Thread: Thrall

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    While I'm fine with Thrall as a character, I felt his personal story had reached a dizzying high and had fallen back in a complete arc - bringing him back feels both unnecessary and forced. I'm all for an interest new turn on the character, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we're not going to be getting that once all is said and done. It's good to see him again, but I'm of the mind that this will ultimately pan out to be an unnecessary cameo created for purely ulterior purposes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The horde has become 90 % elves and therefore sucks. The cool horde is dead.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    How can you accuse me of not understanding the Horde or Thrall after writing something as wrong at that
    How can you consistently fail to grasp characters and why people like/dislike then and yet so confidently seek to lecture others on why are wrong?

Thrall isn't like Sylvanas or Garrosh in the sense he didn't see the need to be at constant war with the Alliance
    You're right, instead he was willing to let the orcs starve out of Penance, failed to truly understand his own people's culture or ways, denounced them in public but then did nothing to decry the Warsong who raided Ashenvale, showing weakness in leadership and standards. Even then his genuine desire to make the Horde strong, misguided as it was kept people liking him until cata where he was warped into Green Messiah.

accept it, what you want for the Horde is just flat out the minority opinion. People were perfectly happy with Thrall and his Horde for years, and they were happy when we started to see that sort of Horde again with Vol'jin - the problem with your idea of the Horde (which is flat out villainous whether you agree or not) - is that it's so bloody boring. "oh look, Sylvanas is doing something evil and doing her shit eating grin again what a twist" or "oh look, Garrosh is getting mad about his daddy being dead or saying something racist again, what a complex character".
    You're trying to say a Horde that attacked its neighbors was more interesting because the leadership was too afraid to acknowledge it rather than Horde leadership that activly works for the betterment of the Horde through the only language the world understands in this game, war.

The sooner Sylvanas gets deposed and hopefully killed off and the sooner you accept your arguments are just plain wrong the better.

The only thing Sylvanas's removal shows is that rather than settling for more complex issues and characters Blizzard fell back into it's saftey blanket, an eternally weakened Horde with leaders that care more about what the Alliance thinks about the Horde than ever actually doing anything for the Horde, unless its killing Horde soldiers in an attempt to make the Alliance like them.

You don't understand the Horde if you think Thrall's style of leadership was better off, and you don't understand Thrall if you think he was eternally loved, that recent interview with Afrasbi takes note of that. In Universe the Horde is tired of Thrall style leaders, who talk and talk and talk but do nothing to actually make their lives better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    How can you accuse me of not understanding the Horde or Thrall after writing something as wrong at that. Thrall isn't like Sylvanas or Garrosh in the sense he didn't see the need to be at constant war with the Alliance - accept it, what you want for the Horde is just flat out the minority opinion. People were perfectly happy with Thrall and his Horde for years, and they were happy when we started to see that sort of Horde again with Vol'jin - the problem with your idea of the Horde (which is flat out villainous whether you agree or not) - is that it's so bloody boring. "oh look, Sylvanas is doing something evil and doing her shit eating grin again what a twist" or "oh look, Garrosh is getting mad about his daddy being dead or saying something racist again, what a complex character".

The sooner Sylvanas gets deposed and hopefully killed off and the sooner you accept your arguments are just plain wrong the better.
    Your lecturing would have more to stand on if you didn't get things as wrong as saying Vol'jin's Horde was a repeat of Thrall's Horde. Vol'jin was many things, but he wasn't an Alliance appeaser like Thrall and if push came to shove, he'd actually defend his people from Thrall's human masters instead of turning a blind eye to their repeated incursions. Hell, he didn't even like humans all that much.

And funny how you berate Sylvanas or Garrosh for being boring when Thrall's built on the three pillars of Alliance appeasement, green guilt and general lack of involvement in Horde's affairs (even when he was its goddamn Warchief). Dirt is more complex than that. There is no basis to describe anything about Thrall's leadership as a twist even sarcastically, because his entire rule is a flatline on ECG. Thrall's entire character drains any potential for conflict, both internal and external, out of the Horde. And you can't have a story without some kind of conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Hello boys and girls!

I'm making this thread because I'm seeing a lot of hate towards Thrall, which in my personal opinion, is completely undeserved.

First off, I'd like to talk about his duel with Garrosh. People believe for some reason, that Thrall cheated by using his elemental abilities - this is a misconception. The rules of Mak'Gora are very simple: one weapon and no armor. There is no reference to magic, let alone forbid the use of such. Additionally, many Mak'Gora duels in orcish history have seen use of magic.
    Wrong.

No magic is to be used. Hand to hand combat, or a weapon only. No Magic. That is why, and the movie is a great example of this, when magic is used, its considered dishonorable and cheating. Remember when Gul'dan used fel magic at the end? So you're entire argument is pretty much invalid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etWWIRlDW4M

Just in case you forgot. Magic is NOT ALLOWED. So yes, Thrall CHEATED.

Magic is allowed, Thrall used it in his first Mak'Gora with garrosh back in the pre-wotlk patch. There were no complaints.

Only mistake Thrall ever made was making Garrosh warchief.

He took his people from prisoners in camps to a world super power in less than a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Wrong.

No magic is to be used. Hand to hand combat, or a weapon only. No Magic. That is why, and the movie is a great example of this, when magic is used, its considered dishonorable and cheating. Remember when Gul'dan used fel magic at the end? So you're entire argument is pretty much invalid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etWWIRlDW4M

Just in case you forgot. Magic is NOT ALLOWED. So yes, Thrall CHEATED.
    Source for magic not allowed?

Btw movie is not canon, and there is a difference between Fel magic (which Gul'dan uses) which is seen by everyone, even human, as dishonorable and shameful and shamanistic powers which are part of orcs traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Source for magic not allowed?

Btw movie is not canon, and there is a difference between Fel magic (which Gul'dan uses) which is seen by everyone, even human, as dishonorable and shameful and shamanistic powers which are part of orcs traditions.
    Also if the elements decided it was against the rules then they would have just refused to help in the duel.