Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think we're done with Allied Races for now. I'd say 10% (maybe we're getting Gilblins and Mechagnomes) chance they'll release new Allied Races in BfA and in 9.0.

If anything, 9.0 will most likely add a new regular race.

And if they are going to actually add Vulpera, then they should be a proper race with a starting zone. They are a unique race after all and not a "subrace" of an existing playable race (talking about lore and how they look... and not from a technical perspective as how they've used the goblin model as a base to develop them). But personally I hope they don't add Vulpera at all and give the Horde some cool.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-05-17 at 04:33 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Well...

Definitely a spawn of Helya. Although these lack the crusted skin similar to Zandalar Trolls.

Look at those forearms! Such a good indication for an upcoming rigging for naga arms.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-17 at 05:43 PM.

Hopefully there won't be any new allied race ever again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well...

It's senseless if you live a subaquatic aquatic but once they started to be land dwellers, armor won't restric their movement and wear them down as it would pretty much be waterlogged, all soaked up or all rusty. They considered function vs. fashion first.

I believe the Undrowned would have a heritage armor similar to a scuba diver or something that has connection to deepsea activity.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-17 at 04:54 PM.

They created Female Gilblins to flesh out the Unshackled, not as set up for a Goblin AR. There is no reason they would create TWO models for Gilblin (pre and post HD Goblins) in the span of a few months for a midpatch: they'd just release the updated Gilblins first when they were relevant. They will no longer be relevant once 8.2.5 hits.

The Giblins got crap, Cata-tier models because the Goblin AR is Vulpera. Lore changes nothing about that fact (watch them reveal that Vulpera come from Goblins to get over this "hurdle").
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-05-17 at 04:59 PM.

There's only two allied races I want to see at this point.

Amani Trolls and Wildhammer Dwarves.

People say visual distinction of Wildhammers isn't strong, but in the lore they are supposed to be taller, leaner dwarves, which was only ever depicted in Warcraft 2 concept art (Metzen's leaner 'beardy dude' on a Gryphon). I think leaving the squat and stocky build for the Dark Iron and Bronzebeards would be the best, while Wildhammers could get a more taller model and be adorned with tattooes and bodypaint options.

Amani would be an updated version of their look. Bigger bodies, squared jaws and a thick-set brow. Give them throwing axes as a racial, like a clutch offense ability. Zul'jin in Heroes is the best example to draw from, look-wise.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-17 at 05:15 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

People say visual distinction of Wildhammers isn't strong, but in the lore they are supposed to be taller, leaner dwarves, which was only ever depicted in Warcraft 2 concept art (Metzen's leaner 'beardy dude' on a Gryphon). I think leaving the squat and stocky build for the Dark Iron and Bronzebeards would be the best, while Wildhammers could get a more taller model and be adorned with tattooes and bodypaint options.

Amani would be an updated version of their look. Bigger bodies, squared jaws and a thick-set brow. Give them throwing axes as a racial, like a clutch offense ability. Zul'jin in Heroes is the best example to draw from, look-wise.
    WC3 units: Axethrowers seems to be Amani.
    While Headhunters and spearmen are Darkspear.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They created Female Gilblins to flesh out the Unshackled, not as set up for a Goblin AR. There is no reason they would create TWO models for Gilblin (pre and post HD Goblins) in the span of a few months for a midpatch: they'd just release the updated Gilblins first when they were relevant. They will no longer be relevant once 8.2.5 hits.

The Giblins got crap, Cata-tier models because the Goblin AR is Vulpera. Lore changes nothing about that fact (watch them reveal that Vulpera come from Goblins to get over this "hurdle").
    I completely agree, just wanted to show the guy that there are female Gilblins by now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree, just wanted to show the guy that there are female Gilblins by now.
    This is a compelling evidence. As you can see Ankoan still doesn't have female models if they will try to introduce it as allied race 9.0 pre patch or 9.x proper.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, i have really been hoping for the Horde and the Alliance to fully "unite" their internal races, the Alliance uniting all the Dwarves (Wildhammer and Frostborne) and Draneai (Broken), the Horde uniting all Taurens (Taunka and Yongul) and Trolls.

Also with the introduction of the ability to hide chest pieces and gauntlets the tattooes and bodypaints become even more relevant of a customization.

Oh, I'm happy to be wrong. I was merely going by a previous post that I maybe misinterpreted as stating there were only male Gilblins in Nazjatar, haven't played it yet myself.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    having a female npc race is a good indicator of it being playable material.

New threads popping-up like mushroom similar to this. I know where you got the inspiration, just unadmittingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Evidence from bluepost for official announcement?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-21 at 04:18 PM.

Wildhammer Dwarves.

Plus, they could totally be retconned into Druids with Gryphon shapeshift models. In Legion there's an artifact quest where you have to enter the Emerald Dreamway from the Hinterlands and in there you get your new form from Ela'lothen <The Moonspirit>. Ela'lothen looks like this:

The cat form you get looks like this:

It would be ridiculously easy to retcon the Hinterland Wildhammer having Ela'lothen being a part of their culture and learning Druidic powers from her.

Failing that, have Wildhammer Hunters start with Feathermane training, and I'll actually roll a Hunter!

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Plus, they could totally be retconned into Druids with Gryphon shapeshift models. In Legion there's an artifact quest where you have to enter the Emerald Dreamway from the Hinterlands and in there you get your new form from Ela'lothen <The Moonspirit>. Ela'lothen looks like this:

The cat form you get looks like this:

It would be ridiculously easy to retcon the Hinterland Wildhammer having Ela'lothen being a part of their culture and learning Druidic powers from her.

Failing that, have Wildhammer Hunters start with Feathermane training, and I'll actually roll a Hunter!
    That's actually a pretty badass connection. I'd like a more gryphon feathery version of Bear and Cat forms for Wildhammer. It fits their visual look and would make sense.

For Amani, they kind of sell themselves with the animal Gods of Zul'aman. You have bear, lynx and a dragonhawk style boomkin form.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a pretty badass connection. I'd like a more gryphon feathery version of Bear and Cat forms for Wildhammer. It fits their visual look and would make sense.

For Amani, they kind of sell themselves with the animal Gods of Zul'aman. You have bear, lynx and a dragonhawk style boomkin form.
    Actually wildhammer dwarves are connected to Daval Prestor's land which is where Dragon Isle is. Who knows, they might be introduced in the pre9.0

I think Dragonmaw would be a better pairing with Wildhammer. They both hail from Twilight Highlands, both could/should be DK, both have an affinity for taming powerful beast, both take said beasts to the sky for arial combat, and dwarves have been paired with orcs once already.
    Amani could be Stromic Humans, little vrykuls in kilts, how adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I think Dragonmaw would be a better pairing with Wildhammer. They both hail from Twilight Highlands, both could/should be DK, both have an affinity for taming powerful beast, both take said beasts to the sky for arial combat, and dwarves have been paired with orcs once already.
    I don't think Dragonmaw would ever be considered an Allied Race. They're not visually distinct in lore, and they are by all means already in the Horde as a part of the Orc clans.

I think it's going down a rabbithole appealing to individual Orc clans. Blackrock is the most distinct of the bunch, and even then it's a stretch to make them an Allied race.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-21 at 07:29 PM.

You can pair by any method you want. Allied Races might not be paired, but so far they have been, to the point that I severely doubt one faction will ever get a Allied Race while the other does not.

As for Dragonmaw not being enough, without the retcon of Wildhammer Dwarves they too do not constitute enough difference to be an Allied Race. To be clear, I do think they should be an Allied Race.

The Orc clans are just as, if not more diverse than the three, by the way there's four Dwarf clans.

On the multiple conversations on the subject of Allied Races, one thing is clear, every player has their own definition or metric of what constitutes an Allied Race. Can't wait for all the notifications that tell me I'm wrong.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Now that you mentioned Dragonmaw do you know the Drsgonmaw clan has a huge role with the Demon chains that was used in the Dragon Soul.

Dragonmaw+Dragon Isle+ Dragon Soul
    And now introduced in bfA with its connection with HoA.

I would think more that Goblins came from Vulpera. The mutation was a result of generations of Kajamite use

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Dragonmaw would ever be considered an Allied Race. They're not visually distinct in lore, and they are by all means already in the Horde as a part of the Orc clans.

I think it's going down a rabbithole appealing to individual Orc clans. Blackrock is the most distinct of the bunch, and even then it's a stretch to make them an Allied race.
    Technically Blackrock is one of the Maghar AR skins