Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    By the time 8.3 is announced, you will have had 360+ days to get 42000 rep, which is less than 1.5 WQs per day without any questing an emissaries/table missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I know they’re doing the same on both sides. I’m not horde so it’s a bit hard for me to complain about what horde is getting and why it’s wrong however obviously any race that’s just the exact same as a race we already had with a few customization options like 3 tattoos will be received poorly compared to actual new races. You can’t really say the same for LFD, DiD or Highmountain.

I mean if you can’t see a visual difference between Zandalari and regular trolls you might be blind. Aside from completely different posture and animations theres also customization that can make them look completely different even when without armor (skin color, hair styles, tattoos, piercings, different tusks).

Im complaining because it’s clearly poor use of allied races. Go look up the most popular races, none of the races like LFD, DiD or Maghar are as popular as actual new shit like Void elves (new for alliance), Zandalari and highborne. Kul’tirans are the only “new” race that has been received poorly but that’s probably because alliance has 3-4 different forms of humans already and this is just another one only fatter.

Honestly a majority of allied races just feel like subraces even though blizzard said that’s not what this is. Zandalari, Highborne and Void elves are the only ones that don’t look like a subrace. DiD, LFD, Highmountain, etc could’ve all just been customization for regular races, like instead of LFD we should’ve gotten broken who were an actual race we recruited and teamed up with (and gained rep for) while LFD should’ve been customization added to Draenei similar to how golden eyes were added to blood elves.

Im not asking for completely new races like ethereals, just something that’s new for each side. So for example highborne have the nightborne model but slightly altered which is new for horde while alliance got the blood elf model which is new for alliance.
    I like Kul'Tiran. They can't give one side unique/cool races if they otherside doesn't get some kind of equivalent. Sure there's some cool idea floating about, but again, it has to be fair. If the horde got something really sick and the alliance didn't, that's be unfair. I believe Zandalari and Kul'tiran are equal in my eyes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I do hope blizzards take a steaming pile of crap known as mechagnomes and drops it onto the alliance. That'd be the golden cap on this crap
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

they redid the goblin frame so you know vulpera are comming since they share the animation matric. redoing the gnomes is just a smoke screen to try and throw people off thinking we wont notice. hey wow fans we are redoing the gnome and goblin animation next they are next on the improve models..
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Not to mention Lightforged Draenei that also look just like Draenei when wearing armor and DiD that look just like regular dwarves when wearing armor. Alliance has some of the most boring races tbh. Regular humans, medium sized humans, small humans, fat humans, furry humans, Draenei, Lightforged Draenei, Dwarves, dark iron dwarves, night elves and void elves.

Either way, I’m really hoping for something different. Something that’s new and unique visually. Look at how popular Zandalari/Void elves are. They’re two races that look very different visually and provide a new aesthetic for each side. The least popular ones are the ones that could’ve easily been customization for the regular races. Now we’re about to get gnomes with more customization and horde will get something that looks completely new. I’m not upset about what horde gets I just dislike the alliance allied races so far, feels kinda low effort.

Regardless I don’t play horde that much but I wouldn’t make a vulpera even if I were exalted. Just don’t like the style and they probably wouldn’t be able to be Paladins so it doesn’t matter anyway.
    Kul Tirans are the only Allied Race that has a unique skeleton and full set of animations. All the others are recolors or modifications of existing ones. In fact the order of release of the races was changed to accommodate the long development time of the entirely new models of Kul Tirans. I agree most races are boring, but if anything Alliance got the only -new- race so far in BfA.

That being said Mechagnomes suck butt and I would not be surprised if they are added along the other race recolors for the midget amputee fetishists.

Vulpera, on the other hand, might be the best thing in this expansion so far, along the cool cutscenes and cinematics.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, your own opinion, of course. Unpleasant looking for me would be Night Elves, Forsaken, Orcs and such.
    My least favorite race used to be Undead until Worgen came out. I mainly play Alliance and have one of each race... except Worgen.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You mean like Kul'tirans and Zandalari?
    And not just them. The 4 original allied races were all added after people were exalted with the required factions. Dark Iron and Maghar are the only 2 out of 8 so far that have required a new reputation grind.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have all my rep maxed on the Horde side. I need to level my gnome still...

Tbh Vulpera would a good excuse for me to try rogues.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I really really really hope that Vulpera never become an allied race. I don't want more damned furry bait.
    I'm with you. It makes the game feel cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    I know this is bait in of itself, but we already have furries in the form of tauren (cow people), worgen (dog people), and pandaren (obviously panda people); and this isn't counting the other races people want to be playable like arakkoa (bird people), jinyu (fish people), and saberon (cat people), and I guess draenei for goats if we want to stretch it. What is it about vulpera that make people draw the line?
    I said I don't want MORE furry bait. We already have enough furry garbage in the game.

Vulpera before ogres will be the nail in the coffin for me to quit this game, well maybe it's a good thing.

Prepare for disappointment, we ain't getting Vulpera. Entertainment now is about subverting expectations, you wanted a good game? HA! You get shit. You wanted a satisfying ending to a series, tough luck! You want fox people? FUCK YOU! YOU GET FISH GOBLINS INSTEAD!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I swear to god, mechagnomes will be the beautiful capstone of disappointment on the mediocrity mountain of allied races.

I know it's very likely coming but holy shit is it a waste of time to develop a race that unpleasant looking.
    Your own opinion, a minority at that
    a race of cyborgs is fucking lit
    i would love to see their racials

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Let me quote this for you:

Horde does not bring merchants into their lines of war machines. They do not bring weak creatures that cannot handle things like Azerite. Do you think that Zandalari Trolls and Mag'har Orcs are allied race by chance? No, it's by "sense". Why not having tortollan race to join the Horde? They look equally retarded as Vulperas. Cuter race for Horde? "Let's have Sylvanas as badass warchief and then, put cute kleine foxes into the Horde ^^".

Pull your head out of the sand, no one wants that.
    Goblins joined the horde, they are merchants
    pandaren joined the horde, they are cute race.

yeah man your logic totally sound
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Kul Tirans are the only Allied Race that has a unique skeleton and full set of animations. All the others are recolors or modifications of existing ones. In fact the order of release of the races was changed to accommodate the long development time of the entirely new models of Kul Tirans. I agree most races are boring, but if anything Alliance got the only -new- race so far in BfA.

That being said Mechagnomes suck butt and I would not be surprised if they are added along the other race recolors for the midget amputee fetishists.

Vulpera, on the other hand, might be the best thing in this expansion so far, along the cool cutscenes and cinematics.
    I should be way more clear. When I say “new” I don’t mean a completely new race like Pandaren or Worgen, I just mean something that’s aesthetically and visually new. So for example, Void elves use the blood elf skeleton which isn’t new to the game but it is new to alliance, same goes for Nightborn and Zandalari I believe (nightborn uses a slightly modified night elf skeleton which is new to horde). Outside of that, all the other allied races have been very boring, so much so that I would consider them extra customization for the already existing races like Draenei or Tauren.

And yeah, KTs are basically the new race of the expansion so far. It’s unfortunate that they’re just another type of human which the alliance already has too much of. They’re very unpopular because they aren’t really anything new persay, just more human stuff. I won’t complain too much about KTs, I appreciate that it’s completely new, it’s just unfortunate the theme is more of the same.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-05-21 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post

Horde does not bring merchants into their lines of war machines. They do not bring weak creatures that cannot handle things like Azerite. Do you think that Zandalari Trolls and Mag'har Orcs are allied race by chance? No, it's by "sense". Why not having tortollan race to join the Horde? They look equally retarded as Vulperas. Cuter race for Horde? "Let's have Sylvanas as badass warchief and then, put cute kleine foxes into the Horde ^^".

Pull your head out of the sand, no one wants that.
    Its a good job Sylvanas who thinks like that is gonna be the Horde Warchief forever and not Thrall who would love to take in a nomadic tribe of peaceful but resilient Vulpera.

Its not like the rebellion that some of the Horde leaders is building is gonna need soldiers or the fact Sylvanas will care that another race of cannon fodder will join her ranks.

Plus the Vulpera have been killed by the alliance and Queen Talanji would easily speak for them if they wished to join and to be apart of something bigger than just scavenging through basilisk shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    As it's been already said before, Vulpera don't make any sense as an Allied Race (since all Allied Races so far are subraces and not unique ones)and it would be kinda unfair to the Alliance.

Horde will 99% get Gilblins if Alliance gets Mechagnomes. Vulpera might be added later as a normal race with a worthy Alliance equivalent.

Is there any new Vulpera lore in 8.2 anyways? Since we're going away from Zandalar it seems less likely we'll ever again see Vulpera.

Personally I hope that Blizzard won't add any new races this expansion and in the next one
    Where is this Gilblin stuff coming from? Why do you think they will get precident over the Vulpera who were there at the start of the Xpac. What are your justification for them to join?

Plus you really think they would be loyal enough to join the Horde?
    Last edited by Iambackagain666; 2019-05-21 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    My least favorite race used to be Undead until Worgen came out. I mainly play Alliance and have one of each race... except Worgen.
    I still don't have my least favorites. Convinced myself to have orcs on the list but Forsaken and Night Elves can stay away...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    There's people without every BfA faction exalted on at least 1 character at this point?
    havenot got a single rep at exalted yet

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I swear to god, mechagnomes will be the beautiful capstone of disappointment on the mediocrity mountain of allied races.

I know it's very likely coming but holy shit is it a waste of time to develop a race that unpleasant looking.
    I thought Mag orcs was lazy but a new challenger approaches , at the very least you should be able to customise original Gnomes to have some Meca parts if you wish

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemicmustdie View Post
    I thought Mag orcs was lazy but a new challenger approaches , at the very least you should be able to customise original Gnomes to have some Meca parts if you wish
    Brown orcs and other orc clans were actually requested though. The orc fetish community (most orc players actually..) was wanking itself silly for months on end. Couple that with the upright posture and Blizzard, unbeknownst by most analysts, probably caused a boom in the paper tissue industry that to this day can't be properly explained by financial experts.

Compared to that, the crippled midget amputee fetish is rather niche, even on 4chan and it's doubled "special" cousin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iambackagain666 View Post

Where is this Gilblin stuff coming from? Why do you think they will get precident over the Vulpera who were there at the start of the Xpac. What are your justification for them to join?

Plus you really think they would be loyal enough to join the Horde?
    The idea is that every Allied race is a variant of an existing race. This has held true for every Allied race added so far. The logic behind Gilgoblins is that if there is to be Goblin Allied race, Gilgoblins make sense because they are also a variant.

The problem with that is that that logic only holds so far and falters in the face of the available evidence.

Blizzard explicitly said the Allied race system is not a sub-race system. That all the Allied races added so far are in fact sub-races is likely because the initial idea for the system was an attempt to facilitate sub-races. Vulpera therefore are absolutely not ruled out because they are not a Goblin variant, any more than Gilgoblins are guaranteed because they are.

Vulpera and Gilgoblins are in a competition, because the reasonable assumption is that only one variant of the Goblin model will be added as an Allied race. This is where the other evidence comes into play to determine which one.

Gilgoblins play a role in Nazjatar for the Horde, but their models are simple reuses of the Cataclysm variant. Contrast this with Mecha Gnomes. Mecha Gnomes are a shoe in as an Allied race because of the level of complexity their models have and the number of customization options available. Gilgoblins have none of that, at all.

On the other hand, Vulpera are pretty much player character ready.

Their skeletons/rigs are far more advanced than the Goblins used by players and unlike almost all other NPC races, they have a heart of azeroth animation.
    Vulpera are capable of wearing cloaks, and effort was put in to ensure they could wear cloaks without it clipping through their large tails, yet no Vulpera wears a cloak in game.
    Vulpera have a player character level of customization options, which is highly unusual if they were intended to be solely NPCs.
    Vulpera are in the CHRRCE database and were accidentally flagged as a Horde race in one of the beta builds for BFA. Mecha Gnomes are the only race added to the CHRRCE database since that is also not playable at the moment. Gilgoblins were not added to this database.

Given that being a variant of an existing race is not necessarily a pre-requisite of becoming an Allied race, we are left with only the evidence to determine who will be the counterpart to the inevitable addition of Mecha Gnomes to the Alliance.

The evidence is clear. Only Vulpera are of an equivalent level of development as the Mecha Gnomes are. The state of Gilgoblins in Nazjatar shows that almost no work has been done on their models since the days of the Cataclysm. Even the Ankoan got a paint job to make them look like a different version of Jinyu. If Gilgoblins were intended, Blizzard would have put a lot more effort into them. The same level of effort they have put into Vulpera in fact.

Vulpera are almost certainly going to happen.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2019-05-21 at 10:54 AM.