Poll: Do you believe a person can be psychic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    There is no how it “should be” when discussing these kinds of things. You’ve made your decision and so have I. You can find that silly, delusional... whatever, but we all get to decide what we believe in. My beliefs in no way impact you, just as your beliefs in no way impact me.

I’m not bothered by it, so why are you?
    I'm not bothered by it. You're just wrong.

We both started at the same place, but I didn't really decide that there is no afterlife. It may exist, it may not. What I didn't do is make something up to fill in a gap that didn't need to be filled. On top of that you've also simply made up more shit to pile onto your first assumption (IF there is an afterlife there are PROBABLY people who can "tune" in to it). Odds are that isn't the only bullshit you've allowed the less logical part of your brain convince you of. Just a compounding series of lies that you label as "belief" to give you a pass to say it's as valid as any other position.

I'm fully aware that most people don't care about what other people say they should or shouldn't believe in. However, if fewer people lived their lives based on shit they made up that is fully fabricated, disconnected from known reality, and completely unsupportable by any metric that we know this world would be a much better place.

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it... as am I with mine. We’re both different and that’s okay.
    That's a cop out. My last statement was an opinion, the rest was not. Maybe for you it's okay, but for a lot of people their belief in an afterlife is a great motivator to do some horrible things.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Ok then smart guy show me undeniable proof of what there is in the afterlife
    Yellow unicorns! There is nothing. YOU have to prove there IS something, if that is what you believe. Same as that I'd have to prove yellow unicorns exist, because how could I expect you to prove they do not?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Anyone who says yes has obvious problems grasping reality. But i'm sure there are some out there as there are people who believe sky daddies and flat earths.
    Now is it real? No. Not unless they can prove it. So far none have.
    Your premise here is a bit flawed.

It is pretty obvious that anyone who believes the earth is flat is a moron, because it is very, VERY easily proven that the earth is not flat.
    God on the other hand, is slightly different. While you can't prove that he does not exist, it is also pretty much impossible to prove that he does exist. Now while I won't rule out the possibility that a SkyDaddy might exist, the sheer lack of any form of concrete evidence pointing to the positive here is pretty damning, at least from the point of view that should this SkyDaddy actually exist, he pretty obviously doesn't give a shit about us.

Which brings us to psychics. Do I believe a person can be psychic? Nothing in reality currently prevents it, and quite frankly, if I WAS a psychic, I sure as fuck wouldn't advertise it to attempt to prove that psychics exist (I mean, lets be serious, the first time someone legit bends a spoon with their mind is the last time anyone on the face of the planet will see them alive outside of a black site testing facility). And hell, the more we learn about Quantum Mechanics, the more I tend to think that "psychic" phenomena are probably just people temporarily tapping into some kind of Quantum Alignment that allows them to briefly do things that should be "impossible". Would go a long way towards explaining why almost all paranormal events of that nature seem to be one time things, and why nobody has ever been "permanently" psychic in the legit sense.

Yes, why not? So many things are still unknown. I'm open for the posibility! How would a psychic even prove to be one? We'd alwasy dismiss it as a good guess :P

Miss a poll answer like "Yes, do believe". Never experienced it but I do believe.
    Last edited by Zephire; 2019-05-21 at 07:07 AM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Yes, why not? So many things are still unknown. I'm open for the posibility! How would a psychic even prove to be one? We'd alwasy dismiss it as a good guess :P
    The better question would be: Why would anyone who was legitimately psychic actually WANT to prove it? I mean, that would be a one way ticket to dissappearing into a government black site faster than you can say "most wanted man on the planet".

Yes, yes i do

Iam currently the richest man alive cause i have won every lottery i have ever bet on plus i have made trillions on the futures stock market.

I know how phase 4 of the MCU will end and i know how everybody on this thread will die.... SPOILER.. you all die from illness, accident or other.

You’re basically just telling me I shouldn’t believe in the things I do because you find it silly.
    OK, you're either not reading or you're not understanding.

It's not a matter of whether I find it silly. It isn't about views or opinions. It's an objective fact. You admit it yourself, no one knows about these things so your response is to just make something up instead of [gasp] not making something up. Please tell me that makes sense, I don't think I can make it any simpler.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2019-05-21 at 07:12 AM.

I went to a psychic on my honeymoon. It was just something fun to do but the things she said to me did come true. Good guesses? Maybe.

She said I’d have two daughters (I did) and that there would be a conflict in the family over a ring I was given (there was).
    My Stepmother who wholy believed in that stuff went to one too in Sedona Arizona and the phychic knew so much about her like her daughter who died a few years ago it was amazing.... Until you realise they mine that information from the internet and my stepmother had her facebook profile not set to private

PLUS... The Psychic told her she would live a long and happy life... Well she died of breast cancer 2 years later and its funny that the Psychic never mentioned that was gonna be in her future.

Winter Blossom i have known you for a long time but these people are parasites that mine your information or do something that is called cold reading its a trick older than dirt.

Most Americans will have 2 children in there life time its such a easy guess to make so statistically speaking i couldve made that same call.

Now if you believe in all this stuff then thats your right but iam just saying.
    Last edited by Iambackagain666; 2019-05-21 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The better question would be: Why would anyone who was legitimately psychic actually WANT to prove it? I mean, that would be a one way ticket to dissappearing into a government black site faster than you can say "most wanted man on the planet".
    Maybe, depends on the attitude of the psychic and what type of government. Though I still Think it would be hard to prove due to others not understanding. It's lika a magic trick, even if the mage was naked doing things we'd still believe it to be a trick.

I get your Point though and yes, would probably be smart to keep that power conceald.
    I went to a psychic on my honeymoon. It was just something fun to do but the things she said to me did come true. Good guesses? Maybe.

She said I’d have two daughters (I did) and that there would be a conflict in the family over a ring I was given (there was).
    Maybe a combination of luck and generallization. If you guess the most propable then you have the highest chance of it being true. She also made you think about it, maybe that triggered your body to produce two females? You know, like when someone says something and you realize that is happening all over the Place, but it did so even Before you started seeing it. It was just a thing of unimportance that you previously didn't register.

Or she was a psychic. That's what I meant, it's hard for us normal people to accept and/or understand this. Even if what she said happened, you still don't believe her to be a true psychic to 100%, you still have some doubt. Probably because it's against your generall understanding of how the world works. This was a guess from what you wrote^^
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Oh, yeah, I think there’s definitely “psychics” our there that prey on people and know how to do the cold reading thing. I think the vast majority are like that. Do I think some are legit? I think so, yes... and I only say that because of experiencing things with my little sister and her “abilities”.
    Iam not gonna pooh pooh you cause some times i too have these psychic abilities in that iam sure i know whats gonna happen next its like a feeling.

I truly believe when we die we repeat our lives cause the universe is like a sheet that expands then retracts and repeats itself forever but we get certain echos.

But as for these so called psychics they prey on the vulnerable and is the reason i dont like them.
    Last edited by Iambackagain666; 2019-05-21 at 07:41 AM.

Nearly 13%. Come on, MMO-C.

Make what up? My beliefs? Those are based on things I’ve personally seen and encountered. I mean, I could get into that with you, but I imagine the convo would quickly just again turn into you saying it’s silly and “you didn’t see those things... your eyes are playing tricks on you”.

I’ve heard it all before so no worries. I’m good.
    So why are you saying no one knows about these things? Or do you doubt your own experiences? If you're so sure your eyes weren't playing tricks on you then why can't you say that you're 100% certain that you saw X and it was real? What do you say to people who have had similar experiences and conclude something different than you? Is everyone right? Is everyone else wrong?

No. If such things were even the least bit possible, they would be locked in a research lab and probably never seen or heard from again.

Nope, but you can observe, reason and make educated guesses.

I’m psychic myself in a very specific way, when’s someone tells me they are psychic I know they’re lying or delusional or both.

Ofc they are real. Same as flying spaghetti monster.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, magic is not real. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just dumb.

maybe, there is a lot of brain up there we aren't using.

i think more than likely people just get good at watching other peoples habits and trends among groups and can more easily predict what people will do.

attention to details.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-05-21 at 12:17 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    maybe, there is a lot of brain up there we aren't using.
    That is just fundamentally untrue.