Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How is feral druid right now??

So, im planning to come back to the game and i have always played as a worgen feral druid. How is it right now?? Is it fun, is it under average? Is it doing good??. I say this as someone who stopped playing back in legion.

Feral is extremely undertuned, you're looking at low to mid-low tier on DPS charts, the rotation is clunky boring and lacking what it once did.

It's fine single target, absolutely terrible in AoE AFAIK.

Problem is you don't really bring anything to the table that other melees do. If you're looking to raid Mythic you might have some trouble getting raid spots due to melee spots being so little atm.

If you're looking to do H or anything below it then you can play whatever you want as long as you're good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    Feral is extremely undertuned, you're looking at low to mid-low tier on DPS charts, the rotation is clunky boring and lacking what it once did.
    Guess you haven't played since early Uldir. It's definitely not undertuned, damage-wise it's in a good spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    It's fine single target, absolutely terrible in AoE AFAIK.

Problem is you don't really bring anything to the table that other melees do. If you're looking to raid Mythic you might have some trouble getting raid spots due to melee spots being so little atm.

If you're looking to do H or anything below it then you can play whatever you want as long as you're good enough.
    This is honestly the biggest issue. You barely bring melee as it is for mythic, and if you do bring them, it's usually for buffs/debuffs(warrior/DH/monk), and in M+ it's not rogue/DH/WW. The non-buff melee are all in a decent spot tuning-wise for raids, you just don't bring them because you don't have spots to spare.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    I actually find the rotation fun to play and at least when I am going about my solo play it seems to do as much as my other toons. Plus stealth and instant mounts. Stealth ruined me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Feral has always been in a "fun" spot, and right now they are good single target while under performing on AoE.

- Bloodtalons still seems to be the go-to for most optimal single target encounters
    - PvP wise, they are in a decently strong position (my opinion), would recommend picking up Azerite Armor with healing-centered traits (Concentrated Mending, Bracing Chill) but I haven't gotten around in pushing arena as Feral
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2019-05-21 at 01:40 AM.

Feral is actually extremely powerful in M+ with the right talents and azerite, but it lacks utility vs some of the other melee.

feral is mid tier

Boomkin is top tier

thats the problem thats plagued feral for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    feral is mid tier

Boomkin is top tier

Exactly. If you compare Feral to other melees (Warriors, DKs, Ret Pala) then Feral is not really in a bad spot for both raiding and m+. However there are no good incentives for picking Feral over Boomkin in terms of effectiveness.

well also the fact that just straight up, feral has the same problem plenty of melee have, they aren't rogues or dh's

seriously, those 2 specs have utility and defensives bleeding out of their assholes

stampeding roar is something I guess, but it's not a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    feral is mid tier

Boomkin is top tier

Sadly this.
    My guild is having me play boomkin over feral in raids, makes me sad man

I've been a Feral main for years, it's doing pretty well right now but is outclassed by Balance in almost every way except defensive CDs.

BoD and CoS are raids that are of huge benefit to bring ranged multidotting specs, and Balance also has a smidge higher single target DPS. You won't underperform as Feral, but Balance is just a better spec.

As for being a worgen main, yeah you'll probably want to get that treated...

If you want to play the snap-shotting blood talons rotation, then, as I understand it, feral is doing "okay" at single target.

If you were hoping for something closer to Legion, and being able to step outside of the standard bleed-focused build, then sadly feral is currently in a bad spot. At least for raiding.

I returned basically a week ago since I always wanted to try out Zandalari and I enjoy my druid so far.
    It's not perfect, but I like the small changes that were introduced to the class since the start of BfA and we're certainly significantly more playable now.
    So unless you're going for the top tier, you should be ok playing feral.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    melee, undesired utility, mid tier dmg, lacking burs aoe

pretty terrible overall

omg just thought of awesome idea, purely visual, but, what if there was an attack or ability where you lept up onto the target, and clung, like really stuck onto the target with your claws / paws! Could cause damage over time, paralyze or something else, that's not the point, the point is to have your cat pounced and perched into / onto the target and not let go - at least for a few seconds! while the target bleeds out or remains stunned, or a combination of multiple effects while they're stricken with you. Maybe you could dig your teeth into them or gnash them while you're at it. omg! credit me with this idea if you post it anywhere, I think it's a fun one!

that's basically what bear hug from mop was, but bear instead of cat.
    yeah though it was fun and I wouldnt mind having it or what you described back.

Feral is great for open world pve, but not doing so hot in higher level group content. Devs need to decide whether feral has a focus on burst or bleeds, instead of constantly changing it back and forth.

Agree with others about the lack of utility compared to other melee and Balance just being better. Ive never had much fun playing Feral, find other melee much more fun. Azshara raid isn't much different than BOD in terms of melee vs ranged. Honestly, can see Rogue and DH being the only melee taken by some guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Guess you haven't played since early Uldir. It's definitely not undertuned, damage-wise it's in a good spot.

- - - Updated - - -

This is honestly the biggest issue. You barely bring melee as it is for mythic, and if you do bring them, it's usually for buffs/debuffs(warrior/DH/monk), and in M+ it's not rogue/DH/WW. The non-buff melee are all in a decent spot tuning-wise for raids, you just don't bring them because you don't have spots to spare.
    Wouldn't the remedy be for a massive nerf of all ranged tbh?