Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    What's wrong with GoTs ending? im so confused.
    Love it or hate it, everyone simply agrees it was rushed.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-di...r-wars-project

There's a petition to get them removed from the Star Wars project.
    And it won't work. They finished GoT with style, closing story lines and remaining true to developed characters behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Love it or hate it, everyone simply agrees it was rushed.
    Might have moved along a little quickly at the end, but that's not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And it won't work. They finished GoT with style, closing story lines and remaining true to developed characters behavior.
    This is sarcasm, right?

Doesnt matter considering star wars ended after the first 6 episodes. (Rogue One shouldnt be watched either)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    This is sarcasm, right?
    No, but this thread will be closed pretty soon. We can take over to the MEGA thread. If you didn't like the ending, that's fine. To each their own. But IMO the ending was terrific, characters remaining true to their nature.

I'm happy to chat about what you disagree with though.

No, but this thread will be closed pretty soon. We can take over to the MEGA thread. If you didn't like the ending, that's fine. To each their own. But IMO the ending was terrific, characters remaining true to their nature.

I'm happy to chat about what you disagree with though.
    Most characters ended up where they started.

Jon back where he started.

Jamie back where he started.

Greyworm and Dany were just revenge psycho's in the end.

Only ending I liked was tyrions

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Most characters ended up where they started.

Jon back where he started.

Jamie back where he started.

Greyworm and Dany were just revenge psycho's in the end.

Only ending I liked was tyrions
    Did you also notice that the show ended where the books began? I would be dollars to donuts this is how Martin had it ending as well. Very dark and somehow true to the characters but not satisfying in the "happily ever after" theme.

Did you also notice that the show ended where the books began? I would be dollars to donuts this is how Martin had it ending as well. Very dark and somehow true to the characters but not satisfying in the "happily ever after" theme.
    Im sure a lot of what happened is probably what will happen in the books but the characters will be different.

D&D just made up random shit last minute so people didnt guess how it would end.

What's wrong with GoTs ending? im so confused.
    The wheel did not get broken. Keeps on turning as it did before.

too many folks want a disney story, it seems the world has forgotten the wonder that is a tragedy. Maybe more folks need to go see actors in person on stages instead of on screen..idk...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The wheel did not get broken. Keeps on turning as it did before.
    an age past, an age yet to come?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    If enough people cancel their subscription to HBO, it will send a message that will reverberate throughout hollywood.
    Canceling *after* GoT has ended?

Yeah, sure...that won't be misconstrued.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im sure a lot of what happened is probably what will happen in the books but the characters will be different.

D&D just made up random shit last minute so people didnt guess how it would end.
    Not sure about the first, and I'm pretty sure they know and produced how it will end. Again, did you notice the final scene was also the first scene?

- - - Updated - - -

too many folks want a disney story, it seems the world has forgotten the wonder that is a tragedy. Maybe more folks need to go see actors in person on stages instead of on screen..idk...
    Agreed. Unhappy endings that are earned are in my opinion better than unearned happy endings. This one definitely fit the unhappily earned ending.

Not sure about the first, and I'm pretty sure they know and produced how it will end. Again, did you notice the final scene was also the first scene?
    Not really.

The show started with men of the nights watch running from a wight.

That story line was wrapped up in episode 3.

I mean yeah it had the same scenery north of the wall I guess?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    If enough people cancel their subscription to HBO, it will send a message that will reverberate throughout hollywood.
    That isn't going to happen. That ridiculous petition going around to have the last season redone. I mean . . . seriously? HBO kicked ass on this series, and are doing so with a number of others.

In no way was the ending going to please everyone. So of course those that aren't happy are lashing out.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    Just remember D and D have the rights to the next Star Wars trilogy too.
    I hated it because it was rushed for the most part, but the finale was terrible.

If they don't rush the movies, it should be fine (but I already had two movies that felt they were rushing plots for Star Wars).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    There's gonna be another Star Wars trilogy already? They're not even waiting to see how the last movie of the current new trilogy pans out?
    They are going to do it again because it's been panned so hard by hardcore Star Wars fans despite being successful at the box office because people are gullible for nostalgia.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not really.

The show started with men of the nights watch running from a wight.

That story line was wrapped up in episode 3.

I mean yeah it had the same scenery north of the wall I guess?
    Ok, nvm. It's really not worth discussing on a forum. If you hated it, just keep on hating it I guess. Don't worry that the first and last scenes of the show were linked to the Children of the Forrest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    ... but the finale was terrible.
    Maybe you watched a different finale? The one I saw had all characters remain true and included happy and sad story line endings. What did you think was "terrible" about it?

Ok, nvm. It's really not worth discussing on a forum. If you hated it, just keep on hating it I guess. Don't worry that the first and last scenes of the show were linked to the Children of the Forrest.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you watched a different finale? The one I saw had all characters remain true and included happy and sad story line endings. What did you think was "terrible" about it?
    you sure throw the toys out of the pram quick.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    There should have been 10 seasons, not 8.

It's a real shame that one of the greatest shows ended so poorly.
    8 seasons could have worked fine...if 7 and 8 were both full 10 episodes seasons.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They are going to do it again because it's been panned so hard by hardcore Star Wars fans despite being successful at the box office because people are gullible for nostalgia.
    They aren't going to do "it" again. D&D are going to produce an entirely new trilogy in the Star Wars universe. Could be interesting.