Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't Sebastian Stan been in MCU movies just as long as Evans? It's not really passing the torch to younger stars if you make Bucky the new Cap since he's been in almost as many damn movies as Evans. That seems like the most obvious reason to pick Sam over Bucky to me...
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It's obvious, falcon became Cap for 2 reason

Politics and Budget
    Politics is obvious
    And in the falcon and winter solider TV show, it will be cheaper to have Mackie use a shield than add in the CGI wings

Go on being naive, I really don't care.
    3rd, because he does in the comics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    Hasn't Sebastian Stan been in MCU movies just as long as Evans? It's not really passing the torch to younger stars if you make Bucky the new Cap since he's been in almost as many damn movies as Evans. That seems like the most obvious reason to pick Sam over Bucky to me...
    And in the MCU Bucky is pretty compromised and not at all the kind of guy who is going to want to be a superhero who needs to be The Face of America.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Talk about your identity politics. This film was a steaming pile of excrement. Most films that broach time travel are, but this film was vomit-worthy for a whole other reason.

Opinion, anyway.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    And in the MCU Bucky is pretty compromised and not at all the kind of guy who is going to want to be a superhero who needs to be The Face of America.
    And in the MCU, Captain America is a wanted fugitive hiding in Africa...
    I guess 5 years after the Snap, no one cared anymore, but I don't think Captain America has been the Face of America for a while, unless there's something in Endgame that changes his status? In Spiderman they even mention how they're using the video's even though Cap is a fugitive. I don't really think Winter Soldier should be Captain America, nor Falcon, I think Captain America is retired and the shield pales next to almost any tech from Wakanda anyway, so just hang it in a museum.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Was CA a publicly wanted fugitive?
    Fuck it. It's not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Was CA a publicly wanted fugitive?
    Fuck it. It's not relevant.
    When Spiderman is in school watching the video the gym teacher says "I'm pretty sure this guy is a war criminal now", so I imagine that violating Civil War (airport battle at least) was newsworthy.

Fine.
    I recall when CA was called a criminal and no one believed it..(Dat damned gubmint calling Cap a criminal?)

Not sure if this been discussed already:
    As hype as the climax fight was ( believe i was cheering ) it was pointless if you think about it, you even argue it was silly and reckless.

At that point the good guys had fully stoned gauntlet in their possession.... they literally had the instant - kill cheat code / weapon /"No more Thanos" in the palm off their hands...and the plan is to run it as an American Football play for a touchdown inside the van endzone?
    You can say oh but no one wanted to die, not powerful enough, etc etc. I disagree, Thor would have tried even if he died. If not, guess who had it last? Yup Ms. Superman, she could surely survive using it? Been the strongest / bestest / headbutting ships powerful she was.

They risked not only their own timeline, but the alternate timeline as well.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2019-05-22 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    As hype as the climax fight was ( believe i was cheering ) it was pointless if you think about it, you even argue it was silly and reckless.

At that point the good guys had fully stoned gauntlet in their possession.... they literally had the instant - kill cheat code / weapon /"No more Thanos" in the palm off their hands...and the plan is to run it as an American Football play for a touchdown inside the van endzone?
    You can say oh but no one wanted to die, not powerful enough, etc etc. I disagree, Thor would have tried even if he died. If not, guess who had it last? Yup Ms. Superman, she could surely survive using it? Been the strongest / bestest / headbutting ships powerful she was.

I still want to believe that the Soul Stone would have denied any snap from anyone who doesn't grieve the loss of Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I still want to believe that the Soul Stone would have denied any snap from anyone who doesn't grieve the loss of Black Widow
    Well Hawkeye was the very first one after Hulk that had the fully stoned gaunlet... soooooooooooooooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    And in the MCU, Captain America is a wanted fugitive hiding in Africa...
    I guess 5 years after the Snap, no one cared anymore, but I don't think Captain America has been the Face of America for a while, unless there's something in Endgame that changes his status? In Spiderman they even mention how they're using the video's even though Cap is a fugitive. I don't really think Winter Soldier should be Captain America, nor Falcon, I think Captain America is retired and the shield pales next to almost any tech from Wakanda anyway, so just hang it in a museum.
    Those who survived the snap would know how Cap and the other outlaws fought for Earth. The events of Avengers 2 and Civil War would've been water overshadowed by the events of Infinity War.

As for the shield, its a symbol of whoever holds the title regardless of how they use it. It's not like Falcon doesn't already have a ton of gadgets at his disposal.

- - - Updated - - -

They risked not only their own timeline but the alternate timeline as well.
    I remember them having the gauntlet after the first reverse snap. Thanos dropped a can of whoop ass on them after they called everyone back.

I thought it was funny how the everyone who wasn't Thor or Hulk, maybe Cap, survived Thanos's barrage. During the fight, you have all these regular humans who are just taking blows from hulking space aliens. There a hilarious scene where Bucky is just blindly firing his M4 (actually don't know what kind of gun he has) into the aliens as conventional Earth weapons would do anything to them.

None of makes me like the movie less, just think its funny after seeing it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Those who survived the snap would know how Cap and the other outlaws fought for Earth. The events of Avengers 2 and Civil War would've been water overshadowed by the events of Infinity War.
    Sure, as I said 5 years after the Snap, probably no one cared anymore about him being a fugitive. Probably don't care about Bucky either though, right?

I doubt they know how Cap and "outlaws" fought for Earth, since the fighting was not really televised. Heck, it was in Wakanda, which is just a bunch of villages in the middle of Africa, there's no tech or cameras or anything there... certainly no news crews. Not sure where/ how public the events of Endgame were.

As for the shield, its a symbol of whoever holds the title regardless of how they use it. It's not like Falcon doesn't already have a ton of gadgets at his disposal.
    It might be a symbol in the comics, and certainly to comic fans, but to most Americans in the MCU? I'd think Iron Man is the main hero publicity wise, and doubt most people would look at someone else wearing the shield as if they're Captain America. It'd be better used in a memorial of some sort, a symbol of the loss/risk taken to beat Thanos.
    Falcon has wings & guns, and Wakanda could crank out a shield like that in 2 minutes, they could give Falcon two shields that shoot lightning, paint them with the same flag-ish colors and there's no reason for Cap to give Falcon the shield/ identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Other than his failed attempts at time travel before being bailed out by Tony? You mean that evidence?
    Not a good example. Tony is the experimental physicist, and Bruce is the theoretical one. He’s failed at experimentation before, hence becoming the Hulk. Tony is a master of it. He’s created a battery that creates no heat as a byproduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Him being alive in the current timeline, sans Tony snap, would mean he reverses the snap of Hulk. As such you have to get rid of the stones so he can no longer reverse the Hulk’s snap. That’s kinda the entire point of that final battle. Either they return the stones or Tony Snaps or Thanos snaps. It’s one of three outcomes. They destroyed the van, eliminating the chance of returning the stones, so it came down to either snapping Thanos and clan out of existence, as you can’t change someone’s personal past, or Thanos snaps half of all life out of existence again. After five more minutes of life.

You might want to see the movie again.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Starlord looking for her on the screen is what’s known as a Chekov’s gun. Look it up.
    im not wrong, and he wasn't looking for her, he was plotting the next course of action because let's face it, she's dead...she was sacrificed to the soul stone in the first movie, just like black widow was sacrificed in the second movie and guess what, if the hulk couldn't bring her back in the second movie, then gamora isn't back in the second one ESP since thanos destroyed the avengers original timeline infinity stones....so again, you're wrong.
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    im not wrong, and he wasn't looking for her, he was plotting the next course of action because let's face it, she's dead...she was sacrificed to the soul stone in the first movie, just like black widow was sacrificed in the second movie and guess what, if the hulk couldn't bring her back in the second movie, then gamora isn't back in the second one ESP since thanos destroyed the avengers original timeline infinity stones....so again, you're wrong.
    You are indeed wrong.

A) You see Starlord trying to scan for her at the end of the movie before the Asgardians of the Galaxy take off.

B) Main timeline Gamora is dead, sacrificed for the soul stone. Alternate timeline Gamora, who came to the main timeline with Thanos and co. could very much be alive and well in the main timeline. And she likely is.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Wedding" scene photo
    https://i.redd.it/5ube8ltbhe031.jpg

Should beat Avatar by at least the end of June and it'll most likely be re-released some point so Avatar, it's been a good 10years but no King rules forever.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Endgame as a solo film doesnt deserve the number one spot but as the culmination of a 10 year story which was basically solo movies with minor references and a end of movie credit scene it does.

Every other movie studio is envious of what Kevin Feige has done.

My vast knowledge of cinema and trends, I imagine the record breaking profits will slowly start to fall with end game being the pinnacle of marvels achievements.

They've pulled out tricks with the race card with black panther and the sex card with Cap Marvel both breaking 1 Billion. Black panther being a surprise even to marvel who had to pump up his presence in infinity war marketing and end game (why was BP the first character to appear at the end instead of falcon?)

but I feel that PC trend will start to bite them combined with superhero fatigue and losing two massive icons with Cap and Ironman. Evans and Downie were more than actors for their roles, they became the roles. Its gonna be impossible replacing them.

And if you hethens doubt my powers, like Loki made humans bow I will show the power of my cinema prowess.

Like Lucy aka Scarlett Johansson aka Black Widow, aka an important character that died in this movie I can see the cosmic lining of our reality

Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-05-26 at 07:57 AM.

And it's a movie based off comics, where spectacle is more important than reality. As well it was a movie, where spectacle is more important that reality.

We won’t have another movie like this for awhile.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."