really good and you could even stand multiple cups if you wanted more.
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

I am really into good coffee, I highly recommend the online retailer Smokin' Beans coffee co. Best value I have found local or online! It is roasted to order at your specified tempature and they have a great selection of single origin coffee. I know this sounds like an ad but I'm not affiliated with them, just love it. Currently most into Sumatra, Guatemala, and Yirgacheffe all @ 382f which for me is the best roasting temp to bring out the flavor without tasting burnt, as I only drink it straight black.

I buy from a local roaster. They source directly from growers, fair trade and all that rot. I usually go with a medium roast, and use a French press. I think medium is the best balance between maintaining the taste of the coffee and maintaining the caffeine content.

10+ Year Old Account
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

5+ Year Old Account
    Food Lion brand Breakfast Blend K-Cups.

I have an incredibly refined and distinguished coffee palate, as you can tell.
    Last edited by Reaper0329; 2019-05-20 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I just grab whatever from the supermarket. I don't care for the brand, as long as it tastes good.
    Damn, I’m the same - as long as it’s good IDGAF fam

I love Sumatra the most. I dont really care what brand. I make espresso and drink it black.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    In my younger days i was a barista at starbucks and they made me do this stupid "journey around the world jurnal" where i would taste all their coffee and write about it...i think they wanted me to say good things but all i learned was that i hated coffee and think it all taste like dirt. Of course i also learned the proper term isn't dirt, its earthy....so yeah, if i'm going to drink coffee its for the caffeine. As little as possible as fast as possible, so quad ice espresso in a small cup please.
    I've got a bag of Starbucks Coffee beans here though and it tastes like the burnt remains of some Egyptian pharaoh, they are probably the worst tasting beans I've ever bought, Aldi's cheap as fuck beans taste better.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I've got a bag of Starbucks Coffee beans here though and it tastes like the burnt remains of some Egyptian pharaoh, they are probably the worst tasting beans I've ever bought, Aldi's cheap as fuck beans taste better.
    I don't care for starbucks and only drink it when there's no other options. Though most of the time I would rather goto speedway or micky mart instead of starbucks. The only time i really ever drank starbucks was when I was working on my associates degree. A girl in my algebra class was working at a starbucks and they're supposed to grind beans fresh like every 2 hours or something. Well they didn't do it as much as they were supposed to so they ground up a bunch before closing and she gave me a 2 pound bag of starbucks breakfast blend. I wasn't going to say no to free coffee.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I don't care for starbucks and only drink it when there's no other options. Though most of the time I would rather goto speedway or micky mart instead of starbucks. The only time i really ever drank starbucks was when I was working on my associates degree. A girl in my algebra class was working at a starbucks and they're supposed to grind beans fresh like every 2 hours or something. Well they didn't do it as much as they were supposed to so they ground up a bunch before closing and she gave me a 2 pound bag of starbucks breakfast blend. I wasn't going to say no to free coffee.
    I've had coffee from Starbucks a couple of times, but not often. The bag I have here is their Espresso beans, which is just dire and almost undrinkable. I wouldn't say no to free coffee beans either, I don't usually drink with milk but I can make a latte or cappuccino with bad tasting beans and it's decent, but when drinking it black it has to be made with nice tasting beans.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I've had coffee from Starbucks a couple of times, but not often. The bag I have here is their Espresso beans, which is just dire and almost undrinkable. I wouldn't say no to free coffee beans either, I don't usually drink with milk but I can make a latte or cappuccino with bad tasting beans and it's decent, but when drinking it black it has to be made with nice tasting beans.
    I usually use french vanilla or mocha creamer with my coffee as well.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Tea. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Usually whatever is the darkest, raunchiest, most bitter coffee I can get my hands on. It's hard to find good stuff now that i have to drink de-caf.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caribou Coffee best there is if I’ll have some.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Caribou Coffee best there is if I’ll have some.
    Colombian. I buy whichever is the cheapest at Walmart which is that type. Usually it is Maxwell House name brand. But Colombian coffee has a rich and unique taste that I prefer.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams