Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Forsaken/Worgen are missing Allied Races...

Forsaken is an easy one, because it's most likely Calia-related and linked to her resurrection and new form of Forsaken-ness (Lightforged Undead). She's being postponed in-game like the Mechagnomes were.

Worgen is the one that's strange. It's unlikely to be Kaldorei Worgen because we already have a Night Elf AR (Nightborne), so what will the Worgen one be?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Undead Worgen? Or maybe Sauroks or some other creature that's not really "Worgen" but has the same body type.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Undead Worgen? Or maybe Sauroks or some other creature that's not really "Worgen" but has the same body type.
    I thought Ankoan were going to use the Worgen rig, but nope. It may be like Vulpera you're right.

Saurok, Dragonmen, White Worgen that look like the OG model are all possible.

Maybe those cool cat people from WoD :3

If the Lightforged Undead are the AR for Forsaken would another AR become the Void Elf equivalent for the Horde? ie So each side would have a Light/Void race?

Undead vs. Worgen 2.0: Lightbound Undead for Alliance and Saberon for the Horde?

You are also missing the Pandaria pair as well.
    Probably Ankoan (Jinyu 2.0) for Alliance and Mogu for the Horde.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    If the Lightforged Undead are the AR for Forsaken would another AR become the Void Elf equivalent for the Horde? ie So each side would have a Light/Void race?
    Blood Elves are basically a Light-race, just not hardcore. The golden glowy eyes they got are enough to prove that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Besides the dreaded light-undead... I can't think of anything.

Which worries me
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Saberon were set up with the Mag'har, Dragonmen are set up by all the Dragon stuff and Wrathion (afaik all the Cata Dragonmen worked with Neltharion) teasing in particular.

If the AR isn't actually a Worgen I think it's one of them.

I don't really see Lightbound Undead as being an Allied Race. Right now, there is only one representative (Callia) and that took the combined forces of Anduin, Velen and a Naaru IIRC.

Jaina's brother and I believe a mage are also Undead that aren't affiliated with the Horde, but even then, that's only 3 people and a process would have to be worked out for creating more Lightforged Undead. What would that process be? I doubt Anduin would want to mass resurrect Alliance troops, even for the Alliance. Even if it was possible to convert Forsaken to Lightforged, most Alliance would still prefer to outright kill them.

I personally would prefer some sort of skeleton swap, where some other AR uses the Forsaken rig for an Alliance AR. I have no idea what that would be, but I don't think Lightforged Undead is the answer.

I'm here for the Wrathion led, Alliance dragon allied race. I'd may even change my main to one. The worgen rig is perfect for them (as per the dragonman concept from Cata).

My allied race guesses have remain the same since forever.
    Gnomes - Junker Gnomes / Goblin - Vulpera
    Humans - Redeemed (Calia) / Undead - Forsaken Night Elves (Delaryn)
    Dragonman (Wrathion - worgen rig) / Ogres or Mok'nathal (Rexxar - kultiran rig)

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    I don't really see Lightbound Undead as being an Allied Race. Right now, there is only one representative (Callia) and that took the combined forces of Anduin, Velen and a Naaru IIRC
    This was the same argument made against Void Elves when we only knew their name, so all it takes is one unique lore figure to spearhead a new subrace.

Calia might be a parallel to Alleria actually.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-05-20 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Worgen are immune to the standard undeath, the only person who was ever able to raise them was the Lich King, personally, and all of those Worgen became Death Knights.... So that's unlikely.

Sethrak would be a fine allied race for the Worgen model/rigs, they are extremely similarly setup, IMO.

People say they should be Horde because the Horde PC helped them out so much, but as far as I'm concerned that only makes them indebted to the Horde PC, not the Horde itself. The Sethrak are completely at odds with how the current ideology of the Horde, and it seems far more likely, to me, that they would say "thanks but no thanks, your Warchief is nuts, we're going the other way" (especially since the Alliance PC saved their leader's life). Unless they join up after Sylvie gets the boot, then it would make sense.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-20 at 08:03 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Forsaken is an easy one, because it's most likely Calia-related and linked to her resurrection and new form of Forsaken-ness (Lightforged Undead). She's being postponed in-game like the Mechagnomes were.

Worgen is the one that's strange. It's unlikely to be Kaldorei Worgen because we already have a Night Elf AR (Nightborne), so what will the Worgen one be?
    Sethrak are the most likely option for the Horde which uses the Worgen skeleton. As for Undead, don't care as long as it comes with the one thing I've been hoping for since Allied Races were first announced: straight back option for the Forsaken.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

If we're talking about race skeletons, Lightforged Undead could be using the human model too if they are aimed for an Alliance faction, since Horde got their orc race with Maghar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged Undead are being teased with the typical Blizzard subtlety (that is, equivalent to a brick to the head). I'm torn on how I feel about them, but I'm willing to wait and see how they look aesthetically before making a final call on it.

As for a worgen Allied Race, one option I read about in WoWhead comments once didn't sound too shabby. Kaldorei worgen, who study their predecessors' arts and take the ritual in the Blackwald to retain their minds, giving them a worgen form with strong night elf influences, and a night elf form.

Also, pandaren currently lack an Allied Race. My vote is Furbolg. Forest Trolls are another no-brainer, in my opinion, with the Revantusk Tribe already allied with the Horde, and making the perfect counterpoint to Wildhammers in the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    If we're talking about race skeletons, Lightforged Undead could be using the human model too if they are aimed for an Alliance faction, since Horde got their orc race with Maghar.
    Interesting side-note, the Kul'Tirans seem to use the orc base, too. You can see this best if you line up Rexxar, an upright orc, and a Kul'Tiran all side by side.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Lightforged undead is one of the shittiest ideas Blizzard has ever shat out. Though it fits their desired unification, so most likely this will indeed be the Forsaken Allied Race (as if they didn't spit on the faction enough in this god forsaken expansion).

Night Elf undead are also rather stupid. Just because they were forsaken by Elune doesn't make them the Forsaken and them joining Sylvanas after she steamrolled her way through their lands makes no sense. Maybe some fringe cases here and there, but not enough to warrant an Allied Race and the majority should go their merry third way.

San'layn make most sense as an actually Horde Forsaken Allied Race, which is where said race should be. Out of all former Scourge none fit the Forsaken better than them, having already served under Sylvanas in life and their story of attempting vengeance against the Lich King largely mirroring Sylvanas' own. They were already re-introduced into the story in BfA showing them teaming up with the Horde and they were utterly wasted as Alliance fodder. But there are still some princes remaining.

On top of that, they could have aesthetic options that'd make them look more like a Dark Ranger, letting people role play as more standard undead Thalassian Elf, of which there should be aplenty in Forsaken society given how many of them were forced into the Scourge.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-05-20 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Interesting side-note, the Kul'Tirans seem to use the orc base, too. You can see this best if you line up Rexxar, an upright orc, and a Kul'Tiran all side by side.
    Rexxar is a Mok'Nathal, Half Orc-Half Ogre, but he does share the Kul'Tiran model, which is why people have said the Kul'Tiran model could be reused in the future for Ogre's or Mok'Nathal AR.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Undead vs. Worgen 2.0: Lightbound Undead for Alliance and Saberon for the Horde?

You are also missing the Pandaria pair as well.
    Probably Ankoan (Jinyu 2.0) for Alliance and Mogu for the Horde.

Umm Horde would get Hozen, not mogu. As the Hozen joined the horde in Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Rexxar is a Mok'Nathal, Half Orc-Half Ogre, but he does share the Kul'Tiran model, which is why people have said the Kul'Tiran model could be reused in the future for Ogre's or Mok'Nathal AR.
    No, no, I mean, you take one Rexxar, one orc with the upright option enabled, and one KT male. So there are three standing side by side. The safest place to do this is either with a Zandalari using Orb of Deception or with a KT with enough HP to survive the inevitable NPC guard beatdown long enough to take the shot. Most proportions match up, with some model work done to give KTs new animations, a gut, and a more human jawline/face/etc.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!