Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You're in absolute denial if you're seriously suggesting one particular religion is not responsible for most terror attacks.
    That’s the problem though this site doesn’t list verified terrorist attack it list violent crime and actions in war zones with nothing to back up links to terrorism. It would be like saying all of the war on terror was Christian terrorism because bush said god told him to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You are more likely to be killed by a Christian in the US as they commit most of the terrorist attacks. And using a propaganda website that tracks the whole world, means fucking nothing.
    Ah, so the rest of the world means "fucking nothing". I figured as much.

It's analogous to someone in 1939 saying that there is more chance of being killed by a falling tree than a Nazi in the US, as if global events aren't going to catch up with you eventually. This level of myopia is scary, but more or less ubiquitous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Islam literally calls itself the 'final religion', it believes the words of Allah are the last word, and it does cite non-Islam as deserving of violence. Does this mean that normal muslims are a risk? Absolutely not and I never claimed they were, the fact is most 'normal' muslims simply aren't following everything in their religion. You can disagree, but Islam as a RELIGION, not a group of people - incites violence, incest and death. And the people who commit atrocities in the name of that religion do so far more than anyone else carrying out attacks in the names of other religions across the world. It's really simple, people have a problem with islam, not islamic people. I believe the world would be better off without Islam - not Islamic people, but then I believe we'd be better of without most religions.
    Yeah, I'm really not going to continue derailing this thread with your attempt to justify and defend hate speech and bigotry.

Which is all you're doing, here.

Islam literally calls itself the 'final religion', it believes the words of Allah are the last word, and it does cite non-Islam as deserving of violence.

Does this mean that normal muslims are a risk? Absolutely not and I never claimed they were, the fact is most 'normal' muslims simply aren't following everything in their religion.

You can disagree, but Islam as a RELIGION, not a group of people - incites violence, incest and death. And the people who commit atrocities in the name of that religion do so far more than anyone else carrying out attacks in the names of other religions across the world.

It's really simple, people have a problem with islam, not islamic people. I believe the world would be better off without Islam - not Islamic people, but then I believe we'd be better of without most religions.
    Funny, Christianity says the exact same thing.

Vox at least does fucking journalism. But the Daily Signal? Not really. But good try. You are just showing how fucking partisan and gullible you are when it comes to websites.
    Like is said i never heard of that web site but i don't have to to know that if you think Vox is a serious news organization then "You are just showing how fucking partisan and gullible you are when it comes to websites".

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post

It's analogous to someone in 1939 saying that there is more chance of being killed by a falling tree than a Nazi in the US, as if global events aren't going to catch up with you eventually. This level of myopia is scary, but more or less ubiquitous.
    Actually Nazi groups and hate groups have been on the rise in the US since January 20th 2017.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Like is said i never heard of that web site but i don't have to to know that if you think Vox is a serious news organization then "You are just showing how fucking partisan and gullible you are when it comes to websites".
    So you admit you have no evidence, just whining and crying that your racist sites aren’t trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So you admit you have no evidence, just whining and crying that your racist sites aren’t trusted.
    The site i never heard of in now mine? Don't trust it then. Problem solved.

Funny, Christianity says the exact same thing.
    I believe the correct term for them is Easter Worship now.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    I dont see any evidence there either. Really cant you just post video of her saying it? It would make everything clear.
    Let's break it down, shall? Here's the whole statement:
    'Susan, I've known your address since last summer,' she said in the video. 'I've got a Luger and a mitochondrial disease. I don't care if I live.'

'Why should I care if you live or your children? I just called an Uber. You've got about seven minutes to draft up a will. I'm coming for you, and it ain't gonna be pretty.'
    The start of, "I've known your address since last summer," While not an implicit threat, it is the kind of threatening speech people use to scare other people.
    And then we see "I don't care if I live." which is very suggestive of someone willing to go to extremes.
    Next we see, "Why should I care if you live or your children?" Again, very much threatening speech, even towards Susan's children.
    "You've got about seven minutes to draft up a will." Now here's the first genuine threat. Why do people need wills? To make their last wishes known when they die. Susan is being told she has seven minutes before she dies.
    "I'm coming for you, and it ain't gonna be pretty." Does this really need further explanation? Or did you just want confirmation she actually said it?

No, it isn't on me that I think that Vox is credible, it is on you because you think they aren't. It is on you to post why they aren't.

Let's compare the Daily Signal and Vox.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/vox/ May have a strong left bias, but has a HIGH FACTUALITY rating. Something most right wing sources can't even manage.

Now, https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-signal/ Mixed for factuality, meaning it has failed fact checks or publishes outright false stories like they don't believe Climate Change. Which is understandable considering the funding the Heritage Foundation gets from Oil and Gas companies.

But you continue living in ignorance, come back when you have real proof that Vox is worse than any right leaning source that you can find.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Pretty sure it was before that... But alrighty.
    They have been emboldened, but we know the rise started when a black man was voted into the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    This girl is fucking insane, and/or the person that writes her shit is. This is child abuse, IMO. Somebody is exposing her to all this super far right trash (for real this time), and she's too young and her brain too receptive, so her parents need to fucking stop brainwashing her.
    So you say she has a different opinion than you...

7+ Year Old Account
    The site i never heard of in now mine? Don't trust it then. Problem solved.
    You’re the one whining about and defending it, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I literally just told you I'm not talking about actual people but the belief system - and still you're calling me a bigot. Why can't you use your head.
    You can't talk about a "belief system" without inherently talking about the believers who make up that system. They are that belief system. It doesn't exist outside of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yeah, I just sourced him, but he will claim that Media Bias Fact Check will be biased or wrong, just like all the Trump supporters and claim fake news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post

Well, when most of what is being said isn't sourced in their website, then yeah, the website is bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just sourced him, but he will claim that Media Bias Fact Check will be biased or wrong, just like all the Trump supporters and claim fake news.
    I know, I’m just waiting for the inevitable - “mediabiasfactheck and snopes are BIASED!” Then have them run away like the cowards they are when asking for boric.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can't talk about a "belief system" without inherently talking about the believers who make up that system. They are that belief system. It doesn't exist outside of them.
    I mean... there's the religious books that tell people how and why to do or think things. Those exist without believers.

Noting that your source is hate propaganda that misrepresents the facts is a fully-fledged argument.

It's just one you're whining about, because you don't have a valid defense.
    It was disingenuous hand-waving and didn't even attempt to grapple with the argument or data. Even if one grants that the site is propagandistic in nature, the data is not a matter of opinion, it's either veridical or not. If you have relevant evidence to the contrary then I would be glad to see it, likewise if you know of a more neutral source that lists this data then I would be happy to use this to make my argument instead.

Where are all the other attacks by other groups, for comparison?

When you focus exclusively on one group, you're not trying to understand an issue, you're engaging in propaganda.
    Are you suggesting there are any other groups that even come close to these numbers? There have been thousands upon thousands of Islamist atrocities since 9/11. It is self-evidently orders of magnitude higher than any other group you could list on a global scale, and so to even talk about comparisons is obscene.

The obsession with neutrality in the face of these realities is an unfailing sign of moral confusion and grotesque ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Well to be fair, you were and more likely to die from a falling tree than a Nazi in the US in 1939, and for the entirety of WWII. How many Nazis made it to US shores during the war after all?
    Thank you for driving home the point for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    That's nonsense lol. If literally nobody believed in Christianity tomorrow, Christianity wouldn't go away... It would just be waiting there to be picked up again immediately by other people. The belief system exists forever as long as humanity and records live.
    And without said believers, said system does not exist. That it could exist again does not mean it exists now. Nor does it mean a future resurgence would have anything in common with ancient beliefs; see modern Wicca, druidism, paganism for examples. Or heck, even Christianity and Islam itself, which were all resurgences of and modifications of a prior faith (Judaism and Christianity, respectively).

Not to mention, these things largely aren't concrete systems. There's a lot of variance and different sects and so forth. So treating them like single things is already misleading.