4k 144hz Build ideas

Hello I would like to get a build that could handle 4k at 144hz mainly (PUBG)

Budget (£2000-£3500) Will go up to 4k if worth in the long run. (Not including monitor) Will be using the Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ
    Resolution (4K)
    Games / Settings Desired (PUBG Low settings I want consistent frames at 144)
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) No
    Country (UK)
    Parts that can be reused (None)
    Do you need an OS? (Yes)
    Do you need peripherals (If you know of a nice headset that isn't logictech)

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legit question: Why go 4k if you'll be running on low settings? That, to me, doesn't make any sense. I'd much rather go down to 1440p and have higher quality textures than 4k and textures that look like ass

15+ Year Old Account
    Temp name, you didn't fall for this did you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Usually, having details on low settings in FPS games make you see things more clearly. For example, you are not blinded by foliage when someone ducks in bushes. You can see much clearer position of an opponent when settings a lower. Which is kind of a problem, as a company, you want more people to play your game but when it comes to "realism", they would have to prevent people to reduce their settings.

EDIT: I would suggest OP to look for GPU that can support that.
    Yeah, but people who care about that stuff also care about more fps.. Which would mean they'd probably buy a 1080p 240hz display instead.
    4k 144hz seems like a weird combo for that

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Temp name, you didn't fall for this did you?
    I mean, it's most likely a troll, but on the off chance it isn't, I figured it'd be worth trying to help..

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah, but people who care about that stuff also care about more fps.. Which would mean they'd probably buy a 1080p 240hz display instead.
    Console guys love upscaled 4k at 25 fps
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I mean, it's most likely a troll, but on the off chance it isn't, I figured it'd be worth trying to help..

I already own the monitor by chance and I would like to get a build that can use the screens potential.
    The low settings are just what I'm used to and I doubt that I could get a build that could handle higher graphics settings without framedrop.
    Last edited by inkz123; 2019-05-21 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inkz123 View Post
    I already own the monitor by chance and I would like to get a build that can use the screens potential.
    The low settings are just what I'm used to and I doubt that I could get a build that could handle higher graphics settings without framedrop.
    Yeah okay. I'm at work right now so can't put together a list, should be able to when I get home if I remember.

- - - Updated - - -

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£361.98 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£67.25 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£182.62 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£78.18 @ Aria PC)
    Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£123.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£53.10 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card (£1166.49 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£67.13 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£85.47 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £2185.22
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-22 13:03 BST+0100

Stuck close-ish to 2k.. Mostly by accident.

Upgrades that might serve a purpose:
    Replace the DRP4 with an AiO for looks. Corsair H-series is nice.
    Replace case with something you like better. Might I suggest Lian-Li?
    More storage
    Replace PSU with a fanless model.. It's not cheap though

Upgrades you can do if you wanna throw away money:
    Replace CPU with a 9900k. The only perforrmance gain in (most) games comes from the higher binning, it's the exact same silicon. Also with the problems regarded Hyperthreading on Intel, it might be better not to get a chip with it.
    Get another 2080ti for lulz. Would require a better PSU too, ~850W should be fine
    Upgrade to 32/64GB of RAM
    Upgrade to a 1200+W PSU

Those things said, AMD is releasing/revealing their new CPU's in a little while, might be worth it to hold on until they do to see if they shake up the market

10+ Year Old Account
    You arent going to be playing at 144 hz 4k with a single 2080 ti with any meaningful fps.

Yeah okay. I'm at work right now so can't put together a list, should be able to when I get home if I remember.

- - - Updated - - -

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£361.98 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£67.25 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£182.62 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£78.18 @ Aria PC)
    Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£123.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£53.10 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card (£1166.49 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£67.13 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£85.47 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £2185.22
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-22 13:03 BST+0100

Stuck close-ish to 2k.. Mostly by accident.

Upgrades that might serve a purpose:
    Replace the DRP4 with an AiO for looks. Corsair H-series is nice.
    Replace case with something you like better. Might I suggest Lian-Li?
    More storage
    Replace PSU with a fanless model.. It's not cheap though

Upgrades you can do if you wanna throw away money:
    Replace CPU with a 9900k. The only perforrmance gain in (most) games comes from the higher binning, it's the exact same silicon. Also with the problems regarded Hyperthreading on Intel, it might be better not to get a chip with it.
    Get another 2080ti for lulz. Would require a better PSU too, ~850W should be fine
    Upgrade to 32/64GB of RAM
    Upgrade to a 1200+W PSU

Those things said, AMD is releasing/revealing their new CPU's in a little while, might be worth it to hold on until they do to see if they shake up the market
    That's quite similar to my rig (gpu is Rog Strix 2080TI) and both Anthem and TD2 go down to 80-90 fps at 2440 at max details, no way of running 4k at 144hz without SLI
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    That's quite similar to my rig (gpu is Rog Strix 2080TI) and both Anthem and TD2 go down to 80-90 fps at 2440 at max details, no way of running 4k at 144hz without SLI
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    You arent going to be playing at 144 hz 4k with a single 2080 ti with any meaningful fps.
    On min settings in a B-tier game? It's possible. I have no idea how badly optimized it is though

10+ Year Old Account
    On min settings in a B-tier game? It's possible. I have no idea how badly optimized it is though
    There is a possibility maybe i dont know, i have the exact same results with my 80ti as D3athsting does. Even Apex legends caps it at 100 percent for 1440p and barely eeks out 144 fps. I wouldnt count on it though. I will say the monitor will be future proof for quite a while!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealing Techspot's results:

A 1080ti can do ~50fps at 4k max. A 2080ti is about 33% more powerful. So that gives us ~65fps. Then dropping from max to min could probably double the fps, depending on how well optimized the game is. Which again, I have no idea about. 144hz might be a bit much, but from what I've found online, PUBG literally just dies with SLI enabled, and it's going out of favour in general, so wouldn't recommend it