Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The fact that she has never played a game suggests that her opinion of what she imagines she might like is subject to some mysterious bias. I wonder what that might be?
    well, to be fair, it came up in context within 2 old vanilla players.. me and one of her gf's husband (my pal too).

He was an old vanilla player who doesnt have interest in it, and i said i did. She said she'd like to try gaming and maybe start that with me if i didnt mind if she held me back. i kept my mouth shut tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think amount of people jumping on classic will drop by 50% or more after the first month.
    I share your opinion about classic and I am a big fan of the album of Cloudkicker you use in your avatar!
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

It might for about a week, then all the players that started after WotLK will quit because it's too much work.

no, classic will not overtake retail.

not only have i not seen his newest video, ive never heard of him, and honestly dont really care for any streamers. they tend to be annoying, screaming, overly dramatic people that i just cant stand to watch or listen to. most people love that stuff. i dont.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    no, classic will not overtake retail.

not only have i not seen his newest video, ive never heard of him, and honestly dont really care for any streamers. they tend to be annoying, screaming, overly dramatic people that i just cant stand to watch or listen to. most people love that stuff. i dont.
    You are not alone!

I think mostly younger people like annoying and loud things/people
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that while modern bosses may indeed have more mechanics that you need to keep track of, often in Vanilla boss abilities will hit much harder and are sometimes extremely punishing.

Everyone recalls how hilariously easy Wrath Naxxramas was compared to Vanilla. One of the reasons why that was the case is because many of the boss abilities in Vanilla dealt almost as much damage then as they did in Wrath, despite healthpools in Vanilla being much smaller.

Also trash would respawn every 30 minutes in the original Naxxramas and for example Heigen the Unclean (the guy where you need to dance, as the slime comes up from underneath you) used to engage immediately after finishing the gauntlet before his room.

So while bosses may be more complex nowadays, they do not necessarily punish you as much for mistakes. A boss can have 3 abilities but when they're absolutely lethal that means the boss is more difficult than a boss with 10 abilities that barely hurt you. On top of that in Vanilla most classes did not have a defensive cooldown whatsoever. Mages had Ice Block, Paladins had Bubble and Warriors had Shield Wall and that's about it (Barkskin only reduced physical damage tanken and only by 20%). No Cloak, no Cheat Death, no Unending Resolve, no Turtle, no Dispersion etc. Same goes for selfhealing. Chances were if you goofed up you died.
    I'm just talking dungeons, I didn't get into raiding until Wrath.

Granted, I also played mage in vanilla and my experiences may be colored by that, but it was never really hard in dungeons. Sheep the target the tank told me to sheep, make sure it didn't wear off early, and single target the tank's target. Every now and then there would be a need to aoe but that was more situational than today.

- - - Updated - - -

If classic does overtake it, I think it will be very brief during its launch or only during retail content droughts.

Classic is sort of stuck in the fact that it won't ever get actual new content. It can't or it wouldn't be classic anymore. They can stagger the release of vanilla content artificially sure, but there won't actually be anything NEW in it. It will have a dedicated but ultimately niche playerbase in today's market. I think classic will do well enough to justify its development, but I don't think it will be as successful as it was in 2004.

And that's fine. It doesn't need to. It can just be classic and the people that enjoy it can enjoy it, it not overtaking retail won't be some kind of sign that it was a mistake and shouldn't exist.

No, too many people who think they want classic are going to hate classic. Look how much players bitched about the difficulty of Cata heroics after begging for a return to BC difficulty heroics. People bitch and beg for harder content then stop playing it as soon as they realize it isn't faceroll and lacks the conveniences and lobby playstyle of modern WoW.

It will, for the first week or so while everyone is trying it out.

After people realize how bad or overhyped it is, most of them will go back to BFA.

Now don't get me wrong, Classic will have a solid fanbase that will stay there probably for as long as it lasts, but that fanbase wont be bigger than 100k, and i think thats already too much.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    I think a lot of players will realize they are wrong, whenever they start to play classic.

Have you guys seen venruki newest video, he was one of the biggest naysayer and retail baby, but look at him now.
    Truth be told unless blizzard actually releases the metrics we'll never know. We can guess all we want but blizzard is only going to release info about active subs. I'll more than likely play both as many probably will. So sadly I think this will be argued over until the end of wow unless blizzard releases the info.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Too bad this is 1.12 AV so you're not getting your week long AV. If that's truly the only reason for you to play Classic, you might as well give up now.
    too bad AV will get added

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends if players make it past Hogger/each other.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Yes, the point he said was that being unprepared meant your raid wipes. As if that does not exist now. It's a stupid argument.
    It's really not. LFR and Normal are so easy you barely need anything than equipment. That was my point. Right now equipment is everything because you can easily outgear raids. Something you couldn't do in Classic.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Classic leveling was rather bad and the people who were willing to go though it dropped massively as time went on with 70% of new players not getting past level 10 in wrath. Rather it got better post cata Is debatable but it surly wasn’t good beforehand.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.game...-past-level-10

- - - Updated - - -

Most new players didn’t fall in love with wow when the market was worse off why would that change now when ever thing has moved to be faster?
    You man, are so delusional its insane, people fell in love with the game back in Vanilla BECAUSE of the journey, the leveling experience, the difficulty, lack of QoL etc..

And 70 percent of new players quitting before level 10? LOL! you pulled that number out of your ass?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You man, are so delusional its insane, people fell in love with the game back in Vanilla BECAUSE of the journey, the leveling experience, the difficulty, lack of QoL etc..

And 70 percent of new players quitting before level 10? LOL! you pulled that number out of your ass?
    Thoses are blizzard numbers not mine there’s a link to verify them in my very post. The facts don’t agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I left that out on purpose, glad someone else exists, but yes, insane gameplay value that Vanilla Rogue, at least it had Gouge, right?
    Vanilla Rogue PvP HAD WAY higher skillcap in vanilla than now, let me say it again. WAY HIGHER.
    Spell batching makes it even higher, go write vanilla rogue pvp in vanilla and compare to bfa lol, i think you will be quite surprised.

im already laughing about all those warrior scrubs thinking they are OP pvp beasts because they saw some youtube videos..
    they will realize sooner than later that warrior is shit without good equip and the most of the time u will spend walking slowly to ur target because u get slowed 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Thoses are blizzard numbers not mine there’s a link to verify them in my very post. The facts don’t agree with you.
    You are so dumb lol, you do realize its not because of the leveling experience people didn't get past 10.
    If you don't like an MMORPG you won't last ten levels no matter how awesome the MMO is.
    If you compare the leveling experience in BFA to VANILLA and say BFA is superior your literally out of your mind lol.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    too bad AV will get added
    And it won't be the version that took weeks, but the ones without neutral troll graveyard, vastly nerfed NPCs and so on. It wasn't quite the blitz that it eventually turned into, but you're not getting your "dream version".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You are so dumb lol, you do realize its not because of the leveling experience people didn't get past 10.
    If you don't like an MMORPG you won't last ten levels no matter how awesome the MMO is.
    If you compare the leveling experience in BFA to VANILLA and say BFA is superior your literally out of your mind lol.
    I didn’t say bfa was superior. But again the facts don’t agree with you which is why blizzard got rid of the old leveling content. Rather the numbers went up after that we don’t know.

Vanilla Rogue PvP HAD WAY higher skillcap in vanilla than now, let me say it again. WAY HIGHER.
    Spell batching makes it even higher, go write vanilla rogue pvp in vanilla and compare to bfa lol, i think you will be quite surprised.
    it was because there were no diminishing returns to the skill cap