Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...understandable from a tactical standpoint maybe, but not from a "hey we don't deserve sanctions" standpoint.
    They're allocating their resources with the intent of
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    improving their own nation.
    It's just that "their own nation" in this case means, "putin's criminal enterprise." There's not much effective difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    They're allocating their resources with the intent of

It's just that "their own nation" in this case means, "putin's criminal enterprise." There's not much effective difference.
    Again, something that's holding their country back.

Putin and his lackeys might benefit in the short term, but Russia isn't exactly "moving up" in the world.

Now, as for how long the Russian people will suffer that kind of wanton disregard? I don't know, but Russia has switched government systems twice within the past 110 years.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-05-21 at 02:29 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone notice how Russia is "exposing" corruption from anti-Russian governments, and not touching the corruption present in pro-Russian countries? Yeah, pretty funny, that. The Trump government especially is the most visually corrupt in recent history, and I'm sure the Kremlin has a ton of trash on Trump. They'll just never release it. I'm against corruption, but the way the world is being turned upside down through selective corruption exposure just doesn't sit well with me.

Corruption gets to simmer and fester in far-right pro-Russian countries while corruption in left-leaning anti-Russian countries is exposed and flipped on its head. "Your corruption is bad but my corruption is fine" just doesn't sit well when Russia and all the Russia bots keep trying to spin it that their intentions are pure and wholesome in exposing corrupt governments.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Anyone notice how Russia is "exposing" corruption from anti-Russian governments, and not touching the corruption present in pro-Russian countries? Yeah, pretty funny, that. The Trump government especially is the most visually corrupt in recent history, and I'm sure the Kremlin has a ton of trash on Trump. They'll just never release it. I'm against corruption, but the way the world is being turned upside down through selective corruption exposure just doesn't sit well with me.
    That's not job of other governments to control corruption in your country. When they help in that they do it for their own reasons, not out of goodness of their hearts - every time.

It also isn't their job to "balance" exposes so that your political system remains stable - that's on you.

Corruption gets to simmer and fester in far-right pro-Russian countries while corruption in left-leaning anti-Russian countries is exposed and flipped on its head. "Your corruption is bad but my corruption is fine" just doesn't sit well when Russia and all the Russia bots keep trying to spin it that their intentions are pure and wholesome in exposing corrupt governments.
    Where did you see Russian exposes of corruption in left-leaning countries? I don't seem to remember any.

Also, RT talking point is mainly "either both corruptions are fine or both are bad" (with "equally bad" being implied).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Nobody benefits from this?
    Well apart from Austria.

It's one guy, leader of the far right, trying to get rich by promising to give public contracts to some Russian oligarch.
    It could have been anyone, any country. This is just simple corruption, not some Russian conspiracy to overthrow the West.
    Right, the leader of a party that got 25% of votes last election is just one guy that has no influence and was just trying to get rich. It's also why there were two guys in the video, both have resigned.

Just because you failed hard on your Trump investigation doesn't mean you can act as if you were right all along because of this thing.
    Look at the first line: "Turns out Russian collusion isn’t a "witch hunt hoax" after all. At least not in Austria."
    I can almost smell the desperation. This is now how you fight Trump, this is not how you fight fascism.
    Ignoring all the far-right parties in the EU that are in close contact to Russian officials isn't exactly "there's nothing". Also, did you conveniently forget all the convictions related to the Muller investigation?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I've just read an article about how Austrian secret services got practically blackballed because nobody was keen to share secrets with Russian stooges and they were suprvised by FPÖ-delegated ministers. One of whom even used policemen to raid secret service offices - presumably they wanted to keep some of their professional reputation by withholding stuff from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I've just read an article about how Austrian secret services got practically blackballed because nobody was keen to share secrets with Russian stooges and they were suprvised by FPÖ-delegated ministers. One of whom even used policemen to raid secret service offices - presumably they wanted to keep some of their professional reputation by withholding stuff from him.
    That may be one of the reasons why Kickl had to go. Apart from the fact that he was the parties secretary when this video happened (and in a legal sense responsible for donations) - it would be a bit strange if he would lead the investigation into his own party.

Apart from that.

Now we learned our lesson. AGAIN.

Last time these idiots were in power, the same happened. They're corrupt and on top of it: bad at it.

I said it in the autumn of 2017: Maximum of 2 years until the government crashes because of its own stupidity.

That it would be that stupid, i didn't really imagine. Watch a thriller with that story, i would bash the script writers...

15+ Year Old Account
    Ha, I said the same thing, my best friend disagreed with me because they and Kurz especially are so much smarter.

They even had the needed ministries and couldn't get their shit cleaned up.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That's not job of other governments to control corruption in your country. When they help in that they do it for their own reasons, not out of goodness of their hearts - every time.

It also isn't their job to "balance" exposes so that your political system remains stable - that's on you.
    And yet all the Russia bots are spinning the exposure of corrupt governments as if it's altruistic, or at least guilting people into not going against it because it's "exposing corruption". You're right, it's not Russia's job to offer balanced exposure. Everyone KNOWS you guys have an agenda of turning most countries into ultra conservaitve as well as sowing chaos. At least most smart people. A lot of right wing rubes will gladly take your help to further their political goals, without caring that many Russians have admitted they only care about toppling the EU and the US. It's just such a shame when our right wingers take lines thought up by Russia bot farms willingly, while being told the only goal of those institutions is to literally topple their country. Funny how right wingers are acting complicit with parties who want to topple their countries and don't seem to care.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Ha, I said the same thing, my best friend disagreed with me because they and Kurz especially are so much smarter.

They even had the needed ministries and couldn't get their shit cleaned up.
    was anyone really suprised? Yeah, these guys didn't leave together with Haider after Knittelfeld. But these people were still socialized by the old corrupt politicians, so they have the same moral compass as guys like Haider/Rumprecht/Dörfler etc. It's .. wait for it... part of the game.

"Unser Geld für uns're Leut" - how obvious can someone be?

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    And yet all the Russia bots are spinning the exposure of corrupt governments as if it's altruistic, or at least guilting people into not going against it because it's "exposing corruption".
    Well, here you see people looking at it in exactly same way about Austrian exposure - even though this expose might as well happened by foreign government.

Maybe it's not just "Russia bots" - might be universal idea. Or maybe people just don't like those exposed and don't care who hurts them.

You're right, it's not Russia's job to offer balanced exposure. Everyone KNOWS you guys have an agenda of turning most countries into ultra conservaitve as well as sowing chaos. At least most smart people. A lot of right wing rubes will gladly take your help to further their political goals, without caring that many Russians have admitted they only care about toppling the EU and the US. It's just such a shame when our right wingers take lines thought up by Russia bot farms willingly, while being told the only goal of those institutions is to literally topple their country. Funny how right wingers are acting complicit with parties who want to topple their countries and don't seem to care.
    To plenty of people it doesn't matter what their agenda is if it furthers their own goals in some way.

If your goals aren't widely held as desirable by those with power or money, you take whatever help you can get.

Maybe if they had acceptable alternatives in your own society they would go there instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't follow shalker anymore, who is he talking about the politicians trying to make as much money while telling people lies or the people that gladly accept the lies because everything else would probably mean a bit of hardship for the betterment of society?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    What's funny is that no one was arrested. These corrupt people should be behind bars, there should be a price to pay for corruption crimes not just "oh we got caught, we resign". The people will get what they deserve though.
    I'm all for prosecuting them, but just the intent to be corrupt isn't actually a crime I fear. I do hope that something comes out of this, but it will take years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    It is a crime. If someone planned a terrorist attack but he couldn't do it, should we let him walk free? This is way worse than terrorism, corruption can bring down civilizations and ruin them for centuries to come.
    I'm no legal expert, but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I can't follow shalker anymore, who is he talking about the politicians trying to make as much money while telling people lies or the people that gladly accept the lies because everything else would probably mean a bit of hardship for the betterment of society?
    I'm talking about you, obviously, because you don't care who exposed him.

And Butter Emails is complaining "but they have an agenda exposing it!" ...well, no shit, those who exposed stuff in op also had an agenda, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate when it happens to someone you feel is deserving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a positive side-note:

I have been to a lot of demonstrations in vienna, but i've never encountered such a party feeling than the one we had on saturday.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I'm talking about you, obviously, because you don't care who exposed him.

And Butter Emails is complaining "but they have an agenda exposing it!" ...well, no shit, those who exposed stuff in op also had an agenda, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate when it happens to someone you feel is deserving it.
    Ok, not making any sense is expected from you. I don't know why I keep bothering, so I will finally stop and ignore your nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I find it hilarious you think Kangodo is some sort of nefarious altright "Russian flunky" far right propagandist trying to steal your liberties to "own the libs". Carry on, sorry for the intervention.
    No, I'm fairly sure they're more the far left type who is still bummed about the Soviet Union not being around anymore.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he is one guy with a lot of influence.
    It's financial corruption, not some political spy game. We should be honest about this: Far right idiots like this are corrupt, not traitors.
    For whom would that be true though?

Because, sure, the far right politicians are "just" corrupt (in multiple ways, i suspect in several cases they do not even believe in what they peddle but they want to abuse the anger they promote to gain power)

But those that seek to use the possibility of corrupting them are not doing it for nothing

And that might be a bit cloak and dagger (well maybe more "nefarious" than "spy") in so far as the goal is to undermine nations more likely than to gain actual influence

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he is one guy with a lot of influence.
    It's financial corruption, not some political spy game. We should be honest about this: Far right idiots like this are corrupt, not traitors.
    Pretty naive to try and separate treason from financial gain. Corruption is simply one motive for the crime.
    Some of the most famous cases of treason, like Aldrich Aames or Jonathan Pollard involved selling out their country for cold hard cash.

Why would oligarchs or their political allies not commit treason for even bigger piles of cash?