So I'm just doing the MSQ and roulettes to level at this point (65).

Do I really lose anything, the open world quests are just so bad that it kills my enjoyment.

Other than flying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    So I'm just doing the MSQ and roulettes to level at this point (65).

Do I really lose anything, the open world quests are just so bad that it kills my enjoyment.

Other than flying
    I'd reccomend doing the quests with pictures involved, so like if you talk to them and it shows a picture on the quest accept screen, those usually involve unlocks for beast tribes and other things, but other then that you can ignore the majority of side quests and fates and be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    I'd reccomend doing the quests with pictures involved, so like if you talk to them and it shows a picture on the quest accept screen, those usually involve unlocks for beast tribes and other things, but other then that you can ignore the majority of side quests and fates and be fine.
    apparently these are just high xp dailies for leveling alt, or is there something else to them.

I'm content with my white mage so I probably won't even level another class

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently these are just high xp dailies for leveling alt, or is there something else to them.

I'm content with my white mage so I probably won't even level another class
    other things included unlocks for other storylines like Doman Enclave etc its just a general good idea to do them so you don't hit many roadblocks in the future for stuff you want to unlock whether you think you will or won't.

Beast tribes also help for more then just exp they can unlock glams, mounts, alternate ways to gain crafting resources or furniture for houses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    other things included unlocks for other storylines like Doman Enclave etc its just a general good idea to do them so you don't hit many roadblocks in the future for stuff you want to unlock whether you think you will or won't.

Beast tribes also help for more then just exp they can unlock glams, mounts, alternate ways to gain crafting resources or furniture for houses etc.
    my buddies are feeding me necessary crafting stuff, I'll have to take a loot at the glams tho.

my buddies are feeding me necessary crafting stuff, I'll have to take a loot at the glams tho.
    i skipped all the beast tribe stuff, seems mostly like a waste of my time. I did only MSQ to 70 along with blue plus sign quests. (i got story boost and did dungeons from 15-60. 60-70 took about 3 days doing MSQ and roulettes)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Got down to London to see Distant Worlds, Susan Calloway on stage doing Answers and Dragonsong with the Royal Symphony Orchestra was great. Also lots of folks with their job pins on was neat to see. Surprised to hear a few people go 'but i thought the mmo was shut down?' in the intermission. Guess some folks just lost interest after the 1.0 "FF4.0" situation. Hell of an experience for a XIV fan though.
    Nice! I went to the London show back in 2017, it was a lot of fun! Did they play the opera from FF6? That was the highlight for me when I went. I hope to go again someday, though it'd be a lot easier if they came to play up in Edinburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i skipped all the beast tribe stuff, seems mostly like a waste of my time. I did only MSQ to 70 along with blue plus sign quests. (i got story boost and did dungeons from 15-60. 60-70 took about 3 days doing MSQ and roulettes)
    i gave up on msq at 52, friends payed to boost me through heavensward story, then I bought WHM to 60 and leveled my bard up

i gave up on msq at 52, friends payed to boost me through heavensward story, then I bought WHM to 60 and leveled my bard up
    yeah im very glad i boosted and rushed to max level, have been having a ton of fun gearing and going through savage fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    it just won't apply the plate unless you're in an instanced town/city.
    Which is absolutely idiotic and a restriction that needs to be done away with ASAP.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Which is absolutely idiotic and a restriction that needs to be done away with ASAP.
    I agree, It feels like such an unnecessary restriction. I hate getting a new piece of gear in a Dungeon and it making my outfit look shitty for a while XD

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    Nice! I went to the London show back in 2017, it was a lot of fun! Did they play the opera from FF6? That was the highlight for me when I went. I hope to go again someday, though it'd be a lot easier if they came to play up in Edinburgh.
    They did Dancing Mad on the huge organ, Heavensward, Dragonsong, Zanarkand, Suteki da ne, Chocobo Medley, Ignis' theme from his DLC and everything else was 7 music with 7 remake footage. Nice if you want to get excited for the remake, but shame stuff like the XI theme, the opera or any 8 music from past shows weren't included.

What's so great about that green robe? Looks quite ugly if you ask me and doesn't seem to fit a melee anyway.
    It depends entirely on your connection/like for the Templar (Holy) Knights from the FFT series. Since they're my favorite character and archetype (Hence why I play a PLD here and a Ret in WoW) The robed knight look is by far my favorite. It's why most of my glamours consist of trying to emulate it in some fashion.

Having the ability to rock a robe like that and dye it different colors (say Red for a Wiegraf look, Purple for a Vormav, and Green for an Izlude) is a big win to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I had the exact same thoughts.

I wish in Shadowbringers they'd give solo Player Limit breaks. Just have it like the adrenaline bar in PvP. Would be cool for solo player instance story area quests.
    Solo limit breaks would need to be actually interesting to use and meaningful, but I could definitely get behind the concept, and have even proposed it once before in a theoretical "how would Wreck design it" sometime back in early HW.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They did Dancing Mad on the huge organ, Heavensward, Dragonsong, Zanarkand, Suteki da ne, Chocobo Medley, Ignis' theme from his DLC and everything else was 7 music with 7 remake footage. Nice if you want to get excited for the remake, but shame stuff like the XI theme, the opera or any 8 music from past shows weren't included.
    When I went to DW (I think 2014?), FF14 wasn't really in the script yet, but I did get to see Nobuo come out on stage and play his favorite song on the organ. He chose World of Ruin? I think it's called the world map theme from FF6. Supposedly at the time it was the first time he performed in the US.

What I'd give for a Answers with Susan though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Solo limit breaks would need to be actually interesting to use and meaningful, but I could definitely get behind the concept, and have even proposed it once before in a theoretical "how would Wreck design it" sometime back in early HW.
    I wouldn't even need them to be interesting, I'd just like the Class specific ones maybe at a weaker version to not make it too broken. So many cool looking LB's yet I rarely ever get to see them on my Class because Someone else always inevitably jumps the gun and uses the LB at like 15% boss HP.

It feels like a waste not being able to see these more often.

You can already do that. You link a glamour plate to your gearset, it just won't apply the plate unless you're in an instanced town/city.
    I haven't touched the glamour plate system yet, I didn't pay much attention to it when it was rolled out as it just looked like a more complicated way to do what could already be done...I'll definitely have to check that out tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

You can already do that. You link a glamour plate to your gearset, it just won't apply the plate unless you're in an instanced town/city.
    Do you mean that you can't apply the glamour unless you're in a town/city or that the glamour won't show up unless you're in an instanced town/city? I'm guessing it's the former....just have to ask, because I've seen some really stupid shit in MMO's like this before.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't even need them to be interesting, I'd just like the Class specific ones maybe at a weaker version to not make it too broken. So many cool looking LB's yet I rarely ever get to see them on my Class because Someone else always inevitably jumps the gun and uses the LB at like 15% boss HP.

100% agreed.

There are some amazing looking Limit Breaks. I can't remember ever seeing the Machinist one, I don't really remember what the Summoner one REALLY looks like, I don't know if I've ever seen the Warrior one, and I honestly haven't paid enough attention to know the difference in animations between the Healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I haven't touched the glamour plate system yet, I didn't pay much attention to it when it was rolled out as it just looked like a more complicated way to do what could already be done...I'll definitely have to check that out tonight.
    Honestly the Glam Plate system is amazing. Being able to set up an entire look with dyes included to apply in any city is awesome. Since once you have the Plate you don't have to use Prisms or dye on any new pieces of gear if you want to keep the exact look.

Honestly the Glam Plate system is amazing. Being able to set up an entire look with dyes included to apply in any city is awesome. Since once you have the Plate you don't have to use Prisms or dye on any new pieces of gear if you want to keep the exact look.
    Yeah, been reading more up on it since I saw the post. Definitely need to look into it. One question first. Does creating a Glam Plate destroy the item you use to creat the glamour? ie If I use my Red Mage AF to create a glamour plate for my Red Mage, will the AF pieces get destroyed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yeah, been reading more up on it since I saw the post. Definitely need to look into it. One question first. Does creating a Glam Plate destroy the item you use to creat the glamour? ie If I use my Red Mage AF to create a glamour plate for my Red Mage, will the AF pieces get destroyed?
    You use a Glamour Prism to place the item in the Glam dresser, doing so removes all soulbinding/Materia and Places it in the dresser as just the "look" of the item. Though once you make a glam plate out of it and dye it etc and save the look as a plate, you can choose to retrieve the item back to your Inventory. But as said, without the Soulbinding/Materia that was previously on it. Which I didn't find too bad anyway, since Soulbinding is only useful for turning things into Materia and if I want to keep the item I wouldn't destroy it anyway.

I.e. I put my 290ilvl weapon in as a Glam then realised I needed it for Eureka relic steps, so I took it back out of the dresser yet glams I had made with it retained it's look.

The Glam dresser is actually a pretty good way to open up some space if you have gear you like to use for glamour but don't want to carry around.

Also, the Glam plates are great for being able to see what a full outfit looks like dyed without having to preview it piece by piece.

Also Glam plates follow equip rules, if you made a plate with "all class" items but the Weapon of a certain class, using that glam plate whilst in a different Job would still glam everything else except the weapon (or any armour piece that is incompatible)

I quite literally went from hardly glaming at all in FF14 to it being one of my biggest activities to find new looks with the plate system.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2019-05-21 at 02:43 PM.

You use a Glamour Prism to place the item in the Glam dresser, doing so removes all soulbinding/Materia and Places it in the dresser as just the "look" of the item. Though once you make a glam plate out of it and dye it etc and save the look as a plate, you can choose to retrieve the item back to your Inventory. But as said, without the Soulbinding/Materia that was previously on it. Which I didn't find too bad anyway, since Soulbinding is only useful for turning things into Materia and if I want to keep the item I wouldn't destroy it anyway.

I.e. I put my 290ilvl weapon in as a Glam then realised I needed it for Eureka relic steps, so I took it back out of the dresser yet glams I had made with it retained it's look.

The Glam dresser is actually a pretty good way to open up some space if you have gear you like to use for glamour but don't want to carry around.

Also, the Glam plates are great for being able to see what a full outfit looks like dyed without having to preview it piece by piece.

Also Glam plates follow equip rules, if you made a plate with "all class" items but the Weapon of a certain class, using that glam plate whilst in a different Job would still glam everything else except the weapon (or any armour piece that is incompatible)

I quite literally went from hardly glaming at all in FF14 to it being one of my biggest activities to find new looks with the plate system.
    Thanks for the rundown, I'll definitely be working on this tonight, lol. Well there goes my evening. Definitely didn't see how much better this is that the old system...I've just been keeping stacks of Glamour Prisms in my bag so I can Glam on the go when I get a new piece of gear that looks hideous. Really wish you could undo it just as easily though, think it's a bit dumb that you have to have a separate item to undo the glam from a game play stand point. I get the "lore" around it...but it just feels silly.

Really makes me wish for something like the WoW Transmog system where the item look is saved and you can apply it to whatever. Though the SW:ToR and LotRO versions are just as good IMO, if not a little better. WoW's just saves a ton of space. SW:ToR and LotRO both use the same system where you have your equipped gear slots and then have a separate "glamour" slot and the glamour one is the one that you see, so you don't have to constantly update the look every time you get a new piece or set of gear.

Just out of curiosity, when do you believe that someone SHOULD use LB? 15% is actually a good time to use it (assuming you've built max up and it's safe to do so).

I do agree that not getting to see them more often does suck, but then again I play PLD and mine is by far the worst looking in the game so I don't mind too much lol.