Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That depends. Is your definition of "rather large crowd" = tens of millions? That's what some people seriously claim and at that point it just becomes silly. Yes, all of vanilla subscribers were waiting 15 years for that moment and they didn't find another hobby in all that time. Plus they all quit for the exact same reason and want the exact same thing in their ideal game.

Of course there will be a "rather large crowd of people" enjoying Classic. But the hype is getting ridiculous... and footage from random streamer five days after beta starts doesn't count as proof of anything, so threads like these are largely meaningless. Like I said before, people were calling WoD "best expansion ever" within first week of its' release. Initial reactions can be highly rose colored and misleading.

Plus there's the part where streaming Classic right now can bring in some serious money. That tends to affect the validity of opinions somewhat.
    Tens of millions is absurd and I don’t even see people claiming that. What I’m referring to is the number of people claiming that nobody really likes vanilla and it’s gonna fail, and their entire basis for these claims is because they prefer the new version

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    Tens of millions is absurd and I don’t even see people claiming that. What I’m referring to is the number of people claiming that nobody really likes vanilla and it’s gonna fail, and their entire basis for these claims is because they prefer the new version
    Currently, both claims that "it will completely crush retail in popularity, revitalize WoW and force Ion to beg for forgiveness" and "it will flop immediately" have roughly as much sense. If anything, both sides aren't even stating their actual opinion, but reacting to borderline fanatical posts. You know the ones, "LFR is harder than everything in Naxx combined versus Classic was so hard that clearly it has to be bugged if people aren't wiping for hours in Deadmines beta."

And thread like this could just as easily have reversed its' title and be just as true. "One guy saw Classic and didn't like it" doesn't sound far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    You transplant your experiences and the experiences of a minority onto the majority.

Having such a short time to your work mean that you have less prep time and meaning you can get away with sleeping later. I had an internship that had me travel for 2 hours (public transportation sucks), for six months my WoW time dropped so much that I was offline for a month,

This put me on the high end of the average, you're on the low end, the average is in between.

I'm quite sure the majority can find time to play. Everyone I know that is an adult, both with or without family, have a lot of time they spend on hobbies. Gaming, cars, gardening or whatever they want. I dunno, we might just be superior in Sweden ^^

I watched that video, I'm pretty sure he got paid to say that. "You know guys, I know I said that Classic would suck but...." *massive pause, forced smile* "it didn't due to [insert generic reasons here]".

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think SOME people will enjoy Classic, but that guy's video was sponsored content.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I watched that video, I'm pretty sure he got paid to say that. "You know guys, I know I said that Classic would suck but...." *massive pause, forced smile* "it didn't due to [insert generic reasons here]".

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think SOME people will enjoy Classic, but that guy's video was sponsored content.
    He didnt, its the trend.

Asmontard made what? 20k in 2 hours pretending game is hard and making private server babies sub.

People are sheep, and they will part with their money very easily, he is just riding the hype train for $$.

Same way how sodapopping did 4 hours WC and you have non-streamers on here cleaving it down in what? 1h? because thats what streamers do, ride the hype train, "Entertainment" for plebeians and make money easy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    He didnt, its the trend.

Asmontard made what? 20k in 2 hours pretending game is hard and making private server babies sub.

People are sheep, and they will part with their money very easily, he is just riding the hype train for $$.

Same way how sodapopping did 4 hours WC and you have non-streamers on here cleaving it down in what? 1h? because thats what streamers do, ride the hype train, "Entertainment" for plebeians and make money easy mode.
    You couldn't sound any more bitter, jealous and resentful if you tried.

He didnt, its the trend.

Yup truth.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    I watched several Asmongold videos, he was definitely playing up how difficult classic dungeons were and it was obvious. I wish I was wrong! I'd love difficult dungeons!

Yup truth.

I watched several Asmongold videos, he was definitely playing up how difficult classic dungeons were and it was obvious. I wish I was wrong! I'd love difficult dungeons!
    They felt hard DURING classic when people were just learning the game. 15 years later with heroic and mythic+ dungeons having come and gone..vanilla dungeons won't be nearly as tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post
    They felt hard DURING classic when people were just learning the game. 15 years later with heroic and mythic+ dungeons having come and gone..vanilla dungeons won't be nearly as tough.
    Yup agreed. Thought about making a thread asking people if Blizzard should up the difficulty level of classic, but didn't bother due to how limited this beta was. Might make that thread after the first couple of stress tests.

That is what we call Envy, but you are on the right tack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Oh really, let's see a screenshot of your Classic character in game?

And no it's not just one video, many people who were sceptical have admitted they were wrong to dismiss it and have been enjoying the game. For example Preach (high end raider on retail) has been making content for Classic when he said he had little interest in the past. He also admitted he was wrong on a podcast.

Keep burying your heads in the sand, it just makes you look utterly foolish.
    For a long time - I was a majorrrrr classic hater, I wanted to see it fail super hard.. but now: I’m actually looking fwd, and I honestly can’t wait for the release. I’ll be pretty casual - but dangerous enough.

Classic won’t technically be like how it was back in the day - but it should be decently fun for server community

Yup truth.

Complete nonsense. I've been watching every Asmongold stream, usually when people point out all the things about Classic that are "trash" in their view he agrees. If you want to litigiously lay out all of the "problems" in Classic you can do that, and you can make yourself feel much better about not missing out, which is ultimately what all this boils down to, but what people love about Classic/old WoW doesn't boil down to a blog post. A few bitter losers on a forum aren't going to derail the hype train.

Some people have suggested that retailers are worried that the inevitable success of Classic will somehow alter or change the way Blizz looks at live, but I don't believe that is the case because there is no way Blizz could realistically change course at this point. What the vitriol towards Classic represents is a kind of psychological salve against FOMO, if you can convince yourself that this game is trash and everyone who is looking forward to it is deluded then you don't have to confront the possibility that you are missing out on a good time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    For a long time - I was a majorrrrr classic hater, I wanted to see it fail super hard.. but now: I’m actually looking fwd, and I honestly can’t wait for the release. I’ll be pretty casual - but dangerous enough.

Classic won’t technically be like how it was back in the day - but it should be decently fun for server community
    Respect for having the ability and honesty to change your mind. A rare trait nowadays

I have 0 feelings towards Vanilla, neither excitement, or "hate".

I did everything Vanilla had to offer back when it was relevant, apart from a few bosses in Naxx, not because of anything because guild went "TBC announced, lets stop" mode at November.

I am just realistic with what is going on as i am with everything in life.

Most of the streamers are just that, putting on a facade to make money, nothing more, nothing less.

Classic will be good for people that never did it and want to experience a bit of RPG mode from the 2000s the same way Baldur's gate and D2 is still played.

But anyone claiming Vanilla is hard is completely delusional, the first 6 months the hard part was to finally log on after the queues and remained logged on with your 250+ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Nah I actually hate how many classes and talents are broken as well as rotations in general in Classic, but the payoff in Classic psychologically is a 1000x better dopamine rush. That's all that matters to any 'gamer', how the game makes you feel, gameplay systems are only a means to an end and Live doesn't do it for me. Again -- because it plays itself unless you are the top 1%.

That was basically Legion for me. Grinding M+15, only to do it again because the gear artificially inflated and the previous stuff was given out for free.
    it doesnt play itself sounds like you just werent very good lol also what the hell do you think you do at the endgame of classic? you grind for gear mats etc....same as live. yeah we have seasons now but that shouldnt be a problem because you should always strive to get better gear. thats literally the only thing that ever matters. increase your output to take down harder content. i see nothing wrong with it. people say they want a defined BIS. i see that as boring, having what is basically infinite BIS combinations depending on gear combinations makes the game more diverse instead of everyone have t1-3 and whatever went along with those BIS items. Classic was good for its time but is boring in comparison. Ive been playing since vanilla. i literally only leveled one character which has been my main since because old world quests were boring as hell, the entire run from 1-60 was boring as hell. but i did it because i wanted end game. when cata remade everything i actually found WAYYYY more enjoyable to level. everything flowed better and story was fun.

Also Legion is to me top tier of what WoW has ever had to Offer, tying with WoTLK in #1 spot. Vanilla ranks under MoP imho. BFA gets no rating until its done and im enjoying it regardless of the issues it has which most are fixed in 8.2

- - - Updated - - -

I have 0 feelings towards Vanilla, neither excitement, or "hate".

I did everything Vanilla had to offer back when it was relevant, apart from a few bosses in Naxx, not because of anything because guild went "TBC announced, lets stop" mode at November.

I am just realistic with what is going on as i am with everything in life.

Most of the streamers are just that, putting on a facade to make money, nothing more, nothing less.

Classic will be good for people that never did it and want to experience a bit of RPG mode from the 2000s the same way Baldur's gate and D2 is still played.

But anyone claiming Vanilla is hard is completely delusional, the first 6 months the hard part was to finally log on after the queues and remained logged on with your 250+ms.
    oh look a person that is rational and living in reality regarding classic, its rare to see this nowadays lol everything you said is 100% true

Classic was fun and I enjoyed it at the time but I don't know if I will like playing it now without all the QoL changes we have now. Plus I'm a dps shaman, how am I supposed to raid in classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does this need a thread? There is NOTHING to talk about.

Complete nonsense. I've been watching every Asmongold stream, usually when people point out all the things about Classic that are "trash" in their view he agrees. If you want to litigiously lay out all of the "problems" in Classic you can do that, and you can make yourself feel much better about not missing out, which is ultimately what all this boils down to, but what people love about Classic/old WoW doesn't boil down to a blog post. A few bitter losers on a forum aren't going to derail the hype train.
    I'm glad there's hype, but we don't need to pretend that vanilla dungeons are harder than they are. Health bars in dungeons barely moved in the dungeon vids I watched. Asmongold kept yelling "Don't wipe! Don't wipe!" when he was nowhere near in danger of wiping.

My issue isn't with the hype, it's bullshitting about difficulty to make the content seem harder than it is. I'm sure it's partially tongue in cheek on his part, or I hope it is, but I'm sure some people are going to watch those videos, try classic, and then wonder why the content is easier than remembered/depicted. Or they are shitty players and it's not for them. Shrug.

Some people have suggested that retailers are worried that the inevitable success of Classic will somehow alter or change the way Blizz looks at live, but I don't believe that is the case because there is no way Blizz could realistically change course at this point. What the vitriol towards Classic represents is a kind of psychological salve against FOMO, if you can convince yourself that this game is trash and everyone who is looking forward to it is deluded then you don't have to confront the possibility that you are missing out on a good time.

- - - Updated - - -

Respect for having the ability and honesty to change your mind. A rare trait nowadays
    sounds like you're the deluded one with a username like WoWClassic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    it doesnt play itself sounds like you just werent very good lol also what the hell do you think you do at the endgame of classic? you grind for gear mats etc....same as live. yeah we have seasons now but that shouldnt be a problem because you should always strive to get better gear. thats literally the only thing that ever matters. increase your output to take down harder content. i see nothing wrong with it. people say they want a defined BIS. i see that as boring, having what is basically infinite BIS combinations depending on gear combinations makes the game more diverse instead of everyone have t1-3 and whatever went along with those BIS items. Classic was good for its time but is boring in comparison. Ive been playing since vanilla. i literally only leveled one character which has been my main since because old world quests were boring as hell, the entire run from 1-60 was boring as hell. but i did it because i wanted end game. when cata remade everything i actually found WAYYYY more enjoyable to level. everything flowed better and story was fun.
    Classic: You play the game until you get to the end of the content. Simple.

If your a casual in Legion, the game advances at a pace that gives you free gear and invalidates content. If you don't do content in the patch it released in, you are screwed. It becomes obsolete next patch.

That's lame to me. Chasing gear for the sake of item level is a pointless and stupid endeavor, seeing the content is much more important.

The only real-real problem with Classic is that it ends eventually.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad there's hype, but we don't need to pretend that vanilla dungeons are harder than they are. Health bars in dungeons barely moved in the dungeon vids I watched. Asmongold kept yelling "Don't wipe! Don't wipe!" when he was nowhere near in danger of wiping.

My issue isn't with the hype, it's bullshitting about difficulty to make the content seem harder than it is. I'm sure it's partially tongue in cheek on his part, or I hope it is, but I'm sure some people are going to watch those videos, try classic, and then wonder why the content is easier than remembered/depicted. Or they are shitty players and it's not for them. Shrug.
    I mean, we do not need to look any further than this very forum, where we have a thread about dungeons being "too easy". People have built up an image of this incredibly challenging game in their mind, except the reality itself disagrees with them. There are threads on reddit where people are trying to prove that stuff is too easy - which can only be possible if Blizzard messed up. There are ocassional bugs, sure, but overall, people are desperate to convince others just how hard Vanilla was - and thus how much better players they are by playing Classic. Streamers simply go along with this. They are entertainers and hyping otherwise mundane stuff is what they do.

That's not to say they are faking their enjoyment, but really, video game streams/let's plays are always more hyper and filled with overreaction. It's why we cannot accurately judge how successful Classic is until it actually releases and couple months pass - so the honeymoon period is over.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-05-21 at 10:11 PM.