Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is there a faction (minus Forsaken) who are still loyal to Sylvanas going into 8.3?

Is there a faction (minus Forsaken) who are still loyal to Sylvanas going into 8.3?

Tauren: No
    Belfs: Soon to be no
    Orcs: Most will be undecided until Thrall Jesus shows up with Saurfang
    Trolls: They will follow Thrall and what the Orcs do
    Goblins: They will side with the winning faction so if it looks like things are slipping away for Sylvanas then they will walk.
    Pandaren: By the looks of it they have no reason to side with Sylvanas going into 8.3

Allied Races

Highmountain: They seems to be pretty pissed over what happened to Baine so thats a no for them
    NBelfs: They seem to think that Sylvanas is turning into Elisande so there loyalty is questionable
    Mag'har: They seem to be the only race that really dont know any history or whats going on so there loyalty is still good but if Thrall talks to them.....
    Zandalari: Queen Talanji has reasons to be loyal but she isnt stupid plus she is a Queen and that title makes her weary of Sylvanas who atm outranks her in the Horde.

(I support Sylvanas BTW but i want to gauge the loyalty of the factions going into 8.3)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iambackagain666 View Post

Tauren: No
    Belfs: Soon to be no
    Orcs: Most will be undecided until Thrall Jesus shows up with Saurfang
    Trolls: They will follow Thrall and what the Orcs do
    Goblins: They will side with the winning faction so if it looks like things are slipping away for Sylvanas then they will walk.
    Pandaren: By the looks of it they have no reason to side with Sylvanas going into 8.3

Allied Races

Highmountain: They seems to be pretty pissed over what happened to Baine so thats a no for them
    NBelfs: They seem to think that Sylvanas is turning into Elisande so there loyalty is questionable
    Mag'har: They seem to be the only race that really dont know any history or whats going on so there loyalty is still good but if Thrall talks to them.....
    Zandalari: Queen Talanji has reasons to be loyal but she isnt stupid plus she is a Queen and that title makes her weary of Sylvanas who atm outranks her in the Horde.

(I support Sylvanas BTW but i want to gauge the loyalty of the factions going into 8.3)
    Tauren: no
    Belfs: we dont know, lotrhemar is leaving but his people he does not know
    Orcs: dont know either
    Trolls: seems like no
    Goblins: nah they will stay with sylvanas, war makes money, and shes making them a ton, why do you think gallywix went to her and her alone?
    pandaren: nah

allied races

Highmount: no of course
    nightborne: no
    Mag'har: yes, their leader is all for sylvanas and he style
    zandalari: she is half and half, she seems more on baines side though.

so your mostly right but there is a few that are abit off... maghar, and goblins for example, who are both very much with sylvanas
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I think you still have to count that blizzard started civil war between players and in game characters too. For example Sunreavers or some orcs that want to see Alliance burn in Alliance questlines don't want support rebelion i think. We have no informations about how big support racial leaders really have on their side or how big is whole rebellion. This is not pandaria where Garrosh just send all races to hell and they just haven't other option. Same is with Goblins. You can't just say that all of them are on Sylvanas side. Gazzlove is for example goblin with good heart and some forsaken like Voss? I can see her to change sides.

Most of the leadership is anti-Sylvanas by the end of 8.2, except Geya'rah and Gallywix. The masses however are on Sylvanas's side, with the possible exception of the tauren. Bob mentions she has the loyalty of the people and the devs emphasize her support among basically everyone except the leadership as well. We've also seen zero opposition from anyone except the higher ups all this time. This is likely set to change when Bob tells them she's an old god puppet, but as of what we have on-screen her public agenda has widespread support.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-05-21 at 08:26 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Most of the leadership is anti-Sylvanas by the end of 8.2, except Geya'rah and Gallywix. The masses however are on Sylvanas's side, with the possible exception of the tauren. Bob mentions she has the loyalty of the people and the devs emphasize her support among basically everyone except the leadership as well. We've also seen zero opposition from anyone except the higher ups all this time. This is likely set to change when Bob tells them she's an old god puppet, but as of what we have on-screen her public agenda has widespread support.
    The masses feelings dont mean shit in the Horde.

The civilians and soldiers of the Horde have always done what there leaders have told them to do.

Siege of Orgrimmar and what happened before and afterwards proved that.
    Last edited by Iambackagain666; 2019-05-21 at 08:36 AM.

The masses feelings dont mean shit especially in the Horde.

The civilians and soldiers of the Horde have always done what there leaders tell them to do.

Siege of Orgrimmar proved that.
    Their leader is Sylvanas, as she is the Warchief they have a blood oath to. The leaders themselves are jokes. Baine is arrested by tauren at Sylvanas' command, orcs attack Thrall and Saurfang, and even the Earthmother herself blesses war drums to help the war effort against the Alliance on behalf of a tauren still salty about Taurajo. Saurfang yelling at people not to fire at the tree didn't even get their attention, they just kept firing and then stirred the flames to torch the place.

In SoO all the non-orcs races had teamed up to defeat the orcs. Sentiment among the masses was against Garrosh at that stage, except for the orcs which the narrative never bothered going into except as fodder. With Sylvanas you need the extra step of revealing she's an old god puppet.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Their leader is Sylvanas, as she is the Warchief they have a blood oath to. The leaders themselves are jokes. Baine is arrested by tauren at Sylvanas' command, orcs attack Thrall and Saurfang, and even the Earthmother herself blesses war drums to help the war effort against the Alliance on behalf of a tauren still salty about Taurajo.

In SoO all the non-orcs races had teamed up to defeat the orcs. Sentiment among the masses was against Garrosh at that stage, except for the orcs which the narrative never bothered going into except as fodder. With Sylvanas you need the extra step of revealing she's an old god puppet.
    I support Sylvanas but i will stick my neck out and say by 8.3 she will not be outed as a old god puppet cause she aint a old god puppet.

Actually, the only people going rebel against Sylvanas are commanders.
    Forsaken: As zealous for the Dark Lady as ever.
    Zandalari: Still owe the Warchief their life's.
    Mag'har: They follow the Warchief because they can't feel honor without loyalty.
    Goblins: They're having a blast right now. Even if Gallywix is pushing them too far.
    Nightborne: Could do anything, but it seems not even Thalysra goes full Saurfang so not counting them so far.
    Highmountain Tauren: So far most likely race to rebel. But so far only one showing concerns is Mayla, rest of tauren are too busy assaulting Alliance warships, fighting people, and telling you Alliance arrogance has to be stopped.
    Blood Elves: The very moment Lor'themar joins Saurfang he admits he does so without any support from his people, hoping they'll understand. Considering Saurfang not even an hour before that fights Sunreavers supported by Jaina, I'd dare say we can't really count on blood Elves following Lor'themar on this one.
    Trolls: Possibly will go rebel, a bit of Rokhan support to Saurfang is hinted. But still no public display of support, only zappyboi and some totems.
    Tauren: Surprisingly, nobody seems to be following Baine this time. Tauren warriors go to battle remembering Taurajo, Tauren civiles ask successfully for Mother Earth to bless their war drums so they can kill more Alliance soldiers, there is even a Tauren arresting Baine.
    Orcs: Might go rebel, but so far seem super happy to fight for Sylvanas. Or have you ever seen orcs using blight weapons before?
    Pandaren: Who cares?

So far, and as Lor'themar admits in 8.2, Sylvanas holds the hearts of the people. Even recently the devs tell us Horde citizens follow her because she gives them a chance to terminate the eternal Alliance-Horde conflict once for all, something Saurfang, Baine and such, as defenders of the status quo, won't promise, not at least in terms any decent Horde citizen can accept.

I support Sylvanas but i will stick my neck out and say by 8.3 she will not be outed as a old god puppet cause she aint a old god puppet.
    I'm a lot more pessimistic on this than you, but in that case replace being an old god puppet with revealing she knew what was up with Ashvane and that the fleet was gonna be destroyed to free N'zoth. Basically, Sylvanas has the support she does in-story because her stated agenda is pro-Horde. If it turns out she was actually doing it to fuck around with other things, her support will weaken and you've got the revolution. Hence why Bob goes to tell the blood elves.

I'm a lot more pessimistic on this than you, but in that case replace being an old god puppet with revealing she knew what was up with Ashvane and that the fleet was gonna be destroyed to free N'zoth. Basically, Sylvanas has the support she does in-story because her stated agenda is pro-Horde. If it turns out she was actually doing it to fuck around with other things, her support will weaken and you've got the revolution. Hence why Bob goes to tell the blood elves.
    Ashvane was always gonna fuck over the Horde so i wasnt suprised she was gonna do that but damn was this GOT season 8 level of quick turns off screen with no build up development.

I honestly will never believe she is old god corrupted just someone who simply doesn't want to die and doesn't want her people to suffer the same fate that awaits her so she will throw the living to stop that from happening which you cant blame her for.

8.3 She will prolly find a mcguffin prolly tied to Ashzara and yada ya.. you can guess the rest.

Ashvane was always gonna fuck over the Horde so i wasnt suprised she was gonna do that but damn was this GOT season 8 level of quick turns off screen with no build up development.

I honestly will never believe she is old god corrupted just someone who simply doesn't want to die and doesn't want her people to suffer the same fate that awaits her so she will throw the living to stop that from happening which you cant blame her for.

8.3 She will prolly find a maguffin prolly tied to Ashzara and yada ya.. you can guess the rest.
    I've given up on them writing Sylvanas as anything but a strawman to jerk off over sadorcs and humans a patch ago. Sending assassins after Green Jesus for no reason is just the nail in the coffin. I would be open to her doing this to set up shop in Hell/the Shadowlands though.

And yeah, what was the point of Ashvane I'll never understand. She wasn't necessary for the business with the knaifu at all and it's not explained at all if and when she goes free, if she's with the fleet or what. I guess we'll see in 8.2's intro I suppose, but eh.

Well, I personally suspect we have her corrupted right now (and only right now) but somehow (even by deceit from her part if it turns out the case) she'll stop having the dagger, the actual source of corruption here, and could possibly make it alive to make some sort of Illidan out of herself.
    Not putting my hopes too high on Horde having anything better than Thrall, tho.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Goblins/Forsaken/Maghar. Maghar can be sheept by Thrall and Saurfang though. Doubt there's gonna be an interaction between them tbh.

I'll be very disappointed if blood elves unanimously follow Lor'themar. Otherwise they might without question, but not after the Honor-side ends up killing a bunch of Sunreavers in 8.2, alongside Jaina, their sworn enemy. If that event has the effect you'd expect it to it could be it was by design; Sylvanas fore-saw Lorthemar's defection and formed a plan to undermine the blood elves' loyalty to him.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Even if Geya'rah likes Sylvanas, I kinda have a hard time seeing Mag'har going against the MU Orcs.

As for Gallywix, his "loyalty" means exactly nothing, since he'll probably switcherrino the moment he's able to conclude which side is going to be the winning one.

Still, I think the whole divide doesn't necessarily have to be strictly race based in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I'll be very disappointed if blood elves unanimously follow Lor'themar.
    But who would oppose him... and why?

Their leader is Sylvanas, as she is the Warchief they have a blood oath to. The leaders themselves are jokes. Baine is arrested by tauren at Sylvanas' command, orcs attack Thrall and Saurfang, and even the Earthmother herself blesses war drums to help the war effort against the Alliance on behalf of a tauren still salty about Taurajo. Saurfang yelling at people not to fire at the tree didn't even get their attention, they just kept firing and then stirred the flames to torch the place.

One of the few beautiful parts of BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Maghar Orcs seem to be on board with Sylvanas, the Orcs (in general) seem to like her (but that might change with Thrall), Blood Elves may like her more than what we would expect (Lorthemar even question whenever his people will follow him and not her)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Belfs: we dont know, lotrhemar is leaving but his people he does not know
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Blood Elves: The very moment Lor'themar joins Saurfang he admits he does so without any support from his people, hoping they'll understand. Considering Saurfang not even an hour before that fights Sunreavers supported by Jaina, I'd dare say we can't really count on blood Elves following Lor'themar on this one.
    Has the BE lore been retconned or something? I mean, back in TBC it was explicitly shown that they were a totalitarian society.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2019-05-21 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    But who would oppose him... and why?
    Dudes who are more angry at Jaina and the Alliance than loyal to Lor'themar and their people. Of course, the vast majority will probably be on his side in a touching moment where Lor'themar realizes he could have made a move sooner, because his people love and care for him, and have mostly been following Sylvanas because they thought she had his approval.

And it will be both cheesy and corny as all fuck.