Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Not to mention Lightforged Draenei that also look just like Draenei when wearing armor and DiD that look just like regular dwarves when wearing armor. Alliance has some of the most boring races tbh. Regular humans, medium sized humans, small humans, fat humans, furry humans, Draenei, Lightforged Draenei, Dwarves, dark iron dwarves, night elves and void elves.

Either way, I’m really hoping for something different. Something that’s new and unique visually. Look at how popular Zandalari/Void elves are. They’re two races that look very different visually and provide a new aesthetic for each side. The least popular ones are the ones that could’ve easily been customization for the regular races. Now we’re about to get gnomes with more customization and horde will get something that looks completely new. I’m not upset about what horde gets I just dislike the alliance allied races so far, feels kinda low effort.

Regardless I don’t play horde that much but I wouldn’t make a vulpera even if I were exalted. Just don’t like the style and they probably wouldn’t be able to be Paladins so it doesn’t matter anyway.
    Human
    Hairy Humans
    Nautical Humans
    Short Human
    Short Sooty Humans
    Tiny Humans
    (WiP)Tiny Robot Humans
    Elves
    Spooky Elves
    Goat Aliens
    Glow-in-the-Dark Goat Aliens
    Pandaren

And then people wonder why the Alliance has a Human complex.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2019-05-21 at 10:55 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I do have my rep and achievements prepared. I would love to make a Vulpera shaman.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Mechagnomes I can see, because it'll be lazy as they can re-use the skeletons and whatnot. I don't see Vulpera happening because it's too unique. That's way too much work and Blizzard is lazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I don't see Vulpera happening because it's too unique. That's way too much work and Blizzard is lazy.
    The vulpera player models are done and have been in the files since beta. Fully customizable with different face shapes and fur patterns. Both genders, even with some unique animations. Different from the NPC vulpera models.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    Mechagnomes I can see, because it'll be lazy as they can re-use the skeletons and whatnot. I don't see Vulpera happening because it's too unique. That's way too much work and Blizzard is lazy.
    They already laid out most of the work on vulpera models. There's only a few adjustments to be done: resize shoulder gear, fit the helmets, add some specific gear geosets and finish some of the animations (like /dance). Their model was already in a more advanced state than kul tiran's when the expansion launched.
    Whatever...

So much hate for the mechagnomes. It’s not like they can’t add more customizations before they’re released
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t. Some are still at Revered.
    Respect. Either you don't play or you must be trying your hardest to actually avoid these factions..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Things like good racials, interesting races, or even cinematics aren't to be wasted on the Alliance. It just really seems like Blizz is out of touch with their player-base and or just shrug off negative commentary from the community in lieu of whatever echo-chamber of ideas they have going on at HQ.
    Given how this is the default reply they get no matter what they do about Alliance, is anyone actually surprised? Blizzard's sucking has a billion different layers, but in this they are completely right. Trying to appease Alliance players is a completely wasted effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So much hate for the mechagnomes. It’s not like they can’t add more customizations before they’re released
    Junker gnomes will always be a niche race. It's in their very nature.

Nothing wrong with that, I think the real problem (specially for Alliance) is that people are finding all, or most, allied races really lackluster, so they kinda hope "the next one should be awesome to compensate".
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Junker gnomes will always be a niche race. It's in their very nature.

Nothing wrong with that, I think the real problem (specially for Alliance) is that people are finding all, or most, allied races really lackluster, so they kinda hope "the next one should be awesome to compensate".
    The only thing I can see making junker gnomes not be a niche race is what the(maybe) next class is. On the other hand I’d pick them over regular gnome

Watch Mechagnomes get robo-druid forms.

Just watch. They're lacking Shamans and Paladins on beta. Their gimmick class may be "druids".

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    The only thing I can see making junker gnomes not be a niche race is what the(maybe) next class is. On the other hand I’d pick them over regular gnome
    Yeah, I'm kinda hoping for tinker because it could be a class aimed to improve less played races, like gnomes, goblins, junker gnomes, dwarves and others, while leaving popular races like humans and elves out. It would be good for the game to provide interesting unique options to otherwise lackluster races.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    If Tinker is the next class, I would hope it would be along the lines of Demon Hunters. It ought to be exclusive to gnomes and goblins, as well as their inevitable allied counterparts of mecha-gnomes and vulpera. Furthermore, since mecha-gnomes + vulpera are likely the last allied races attached to this expansion, Blizzard could incentivize unlocking them by having a pre-order bonus like they did with Legion for the DH.

More on topic: it's hard to believe any relatively active Horde player doesn't have Voldunai at exalted by this point. I had all reps exalted within a month of release in order to get all the toys and gear. It is pretty funny though that the Alliance gets continually shafted by having to grind reputations added way later.
    Last edited by saintminya; 2019-05-21 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    If Tinker is the next class, I would hope it would be along the lines of Demon Hunters. It ought to be exclusive to gnomes and goblins, as well as their inevitable allied counterparts of mecha-gnomes and vulpera. Furthermore, since mecha-gnomes + vulpera are likely the last allied races attached to this expansion, Blizzard could incentivize unlocking them by having a pre-order bonus like they did with Legion for the DH.

More on topic: it's hard to believe any relatively active Horde player doesn't have Voldunai at exalted by this point. I had all reps exalted within a month of release in order to get all the toys and gear. It is pretty funny though that the Alliance gets continually shafted by having to grind reputations added way later.
    I'd like to see more options. DHs offer no option: you choose faction then class, and that's it. They really should have stretched the lore a little and allowed "fel orcs" and "eredar" as demon hunters.

For me, possible tinker races should include at least: gnome, junker gnome, dark iron dwarf, goblin, mag'har and vulpera. Other possible inclusions: dwarf and lightforged draenei, but I don't know which Horde races could balance that (if any balance is needed at all).
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I mean... it’s obvious mechagnomes and Vulpera will be the next allied races in 8.3 Do you have the Volundai rep at exalted and will you be playing a Vulpera? If so what class? I’ll probably make a Vulpera rogue
    But will it be Voldunai rep?

I mean, horde will have their new allied race for free... but what about alliance? I guess the new Island reputation is what will be needed for mechagnome, or not?
    The other BFA allied reputations are not mechagnome related.

I have no particular intention of playing one but I obviously have it up because the reps aren't that hard to max. The allied race scenario could be fun though. Might we finally face the fabled Purge Squad? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'd like to see more options. DHs offer no option: you choose faction then class, and that's it. They really should have stretched the lore a little and allowed "fel orcs" and "eredar" as demon hunters.
    I agree, it'd be nice if they had allowed Orcs and Draenei to be DH. Or if they at least allowed Nightborne and Voidelves to be. For Tinkers though, I do agree that Dwarves would fit, but I don't really think any other Horde races fit to balance things out.

Obligatory on-topic comment: It is refreshing to see plenty of other players not only excited for Vulpera, but also planning to make them a rogue. Ever since they became evident as a future allied race, I've been getting psyched to level my first rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    I agree. Horrible race
    No, what you think of are Spacegoats and Wherewolfs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how this is the default reply they get no matter what they do about Alliance, is anyone actually surprised? Blizzard's sucking has a billion different layers, but in this they are completely right. Trying to appease Alliance players is a completely wasted effort.
    You’re the last person who should be chiding anyone for faction specific complaints considering your one-track mind when it comes to defending Horde and can never seem to be appeased yourself .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I swear to god, mechagnomes will be the beautiful capstone of disappointment on the mediocrity mountain of allied races.

I know it's very likely coming but holy shit is it a waste of time to develop a race that unpleasant looking.
    They should have been completely mechanical. It would have been really neat to be able to be a small, playable robot.