Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    One issue with ressurection. People get fed up with the same shit. That's why they created the route that an alternate reality persona exists apart from the main timeline. This introduces a new sci-fi/quantum physics/metaphysics concept in-ganme.

Unfortunately WoD is Wacraft 1 in WoW's MMORPG setting. They're all dead and missing similar to Alleria and Turalyon. The only way for them to be reintroduced is perhaps another timeline where we go back in time. It is the only way.

They might not go the necro shit since it's the LK type of thing and Orcish society aren't into ressing the dead type of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you heard about ancient artifacts found around the well when Dark Trolls discovered it and it has some titan related infrastructures?

Heck, even Yogg'saron is fought on top of an almost identical well.Y'shaarj's heart was also dropped at a fountain.

See the pattern?

Even if we say bringing MU Gul'dan back is out...it didn't HAVE to be Gul'dan in that role. If WOD had taken place on Azeroth or soemwhere else in the main timeline it could have easily built up a new character into that position. There's no reason it HAD to be gul'dan who opened the portal other than fanservice because MU gul'dan went to the tomb of sargeras too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yes I'm sure, go read chronicles vol 1. You're wrong, it's the blood of Azeroth, it says this plainly on page 36:

"Y'shaarj was dead, but it's tendrils had bored more deeply through Azeroth than Amun'Thul had ever imagined. In excising the Old God from the world, he had inadvertently ripped and eternal wound in Azeroth's surface. Volatile arcane energies---the lifeblood of the nascent titan---erupted from the scar and roiled out across the world."
    It was but it never were if not for the Old God taking recidency over that spot. No dead old god, no well of eternity. See the details?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Even if we say bringing MU Gul'dan back is out...it didn't HAVE to be Gul'dan in that role. If WOD had taken place on Azeroth or soemwhere else in the main timeline it could have easily built up a new character into that position. There's no reason it HAD to be gul'dan who opened the portal other than fanservice because MU gul'dan went to the tomb of sargeras too.
    I think there is no existing character that was slowly built up to be par with Guldan except himself and his alternate timeline persona. It couldn't be Thrall since it has to be an Orc Warlock who is a lackey of the Burning Legion who is well versed with the power of the Twisting Nether and fel. If it was Nerzhul, he's currently not active in today's WoW's story telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was but it never were if not for the Old God taking recidency over that spot. No dead old god, no well of eternity. See the details?
    Literally irrelevant the the topic. The Old god being the cause of it has absolutely nothing to do with what it is, and what it is, is just a pool of Azerite caused by a deep wound, Chronicle vol.1 says this in plain text. It is not a portal, accept you are wrong and move on.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-21 at 05:06 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Literally irrelevant the the topic. The Old god being the cause of it has absolutely nothing to do with what it is, and what it is, is just a pool of Azerite caused by a deep wound, Chronicle vol.1 says this in plain text. It is not a portal, accept you are wrong and move on.
    Wrong. You have a shallow thought process my friend.
    No old god means no wound. No wound causing agent. No azerite and no WoE. Still, you don't understand and get the relevance?

Amanthul was irritated by the sight of Y'Shaarj that's why he angrily plucked him off Azeroth's surface. There is no way to patch up such massive wound like that even if they have titan like gauze pad existing back then.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-21 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. You have a shallow thought process my friend.
    No old god means no wound. No wound causing agent. No azerite and no WoE. Still, you don't understand and get the relevance?

Amanthul was irritated by the sight of Y'Shaarj that's why he angroly plucked him off Azeroth's surface. There is no way to patch up such massive wound like that even if they have titan like gauze pad existing back then.
    Literally none of that matters. What caused the wound does not change what the result of the wound is. It's just a pool of Azerite, whether it was caused by an old god or a fucking nuke it's irrelevant, the point is that it's just Azerite, it's not a portal, and it not being a portal destroys your entire theory for this post.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I think there is no existing character that was slowly built up to be par with Guldan except himself and his alternate timeline persona. It couldn't be Thrall since it has to be an Orc Warlock who is a lackey of the Burning Legion who is well versed with the power of the Twisting Nether and fel. If it was Nerzhul, he's currently not active in today's WoW's story telling.
    Actually there is and now she's in the forefront of BfA's story. The Seawitch of all seawitches, Queen Azshara. Well, that is after Guldan has been disposed. She is the only major NPC left who has knowledge of the Well of Eternity and WHY SHE WANTED TO USE THE WELL AS A PORTAL TO SUMMON SARGERAS.

Basically the same shit Guldan and the two Eredar leaders wanted, Kil'jaeden and Archimonde.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally none of that matters. What caused the wound does not change what the result of the wound is. It's just a pool of Azerite, whether it was caused by an old god or a fucking nuke it's irrelevant, it's just Azerite, it's not a portal.
    Lol. If Y'shaarj doesn't matter at all, there is no Well of Eternity. there is no Sundering. there is no Nazjatar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well... this certainly is a wild theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. If Y'shaarj doesn't matter at all, there is no Well of Eternity. there is no Sundering. there is no Nazjatar.
    I did not say Y'shaarj was irrelevant as a character, I said it's irrelevant to what the WoE is, the Old God being the cause of the wound does not change the fact that it's still just a fucking wound. You are claiming the WoE is a portal, you are factually incorrect, I have given you word of god proof from Blizzard itself that you are wrong, it is just a font of Arcane Energy, because it's just a pool of Azerite.

You are wrong, your theory is wrong. I'm sorry you wrote this whole thread up for nothing, but you need to accept facts.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-21 at 05:23 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did not say Y'shaarj was irrelevant as a character, I said it's irrelevant to what the WoE is, the Old God being the cause of the wound does not change the fact that it's still just a fucking wound. You are claiming the WoE is a portal, you are factually incorrect, it is just a font of Arcane Energy, because it's just a pool of Azerite.
    How can it be something irrelevant if Y'Shaarj or the old gods in general are the causative agent?

You will never have the World you currently know for what it is if not because of them. It would remain but a single land mass.

No scheming for nore than 10k years. No drawing and whispering of so called Elune to the then Dark Trolls and beckon them to live near it's banks, learn from it, understand it, utilize it.

You're just discrediting the fact that Mages rely on arcane energy to create a portal. That the portal is arcane energy and arcane energy is the framework of the portal thus portal=arcane energy. Similar to twisting nether=fel.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can it be something irrelevant if Y'Shaarj or the old gods in general are the causative agent?
    To the topic of this thread, it's irrelevant.
    You are claiming the WoE is a portal, the Old God is not relevant to that topic because what caused the wound does not change the fact that it is just a wound.

Again, I have given you word of god proof from Blizzard itself that you are wrong, it is just a font of Arcane Energy, because it's just a pool of Azerite.

You will never have the World you currently know for what it is if not because of them. It would remain but a single land mass.

No scheming for nore than 10k years. No drawing and whispering of so called Elune to the then Dark Trolls and beckon them to live near it's banks, learn from it, understand it, utilize it.
    Not a single bit of that is relevant to the topic of this thread... You are so desperately trying to be right that you are derailing your own thread.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just discrediting the fact that Mages rely on arcane energy to create a portal. That the portal is arcane energy and arcane energy is the framework of the portal thus portal=arcane energy. Similar to twisting nether=fel.
    Not relevant, again.

Arcane energy being able to be used to create a portal does not mean that all arcane energy is portals.

You are claiming the that WoE is itself a portal, it is not, it is just a font of arcane energy. The only reason it was able to make a portal is because mages took it's energies and bent them to that shape, it clearly does not do that on it's own or the mages wouldn't have needed to do jack shit. Portals are arcane energy, but arcane energy is not itself a portal without a mage to make a portal out of it, and where that resulting portal would lead is decided by the mage, not the arcane energy.

You are wrong, accept it and move on with your life.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-21 at 05:37 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are claiming the WoE is a portal, the Old God is not relevant to that topic because what caused the wound does not change the fact that it is just a wound.

Again, I have given you word of god proof from Blizzard itself that you are wrong, it is just a font of Arcane Energy, because it's just a pool of Azerite.

Not a single bit of that is relevant to the topic of this thread... You are so desperately trying to be right that you are derailing your own thread.
    Again, the topic of the post is about the existence of a very ancient portal other than the Great Portal found in Black Morass/Blasted Lands which is the Well of Eternity.

You're ignoring the fact that Queen Azshara intended to use the Well of Eternity AS A PORTAL TO SUMMON SARGERAS.

I can clearly see from your response that you lack knowledge about Warcraft and you are strictly basing your knowledge from Chronicles alone.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Not relevant, again.

Arcane energy being able to be used to create a portal does not mean that all arcane energy is portals.

You are claiming the that WoE is itself a portal, it is not, it is just a font of arcane energy. The only reason it was able to make a portal is because mages took it's energies and bent them to that shape, it clearly does not do that on it's own or the mages wouldn't have needed to do jack shit. Portals are arcane energy, but arcane energy is not itself a portal without a mage to make a portal out of it, and where that resulting portal would lead is decided by the mage, not the arcane energy.

It is you that you have to move on because clearly you are making a fool out of yourself.

One of arcane power's expression and manifestation is, guess what: a portal.

Arcane magic is a portal. It is an explosion, it is locomotion.
    Well of eternity is arcane magic, a pool of it. Therefore it is,was, and will be used as a portal.

I'll definitely call upon your name and mention you infinetely once we go to that next episode so people will remember you for what you stand for.

The only irrelevant thing here is your silly way of thinking. If not for the purpose of keeping this thread bumped and being discussed as often as it should, I would completely ignore you. But because of that at least I'll give you credit you deserve.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-21 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, the topic of the post is about the existence of a very ancient portal other than the Great Portal found in Black Morass/Blasted Lands which is the Well of Eternity.
    No it's not, because it's not a portal.

You're ignoring the fact that Queen Azshara intended to use the Well of Eternity AS A PORTAL TO SUMMON SARGERAS.

The WoE is not itself a portal, it's just a giant fucking arcane battery... Azshara used that battery to make a portal, the battery is not itself a portal.

I can clearly see from your response that you lack knowledge about Warcraft and you are strictly basing your knowledge from Chronicles alone.
    You obviously can't see anything clearly.

It is you that you have to move on because clearly you are making a fool out of yourself.
    You're the one making a fool out of yourself. I want you to move on because I hate arguing with people who blatantly ignore facts. I thought that you would act logically and concede after presenting you with word of god proof that you were wrong, but you're apparently so full of yourself that you think your fanfiction means more than the actual lore.

The WoE is not a portal, your fanfiction isn't gonna come true, sorry to be the one to break it to you.

I'll definitely call upon your name and mention you infinetely once we go to that next episode so people will remember you for what you stand for.
    Don't hold your breath, bub.

I stand for logic, factual evidence, and a non-biased interpretation of the lore. There is no logic to your theory, no factual evidence, and your interpretation of the lore is so extremely biased that you are reading between lines for things that don't exist entirely to pander to your fanfiction.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-21 at 05:50 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not, because it's not a portal.

The WoE is not itself a portal, it's just a giant fucking arcane battery... Azshara used that battery to make a portal, the battery is not itself a portal.

You obviously can't see anything clearly.

You're the one making a fool out of yourself. I want you to move on because I hate arguing with people who blatantly ignore facts. I thought that you would act logically and concede after presenting you with word of god proof that you were wrong, but you're apparently so full of yourself that you think your fanfiction means more than the actual lore.

The WoE is not a portal, your fanfiction isn't gonna come true, sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Don't hold your breath, bub.

I stand for logic, factual evidence, and a non-biased interpretation of the lore. There is no logic to your theory, no factual evidence, and your interpretation of the lore is so extremely biased that you are reading between lines for things that don't exist entirely to pander to your fanfiction.
    Then I'll gladly give the honors one day that Warcraft will have a quest, cinematic which uses the Well of Eternity as a portal. Tell me by that time it was never a portal and stick with your thinking that WoE never is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I'll gladly give the honors one day that Warcraft will have a quest, cinematic which uses the Well of Eternity as a portal. Tell me by that time it was never a portal and stick with your thinking that WoE never is.
    IF that happens, it will be because a mage used it as a source of energy to craft a portal, just like Azshara did, not because the WoE is itself a portal, so you'd still be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Not relevant, again.

srsly dude, stop! this guy is either trolling ( most likely ) or isnt capable of reading and understanding what you write. stop feeding the troll.
    You already said that its not A FUCKING PORTAL 10 times already and this guy just keeps saying it was inteded to be used as a portal, which by the way is just another way to confirm what you said IF ONLY he knew what the word "AS" means. shit man its painful to even read how he doesnt understand it let alone argue with him!

just watch how he cherry picks your lines:

its like saying potters clay is a jar because potters use it to create jar.
    magic users use all kinds of magic for all kinds of spells shaping the magic to what suits their goals.
    btw Im writing it for the first post I quoted and not the OP.
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2019-05-21 at 06:30 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    IF that happens, it will be because a mage used it as a source of energy to craft a portal, just like Azshara did, not because the WoE is itself a portal, so you'd still be wrong.
    Azshara is the grestest mage who is still alive! And that was her plans are even pre-sundering and the exact cause of the sundering. And I doubt she has ever changed her mind as she is the only living being who has access to it.

No matter how strongly resist and deny it. It is what it is. Using the well as a portal is it's grandest expression of power, form and capacity.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-21 at 06:33 PM.

I just realized that the Avenger's pulled a time heist just like we did in cata lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I just realized that the Avenger's pulled a time heist just like we did in cata lol.
    Finally, somebody agreeing with me. Thabknyoubfor mentioning it

15+ Year Old Account
    The well of eternity was used as the power source for a portal. It is not a portal itself. If it was naturally a portal then things could come and go from it as they pleased and the Legion would not have required agents to create a portal. The portal would not have been able to be shut down by Illidan and crew either. This is why several "mini-wells" were able to be created from vials Illidan gathered. These other wells were powerful but not portals. It is why the Legion was marching on Mt.Hyjal. To use it to power a portal. The well is also stated to be created by the Keepers in an attempt to seal and stabilize the wound.

Because something can be used to create a portal does not make it a portal. Azerite, which is what we know the well of eternity is made up of, can be used for many different things. It is a power source. Pretty much all lore sources say that Azshara and her followers created a portal at the will of Sargeras. Which means that one did not exist prior. If the Well was a portal they would not need to create one. And Sargeras could come through at any time.

Now there is some potential merit for the Maelstrom to be a portal. Deathwing used it as a portal of sorts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Finally, somebody agreeing with me. Thabknyoubfor mentioning it
    For sure, even had to return it. Well Nozdormu said he did at least, dun dun dunnnnn.