Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    There are going to be more stress tests. I'm sure they'll pick a time more suitable for the EU in one of the other tests.
    hahahahahahahaha……...hahahahaha.
    Oh wait you were serious ?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha….ha.

Anyone know if they've already handed out the extra access for stress test people? I don't see it, but I may just not have been chosen. If they haven't yet, seems like they're not giving people much time beforehand to download it. It's not like WoW is a tiny game, and people work and stuff and won't be able to download during the day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Not everyone gets in. You don't get special treatment just because you've kept a subscription permanently rolling since the first week of Vanilla.
    Blizzard said themselves that they will prioritize accounts who have been created during vanilla release.
    Obviously it makes sense for them, since those people know what the game was like back then and can report bugs unlike those who never played vanilla and just want in on the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    hahahahahahahaha……...hahahahaha.
    Oh wait you were serious ?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha….ha.
    So, what part did you think was funny? And do you have any arguments or is this it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Anyone know if they've already handed out the extra access for stress test people? I don't see it, but I may just not have been chosen. If they haven't yet, seems like they're not giving people much time beforehand to download it. It's not like WoW is a tiny game, and people work and stuff and won't be able to download during the day tomorrow.
    It was a surprisingly fast download. After about 5 seconds of downloading it was in Playable status. And this is just over a standard Spectrum cable connection

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    "You are unable to Polymorph enemy targets that are tapped by players with whom you are not grouped."

I'll admit, this is something I wasn't aware of. Is this strictly to Polymorph or would it count for other things as well (Repentance)?
    I'm reasoning it's only polymorph because it causes the target to rapidly heal and could be used for trolling purposes. Heal a mob you didn't tag so it kills the player(s) fighting it so you can tag it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got into the stress test, as an EU player will I only be able to play between 1 and 3 am local time tomorrow? Do I keep the access for "regular" beta later?

Several things are going to happen which the test is likely mostly about.

1. Log in servers being pounded, character creation getting pounded, zoning into the starting zone pounded. Good testing.

2. As people zone in layering will be tested to make sure it is working as Blizzard intends it to. Good testing.

After that odds are its just going to be a tag fest with 100s of people going after single mobs. People will get enraged. We will have a ton of entertaining posts to laugh about because of it. Not many people will actually be leveling that effectively during the 2 hour period. Maybe in the following days people will hit 5, but... ummm.. have fun I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    So the stress test is actually a "beta" version, or lesser version of the actual beta? In the sense that if you get invited to stress test you can't continue in the actual beta afterwards?

Also level 5 cap? Come on now.. They must be testing the layering tech above everything else it seems.
    The level 5 cap is to keep everyone in the same general areas. Otherwise, it would not be much of a stress test. It is also only for 2 hours, so no reason to worry about higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I got into the stress test, as an EU player will I only be able to play between 1 and 3 am local time tomorrow? Do I keep the access for "regular" beta later?
    If you log in now and only see a grayed out "Stress Test" realm. Then you only have access for the stress test, but are part of the larger beta pool. Meaning most likely at some point you'll be selected in a future wave.

From what I understand you will have access to the stress test realm from 1 AM local time, basically for 24 hours until they shut it down on Thursday. They will only be monitoring it from 1am - 3am however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Took me a whopping 4 minutes or so to d/l and install. It is only ~5 GB.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, it's been 2 months without a pirate island expedition. Been waiting so long to try and get the parrot mount

Does this mean I have beta access or just the stress test.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Does this mean I have beta access or just the stress test.
    Just the Stress test.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Here is the funny part. i didn't opt in for the beta. Here is the even funnier part. Im in the beta. just hit lvl 9 on my rogue
    Oh my god that is so funny m8. Why are you playing then, if you feel you are labor without pay.

I just got in waking up this morning EU

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    Oh my god that is so funny m8. Why are you playing then, if you feel you are labor without pay.
    you are reading way to much into it. I simply meant that when people are invited to stress test something, they could have been able to keep playing after, they could have plopped up a few more beta servers. More people testing = Less bugs, it benefits everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephinism View Post
    Just the Stress test.
    I am betting all the stress testers will be the next to get full beta invites though, it only makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    "significant number of players"
    ...still no invite. FML

2006 account here. Any people at or above that got in now?
    Account from Nov 24, 2010 and unsubscribed a few months in WoD. Got access for the test stress.

Really, I would think there should be plenty of room for all the accounts created during vanilla that are still subbed since that can't be too many people, right? Or maybe we waaaaay underestimate that number somehow?. Anyway I'm sorry for you, hope you can get in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifrost View Post
    Account from Nov 24, 2010 and unsubscribed a few months in WoD. Got access for the test stress.

Really, I would think there should be plenty of room for all the accounts created during vanilla that are still subbed since that can't be too many people, right? Or maybe we waaaaay underestimate that number somehow?. Anyway I'm sorry for you, hope you can get in soon.

Yeah, can't be that many; but they also seem not to give out too many invitations; I've been watching classic streams and the servers are not really that populated yet.

Did get an invite now too, but the stress test invites don't work beyond the 2-day test on the level 5 realm, as I read in a blue response. So not too hyped. ^^