Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Classic Stress Test 1, WoW Classic “Not A Bug” List Additions, DLC #679

WoW Classic Stress Test 1
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ll be performing our first stress test for WoW Classic on Wednesday, May 22, from 4–6pm PDT. During this time, the closed beta test realm will be unavailable. Those who are currently in the beta test will only be able to login to the stress test realm during this time and beta testers can participate using their existing installation. We’ll also be adding a significant number of players to the stress test from the pool of people who have already opted in for the beta but have not yet been selected.

Since the same client is used for both our stress test users and our normal beta users, the name in the Battle.net App has changed to “Beta & Stress Test: WoW Classic. ” If you’ve been selected to participate in the stress test, you’ll see this option appear in the Region/Account drop down menu so you can download and install the WoW Classic client in advance, but you’ll only be able to see the stress test realm when it becomes available.

For the stress test, all races and classes will be available for creation, but the maximum level will be set to 5. The test will also take place on a PvP realm, but since the starting areas are sanctuaries you don’t need to worry about attacks from the other faction if you just want to level up to 5. We expect to put a lot of people in the starting zones, though, and we’re looking forward to seeing what you all do as we test the servers under crowded conditions.

We’ll be actively monitoring the server, sending server messages, etc. during the 4-6pm PDT period and it’s important to have as many people as possible log in during this window! The stress test realm itself will be available until Thursday, May 23 (becoming unavailable around 6:00pm PDT).

If you encounter any issues during the test, you can submit them through the bug reporting tool in-game. If there are any aspects you’d like to discuss, feel free to post in the Classic Discussion forum.

Performing tests like these are very important in contributing to a smooth launch on August 27 and we appreciate your support.

WoW Classic “Not A Bug” List Additions
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I’ve added this to the OP:

Dark Legacy Comics #679
    DLC #679 has been released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wee Stress Test.

7+ Year Old Account
    "You are unable to Polymorph enemy targets that are tapped by players with whom you are not grouped."

I'll admit, this is something I wasn't aware of. Is this strictly to Polymorph or would it count for other things as well (Repentance)?

and the people invited to test the game, doing unpaid work, aren't even rewarded with regular beta when this 1 session stress test is over ?

Maximum level set to 5

rip

I guess we'll see some low level Hogger raids

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    and the people invited to test the game, doing unpaid work, aren't even rewarded with regular beta when this 1 session stress test is over ?
    It's not work. If a reward is all you want then don't do it lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I really hope we get Asmongold to bring like 1200 people to fight Soda with his 1200 and see if the server shits itself.

DLC was spot on today, I needed that laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    "You are unable to Polymorph enemy targets that are tapped by players with whom you are not grouped."

I'll admit, this is something I wasn't aware of. Is this strictly to Polymorph or would it count for other things as well (Repentance)?
    Probably just polymorph, it heals the mob fairly quickly. There would be a plethora of ways you could grief someone

At all levels of player characters and enemies, aggro radius is set to the intended distance.
    This made me laugh. Yeah, some mobs seemed to be able to smell your level 4 butt from across the map, lol. It's what made the Wetlands run so exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    At all levels of player characters and enemies, aggro radius is set to the intended distance.
    This made me laugh. Yeah, some mobs seemed to be able to smell your level 4 butt from across the map, lol. It's what made the Wetlands run so exciting.
    Nelves getting chomped by crocs on their way to Ironforge? Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Pretty sure they are saying the "opposit" in this case.
    A lot of people watching streamers have said they feel like the aggro radius is too small, not too big.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I really hope we get Asmongold to bring like 1200 people to fight Soda with his 1200 and see if the server shits itself.
    Wouldn't be possible thanks to layering.

Max level 5

Gonna be some epic raids on XRoads and Astranaar

I was hyped about classic, at least until my eyes were gouged out by inhuman news posts like these:
    Performing tests like these are very important in contributing to a smooth launch on August 27 and we appreciate your support.
    I don't know what all this trouble is about, but I'm sure it must be your fault. Beep boop beep, let's get out of the ice planet, R2.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    DLC was spot on today, I needed that laugh.
    Keydar is hilarious for sure. Not unlike the sadly unupdated 2005 WoW models, which are so ugly you don't want to hear them talk.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Stress testing isn’t unpaid work.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Stress testing isn’t unpaid work.
    seeing how you can work and get paid as a tester for all sort of shit, including games, which include stress testing. Doing so for blizzard in this game is sorta kinda unpaid work. But don't focus to much on that part. My point was that they should let the people stay in the beta after, regardless. As a thank you for helping stress test

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    seeing how you can work and get paid as a tester for all sort of shit, including games, which include stress testing. Doing so for blizzard in this game is sorta kinda unpaid work. But don't focus to much on that part. My point was that they should let the people stay in the beta after, regardless. As a thank you for helping stress test
    You could argue every thing is unpaid work by that logic as you can get paid for literally any thing.

And if they left people who stress tested stay in the beta it would make the beta useless as literally every one would get in.

Rip eu times?

But then it would be constant stress test.

I'm thankfull for being able to participate in a stress test but.. oof, only till lvl 5? They wan't as much players as possible -> give them something to do.