Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not even through beta and dozens of threads wanting to change classic mechanics. If they give in to ANY of these requests, it defeats the entire purpose of re-releasing it at all.

BTW, that blue post about 'bugs that aren't bugs' is hilarious...

IF they were to ever open up servers offering this, it MUST NOT BE AN ILVL INCREASE.

that would destroy classic as it was. it would no longer be the same game. eventually, you'd just be in bc again, just at level 60.

but, dragon isles, mount hyjal, kezan, south seas, there's plenty they could go with. tel'abim, which idk why we haven't gone there in the current wow.

No I want the classic to be exactly the same as it was . Maybe we can copy the char into next expansion server . Like TBC or WoTLk

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    This should be resisted, as once classic changes it is no longer classic and the entire point of creating it is ruined. If people want new content, they have either live for that, or they can bide their time for the TBC and WOTLK era servers Blizzard has hinted at which would not be 'new' content, but would be new relative to classic.

Class balancing however is NOT new content, that is definitely going to be an interesting discussion. Should specs that are currently broken be kept broken or non viable just because that is how they ended classic?
    I think the classes should remain the same but maybe down the line number tweaks to certain abilities to at the bare minimum bring things a bit closer together for the largest outlier specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    No I want the classic to be exactly the same as it was . Maybe we can copy the char into next expansion server . Like TBC or WoTLk
    100% they need to have at least a couple OG servers if this every happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think the classes should remain the same but maybe down the line number tweaks to certain abilities to at the bare minimum bring things a bit closer together for the largest outlier specs.
    Then it wouldn't be classic. 100k people signed some petition to bring back classic WoW EXACTLY as it was. Within a matter of days, you have people asking for 'minor' tweaks, complaining that it just "doesn't feel the same", reporting bugs that are actually features and already talking about new content (wtf?). Talk about giving an inch and taking a mile. I knew this would happen, though. Reminiscing about a 14 year old game and actually playing it are entirely different things.

This kinda stuff should come out in about 3-4 years. Game could use the following to fill some gaps and add some new content eventually:

New lvl ~40 dungeon
    New lvl ~50 dungeon
    New lvl 60 dungeon

2-3 new lvl 60 raids with different itemization, especially for specs like ret etc as you mentioned. Ilvl between AQ and Naxx, no overly complex fights, difficulty ranging from AQ to (slightly above) Naxx as well.

Never flying and I also think all of them need to be in existing land, IE no draenor or w/e so the world stay alive. I'd say Karazhan, Emerald Dream (Darkshire) + 1more, maybe in Winterspring?

Classic as a museum is okay, but its probably also going to be one of the better if not the best community MMO's out there as well, and honestly I'd prefer it staying active than eventually being a dusty and empty museum.

I think a Save Varian from Alcaz Island dungeon and chain quest would be fun.

I dont want to see classic get changed, maybe add some unfinished content that was originally planned for vanilla.

I want to see blizz get crazy, they are on the 8.0 client, so they can do some pretty cool shit now.

Imagine something like Wotlk gameplay (talents/spells/balance/gear/professions) squished down to a 1-60 experience along with TBC and Vanilla content, Difficulty for Wotlk/tbc turned up by (lets just say) 10-20%

Introduce heroic vanilla 5 mans (strath, scholo, brs, dm), Squish vanilla zones down to 1-60, tbc/wotlk to 40-60.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    I dont want to see classic get changed, maybe add some unfinished content that was originally planned for vanilla.

I want to see blizz get crazy, they are on the 8.0 client, so they can do some pretty cool shit now.

Imagine something like Wotlk gameplay (talents/spells/balance/gear/professions) squished down to a 1-60 experience along with TBC and Vanilla content, Difficulty for Wotlk/tbc turned up by (lets just say) 10-20%

Introduce heroic vanilla 5 mans (strath, scholo, brs, dm), Squish vanilla zones down to 1-60, tbc/wotlk to 40-60.
    So again, classic WoW but totally different. Every time I read a post already suggesting a change to the game that's still 3 months from release, the less convinced I am that this is going to be even a moderately enjoyable experience. I've hardly seen anyone saying they like it exactly how it is (and was).

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    So again, classic WoW but totally different. Every time I read a post already suggesting a change to the game that's still 3 months from release, the less convinced I am that this is going to be even a moderately enjoyable experience. I've hardly seen anyone saying they like it exactly how it is (and was).
    the point isnt liking it liking how it was.. or liking it the best in its original state, its more about realizing that they cant be making significant changes to the game because if they start listening to what people like we'll end up in BFA in no time.. like, i would love better class design, arenas etc., but someone else might like lfr or some other shit etc., its a slippery slope

its also about not being confident enough with blizzard making a good enough job creating new stuff and making significant changes that would actually make sense and make the game better

thats why i dont want new content for vanilla, because not only it will stop being vanilla it can just be significantly worse based on how retail has been "progressing" over the years

i rather them just release TBC, because at least here if they dont make any significant changes the game will actually be good

again ideally i'd love to see some changes, but its not realistic.. thats why "no changes" is the only way to go

None, let it be. Max next toon. I know i will stop playing classic if it stop being classic

I think they will add the unfinished zones. It will be nice to know what happened during all these years.

If they get wild...maybe a classic Kultiras....

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/b...ew-impressions

There's definitely no plans for it at the moment, but Dawson (the Production Director) at least says they'd be open to anything if there's demand. I doubt they're planning far enough ahead to even have discussed this internally yet, which probably caused the conflicting answers.

I expect that they'll be watching player comments closely to decide what to do after Naxx. We've got Vanilla purists, those who want BC and Wrath, and those who want something entirely new in the old style... it's hard to say now which of these possibilities will end up the most demanded by the players.
    My issue with that link is that we don't have access to the interview itself, only the journalist's own words paraphrasing and interpreting what was said in this interview. Dawson's reply could have been given under the context of future TBC/Wrath servers, for example, and journalist interpreted it as "anything", as in, "every single possible idea no matter how outrageous" is on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    My issue with that link is that we don't have access to the interview itself, only the journalist's own words paraphrasing and interpreting what was said in this interview. Dawson's reply could have been given under the context of future TBC/Wrath servers, for example, and journalist interpreted it as "anything", as in, "every single possible idea no matter how outrageous" is on the table.
    But for what purpose?

This isn't a definitive either way. What's important is whether there is interest in progressing WoW Classic with new content - the way Old School Runescape paved the way by adding new content for an old game.

What you are calling outrageous is actually a pretty standard idea, which fans have presented and has been fairly well accepted within the community. With this in mind, are you going to stay willfully ignorant that this will not happen because there is no official statement made on it?

I mean, it doesn't even matter what Blizzard's official statement is. You are well aware of them also saying No plans for a Demon Hunter class at some point too, right? And what brought Demon Hunters into the fold? Fan desire. We know now that Demon Hunters were planned since TBC, and continued to be on the table despite their official response to the fans.

And that being said, it's not like any official statement has been said or even hinted at Classic having no addition to future content. All that was said was they are trying to stick closely to a Vanilla Experience. New content doesn't change that experience, if done correctly, the way the fans are suggesting all content should be.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-21 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I mean, it doesn't even matter what Blizzard's official statement is.
    It matters when people start using said statements as evidence.

You are well aware of them also saying No plans for a Demon Hunter class at some point too, right? And what brought Demon Hunters into the fold? Fan desire.
    Was it, really, though? Or did it just happen to coincide?

It matters when people start using said statements as evidence.

Was it, really, though? Or did it just happen to coincide?
    When designers are making stuff to sell, nothing is coincidence. Do you really think an executive producer green lighting the addition of a new class that will bring in more players to a new expansion is just coincidence? These things get planned so far in advance of player expectations that by the time they get released, it would have been years of development and thousands of man-hours gone into it before players even hear it announced.

No, it's not a coincidence. If you buy a chocolate cake from a bakery, it's not a coincidence that it happened to be made with real chocolate. That is intentional with design, someone baked the cake and worked hours perfecting the recipe. This isn't a case of individual preference. We are talking about things a significant portion of players desire and are asking for.

You can't pretend that Demon Hunters were something no one wanted all up into Legion. You know as well as I do that they were highly in demand.

Also, you are doing the same fallacy by trying to use 'Blizzards official words' as a statement of evidence.

Consider the following:

Jay Allen Brack - now CEO of Blizzard - said NO to Classic WoW and then years later, announced Classic WoW.

We are shown how fan desire and demand can affect Blizzard's development plans. That has more merit than any single word from a Blue post. Demon Hunters and Classic WoW are not products of coincidence.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-22 at 12:37 AM.

When designers are making stuff to sell, nothing is coincidence. Do you really think an executive producer green lighting the addition of a new class that will bring in more players to a new expansion is just coincidence? These things get planned so far in advance of player expectations that by the time they get released, it would have been years of development and thousands of man-hours gone into it before players even hear it announced.
    So you're agreeing with me that it can be just a coincidence? After all, you just said things are prepared ahead of player expectation.

No, it's not a coincidence. If you buy a chocolate cake from a bakery, it's not a coincidence that it happened to be made with real chocolate. That is intentional with design, someone baked the cake and worked hours perfecting the recipe. This isn't a case of individual preference. We are talking about things a significant portion of players desire and are asking for.
    This is nonsensical. If the "chocolate cake" was not made with real chocolate, it'd be false advertising

You can't pretend that Demon Hunters were something no one wanted all up into Legion. You know as well as I do that they were highly in demand.
    And you know as well as I do that what you just wrote there is nothing but a strawman, since I never said DHs were not something the players wanted.

Also, you are doing the same fallacy by trying to use 'Blizzards official words' as a statement of evidence.

Consider the following:

Jay Allen Brack - now CEO of Blizzard - said NO to Classic WoW and then years later, announced Classic WoW.

We are shown how fan desire and demand can affect Blizzard's development plans. That has more merit than any single word from a Blue post. Demon Hunters and Classic WoW are not products of coincidence.
    Not the same thing. Those that defend "brand new content" in Classic are using hear-say from a developer interview as statement of evidence. All I'm saying is that "hear-say" is not valid evidence, and I wanted to see the interview itself to see if what the developers actually said and what the question originally was to get the real, full context of that quote.

And you know as well as I do that what you just wrote there is nothing but a strawman, since I never said DHs were not something the players wanted.
    You suggested DH's being added could be a coincidence to fan desire, indicating that it was not planned and purposeful. I disassembled that statement. We know it's purposeful because they have said it was planned for a long time and developed for a long time. In the DVD, they outright say it's because they wanted to do this justice for the fans.

Not the same thing. Those that defend "brand new content" in Classic are using hear-say from a developer interview as statement of evidence. All I'm saying is that "hear-say" is not valid evidence, and I wanted to see the interview itself to see if what the developers actually said and what the question originally was to get the real, full context of that quote.
    No one is 'defending' anything. There is nothing to prove here, you are simply bringing up a dismissal argument without any basis other than 'they could be talking about something else'. This entire topic is about fan desire for new Classic content, and Blizzard being open to that possibility.

Let's be clear - it was you who said they could be talking about TBC. Where do you draw this conclusion? You then try to shift it on lacking an official source behind the interview - and we have that.

This is directly from the article

Throughout my seven hours with the Classic demo and other Blizzard games, reporters had the opportunity to speak to various Blizzard developers and community managers. I spoke Brian Birmingham, Lead Software Engineer, and Patrick Dawson, Production Director. Here's some of the more interesting information I learned:
    ---
    Den of Geek noticed many players on the ClassicWoW subreddit and elsewhere talking about Blizzard creating new level 60 content, including brand new 40-man raids if Classic is a huge success. It would be an opportunity for Blizzard to continue developing the game with its original sensibilities in mind. We were a bit surprised when Blizzard told us it's a real possibility and not a crazy pipe dream.

"Anything is on the table. This is a love letter to our fans. If the fans have a desire for something, it would absolutely be considered. We're certainly not planning to do that today, but if people want more, we can talk about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

- Patrick Dawson, Production Director Classic WoW

Jason M. Gallagher is a freelance contributor.
    You can see that this is not talking about TBC. You didn't even bother to read the article if you interpretted that as talking about future expansions. The article is an interview and the source.

And frankly, all it is saying is Blizzard is open to discussing new content, which is what this topic is all about. You can't come around dismissing it all because you aren't convinced it will happen. If you aren't convinced, then say so and leave it be, don't make up excuses about the article being hear-say just to defend your opinion. You discredit actual journalists with this nonsense.

If you want the source, you can contact the journalist directly and get a quote and see for yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't trust hearing from a middle-man anyways.

https://twitter.com/JasonMGallagher
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-22 at 02:46 AM.

You suggested it could be a coincidence, indicating that it was not planned and purposeful. That is not a strawman, that is a disassembly of a fallacious argument.
    No. Yours is still a strawman because I never argued that demon hunters weren't something popular within the community. I just said it could have been a coincidence and the demon hunter class could have been planned and introduced independent of community desires and wants.

Let's be clear - it was you who said they could be talking about TBC. Where do you draw this conclusion?
    From the big demand for classic servers of TBC and Wrath?

This is directly from the article

You can see that this is not talking about TBC.
    Actually, we can't. We don't see what the original question was to know context, and we don't have the entire answer from the developer, also for context.

From the big demand for classic servers of TBC and Wrath?

Actually, we can't. We don't see what the original question was to know context, and we don't have the entire answer from the developer, also for context.
    But that was not something you can draw from the article. It was specifically talking about new content.

You say you cant draw a conclusion because we dont have the question, but then you double down on drawing a conclusion about talking about TBC based on .. your own opinion.

How can you be this dishonest?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-22 at 03:09 AM.