Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't get it, why unsub cause of mechagnomes?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because of symbolism for hatred against the Alliance by the devs.
    Still not getting it. Why would adding a gnomish Allied Race be seen by Alliance as a symbol of the devs' hatred? You may not care for gnomes, buster, but there are Alliance players who absolutely love them.

P.S. Take a look at my avatar. Guess what race she is.

mechagnomes will make me resub if anything

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard refuses to give people on Alliance what they want (High Elves/Vrykul/Sethrak/Broken) and continue to not give them what they want while instead doing their own thing and ignoring fans.

(I'll shut up after this. Probably.) News flash, friend! Not all Alliance players are obsessed with those races. High Elves? There are too many playable Elf races as it is. There were before the Velfs & Nightborne. Vrykul? Don't be absurd. Broken? I adore Draenei (my 2nd fav race after Gnomes), but we've already got a Draenic Allied Race. The Snek People -- playable Snex would be fun, but they don't quite fit the Allied Race mold, and I'm not (as I implied) obsessed with them.

Don't confuse what you want with what everyone wants.

When Mechagnomes are inevitably confirmed for an Alliance Allied Race, along with the Vulpera, there will be a shitstorm of anger from an already furious half of the playerbase.

Will the anger be enough to cause mass unsubbing, on par with a "strike" of sorts for Alliance players who finally give up on BFA?
    Some Alliance players just love playing the victim. Don't be so melodramatic, both factions get equal treatment.

If you're so concerned the Horde have it better, then maybe deep down it's because you actually prefer the Horde?
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Some Alliance players just love playing the victim. Don't be so melodramatic, both factions get equal treatment.

If you're so concerned the Horde have it better, then maybe deep down it's because you actually prefer the Horde?
    While I agree that a lot of the faction bias is overdramatic and it isn't as bad as people pretend, and Mechagnomes have grown on my since their reveal, I think they're better than LFD/Dark Iron--it's objectively false that both factions get equal treatment, it's pretty clear a lot more consideration goes into Horde for a variety of things. You can't look at the Alliance's infinite Horse recolors and the Horde's new mounts and pretend there's equal treatment happening.

Allied races are like that too. I don't think the Horde-Alliance gap is as big as some people pretend, but obviously more thought and consideration is going into the Horde side:

The Horde get an allied race we worked with for a big portion of an expansion, the Alliance have one made up on the spot (And I like Void Elves).
    The Horde get not only brown orcs that they've been asking for, but the customization options for several other clans as well, the Alliance get Dark Iron despite the frequent requests for both Dark Iron and Wildhammer.
    The Horde get not only the Orc posture change they've long asked for, but also a free lore appropriate customization option for Blood Elves--the Alliance get... dark eyes for Night Elves that literally no one asked for or even considered a thing? While again, ignoring long-standing requests for Wildhammer tattoos or (and I hate High Elf whiners more than anything) a single high elf skin/eye option for Void Elves, one of the most requested things ever.
    Blizzard ignores the golden opportunity of Broken, a much more unique customization on par with Zandalari and instead adds glowy draenei.

It's not hard to see how adding Vulpera a race involved in the active storyline with actual notable characters and then adding partial-mechagnomes that weren't really asked for and were only really known about beforehand because a few files were datamined in beta--just feels like adding fuel to the fire for some Alliance players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The Horde get an allied race we worked with for a big portion of an expansion, the Alliance have one made up on the spot (And I like Void Elves).
    The Horde get not only brown orcs that they've been asking for, but the customization options for several other clans as well, the Alliance get Dark Iron despite the frequent requests for both Dark Iron and Wildhammer.
    The Horde get not only the Orc posture change they've long asked for, but also a free lore appropriate customization option for Blood Elves--the Alliance get... dark eyes for Night Elves that literally no one asked for or even considered a thing? While again, ignoring long-standing requests for Wildhammer tattoos or (and I hate High Elf whiners more than anything) a single high elf skin/eye option for Void Elves, one of the most requested things ever.
    Blizzard ignores the golden opportunity of Broken, a much more unique customization on par with Zandalari and instead adds glowy draenei.
    LF Draenei - we worked alongside them for a big portion of an expansion (patch 7.3). We even had a 3 series audio drama discussing their history.. no other AR had this.

DID - have more history and lore than any other AR. There are dungeons and raids that revolve around DID lore. DID customizations are far more detailed than differing skin colors (for different orc clans). Also, DID were given better racials and far more class options than Mag'har orcs.

Eye customization - I don't believe golden eyes for BE was all that requested. If anything, more players would have preferred blue eyes (sunwell is both holy and arcane). So, from my opinion the eye options for NE and BE are on par.

High elfs - Blizzard have stated on several occasions that A) blood elfs are high elfs, and B) they don't want to blur faction lines. "Blood elfs ARE our high elfs" (Metzen 2007) and also Ion in 2 separate interviews in 2018. Just because high elfs are requested doesn't mean they're a valid option... the blood elfs are the continuation of the high elf story.

Void elfs - I agree in that their introduction could have been implemented better. But it appears they were clearly a way of giving the ALliance high elfs without detracting from faction identity of the Horde. However, despite their poor implementation they are currently the most popular AR... so clearly they're not as bad as some make them out to be.

Additionally, KT humans are the only AR to have a unique rig. All Horde ARs are based on existing skeletons.

So you can't say that more thought went into Horde AR's, when it's clear both sides got plenty of focus and attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's not hard to see how adding Vulpera a race involved in the active storyline with actual notable characters and then adding partial-mechagnomes that weren't really asked for and were only really known about beforehand because a few files were datamined in beta--just feels like adding fuel to the fire for some Alliance players.
    Vulpera weren't known beforehand either. Plus, mechagnomes are going to have their own mega zone and mega dungeon in the upcoming patch. I'm sure we'll be introduced to plenty of notable characters and will be given a lot more background on who they are and what they're about. Seems like mechagnomes will have a lot more involvement and focus than vulpera in this expansion
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

I would rather hate on Vulpera. Mechagnomes are cool.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Daenerys was on the throne this would not be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The only thing Blizz hates is good storytelling. You can't tell me the Horde is happy that their Warchief is getting Garroshed again.
    Or even the fact that a lot of her supposed "evil acts" can be explained as not being evil, she sits silent about it because the writers are inept. Letting the plague loose on her own people during the siege was the right action as they were going to die anyway for example. She could easily have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Nobody forcing you or anybody to play a gnome or a mechagnome...why would anybody be mad about it?
    Maybe because there's a limited amount of allied races and people don't want it pissed away on GNOMIER gnomes?

It's not really that hard to grasp when you're not trying to be condescending and dismissive.

No need to unsub over something like this.

It is a pretty lame allied race though. Replace the arms and legs of a gnome and call it something else, come on.

I rather have that snake race. At least it would have been something new.

They already got fat humans, and draenei with party-light. I doubt that would cause any outrage. In the first place, anyone on alliance that thought they wouldn't be horde was delusional to begin with. The alliance has no meaningfull interaction with vulpera.

Because of symbolism for hatred against the Alliance by the devs.
    stop spilling that BS please.
    if it where after your head a quests like https://www.wowhead.com/quest=48883/big-gulls-wont-die would mean alliance favoritism because only them get the +5 fishing boots and horde doesnt.

the will be no uproar over a race, case and thread closed.

I'm sure people will be upset, but this is a win for the gnome fans. I also happen to support mechagnomes as an allied race. My motto: the more the merrier.

Appealing to a small minority of players is not good business sense.
    So no reason for Blizzard to have to appeal to the minority of players who will leave over mechagnomes. Thats like .005 percent of players right?

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't care about mechagnomes. I'd do the questline for the lore and the extra mount (even though it'll be damn ugly as all mechanical mounts exc. alliance chopper) and that's it. Yes, I'd like Jinyu more (or even Vrykul) but I won't make a fuss of it. There are bigger issues in the game, as it comes to faction differences (low development/screen time of alliance characters, for example).

I would play a gnome if i were on alliance side. Mecgagnomes are for clearly the gnome mains. Nice that blizzard thinks about a small playerbase too.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Anyone who unsubscribes from WoW because of Mechagnomes is retarded. There are many good reasons to unsubscribe, but that isn't one.
    It won't stop people from making dumb fucking arguments like, "Blizzard's 2019 Q3 to Q4 MAUs went down by 3 million. This is obviously because of Mechagnomes being released."