Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Only allied race I don't like so far is mechagnomes, because I don't play gnomes and mechanical parts don't fix my issues with them. The rest are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged are a bit uninspired. Void elves are pretty cool, the Alliance is at a bit of a deficit for edgy races after they fucked up worgen. Kul'Tirans are fine. Dark Irons are pretty much perfect as they are and here's hoping Wildhammers live up to the standard they set.

Mechagnomes? I honestly don't get the hate. They have a 50s raygun sci-fi aesthetic with a coat of rusty paint, Mechagon itself is awesome and sets them up well lorewise, and their animations really sell the idea that they've replaced their natural, weak gnome parts with superior robotic limbs, ears, and eyes.

As for the rest of the OP's... screed, I suppose:

Void elves have been the second most plot-relevant allied race in the Alliance war campaign. Umbric's been more useful than Anduin or the Council of Three Hammers by leaps and bounds.

Sure, Broken would be slick. And the window on them hasn't closed yet, seeing as the draenei haven't gotten a spotlight in BFA yet and the Broken are pretty well-integrated into draenei society now.

Vrykul are honestly pretty boring. Copy and paste Diablo Barbarian lore, replace Bul'Kathos with <insert god here>. That so much time was dedicated to another generic vrykul test of strength is part of what made Stormheim drag on so long.

Highmountain tauren may have been an interesting twist, but so would Grimtotem.

For someone whining about how basic the allied races are for Alliance you seem to have gone with the most basic options possible, OP.

Here's a crazy thought. If you don't like mechagnomes, don't unlock them. The biggest problem on this forum is this horseshit "Everything must be designed for me specifically" entitlement complex regarding... fuck it, pick a topic.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I honestly believe this to be false i really love the aesthetics of the lightforged draenei, and the other races are pretty nice too, but if youre talking in terms of racials? Then yeah alliance got shafted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I honestly believe this to be false i really love the aesthetics of the lightforged draenei, and the other races are pretty nice too, but if youre talking in terms of racials? Then yeah alliance got shafted.
    I mean, void elves are bar none the best casters in the game, and Dark Irons are excellent for any DPS class (and the mole machine is splendid for getting around).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

-I can agree the broken draenei would have been interesting but I do like the "light fanatic" theme of the lightforged. They have a very "inquisition" vibe to them that has been loosely explored and could be interesting. The story of the "normal" draenei is generally concluded now, but was certainly distinct from the lightforged and their experiences. I mainly want some in-faction conflict with lightforged coming to blows with the void elves over obvious ideological differences.

-speaking of the void elves, there's still the possibility of Xal'atath (entity) joining the void elves. Wouldn't that be something?

What agreement? Kul Tirans are awesome, Blizz did really good work here. Model and animations are just great, something new and refreshing in world of elves and humans.
    Too much hollywood-style “beauty” around anyway, so stereotypical. Hoolywood-style and social media are directly responsible for this unforgiving and unimaginative world we have today.

Alliance's new races are nothing but re-skinned versions of existing models. Fuck Ion and his horde lackeys

TBH story-wise, Allied Races have done little to offer other than some pandering to a flashy new race. All it's done is take away even more from existing races.

Draenei story is left in the dust. For the most part, despite this expansion being all about Trolls, the Darkspear have been in a pretty poor position narratively, not even choosing a new leader after all this time. We're 2 expansions in and the Darkspear are being lead by... who? Even Rokhan remains a representative, but not a leader, of the Darkspear.

It's kinda sad that with so much potential with Allied Races, all it has done is muddled the story even more by taking away focus from the existing races. It's not like the Allied Races have been giving us much either; the Horde is pretty much being split internally and Sylvanas was in no condition to gain allies like the Highmountain or Mag'har in the first place.

5+ Year Old Account
    When you play in the faction that its depicted as the great Bulwark of the Light on Azeroth, with a Golden Lion at front, idk dude maybe its the overall thematic of the alliance that makes them ehm.........not appealing? because you know that Allied races are literally "sub race" or "another style of the same race", and its not that the allied raecs of the alliance dont have good cosmetics or racials, even Mechagnomes can tint their limbs GOlden and blue if you didnt know that..... so probably the most "dark" its the Void Elves, masters of the dark arts.

Overall this has always been a problem, i remember when alliance cried about Bloood Elves on the Horde, about how Worguen were just "furry fest" on alliance, on how Pandaren on alliance were a joke because they look idiotic and beastly....

Allied Races are just another flavor or the same skeleton, rig, race, dont spect anything out of crazy, well maybe the last tier of Allied Races could be something amazing for both factions, but!!! there will be always a Whiner King.

Quote Originally Posted by KLOCKWERK View Post
    You don't believe they should have been/eventually be introduced as another Neutral Race? I only ask because that's a reoccurring topic I see on here every now and then.
    I feel certain races would be a lot more fair as neutral options. I do know they regretted making Pandarens as Neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'd love Ethereals. I'd prefer them over Void Elves any day, but I don't think Void Elves are that bad.
    Its not that a Void Elf is bad, per say, but its like a mix of High Elf and Ethereal for requested races. It tries to hit two birds with one stone.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I wish they would've just done sub-races like people wanted. New customization options that are still within the selected race, no need to re-level your characters, just a trip to the barbershop or a special new NPC.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Void Elves are BY FAR the most played Allied race, so statistically, most people disagree with OP.

More people have 120 Velfs than Dwarves, Worgen, Gnomes or Pandas.

https://realmpop.com/us.html
    A poor substitute for High Elves (you and I both know that the Void Elf population would be decimated if High Elves were introduced).

Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    I feel certain races would be a lot more fair as neutral options. I do know they regretted making Pandarens as Neutral.
    Just want to point out that we don't know what the current lead WoW devs' opinions are about neutral races and it's unlikely they all agree.

The thing about pandaren was just ghostcrawler, as far as I know, and it was said after he left Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The races themselves aren't garbage, just that they're mostly asspulls with no real lore behind them. Just invented in a instant because they didn't want to give us something else or just simply had nothing else.

Then you have Velves, no lore and they made absolutely no sense to have them as a allied race....but here we are.

I will admit. I would've liked to have gotten Broken insteada Lightforged draenei. Also, KT humans with an option of fat or the skinny type.

10+ Year Old Account
    allied races are sh8t in general, imagine if u had to work to unlock races, only human or orc, want anything ? spend some cash (for sub), play to max lvl, grind for weeks, then u can start from zero ur new nelf or forsaken
    and the worst part except kul't/zanda they are all hd reskined of already existing races
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

At least the Alliance Allied races actually have a decent amount of customization options. HMT have like 4 antler options, 4 skin colors, 4 faces and a couple feathers. I'd tallied up all the customization options when the allied races initially launched and both Alliance races at that point had about double the options of HMT and NB.

Well, you weren't here or on blizz forums when people discovered from the classic dev book AMA on reddit that Pandarens were supposed to be the Alliance Race in TBC, but someone inside irvine had a hissy fit and retconned the entire warcraft 3 lore to make the Protoss Tiefling spawn as Draenei, also they put blood elves as horde because asian players wanted to play with their imaginary girlfriends, following their research in the region pre TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    No, you work with many of the Mechagnomes in their resistance against the ruler, King Mechagon. The prince is the one leading the rebellion. The rebellion is also a rep. That's how you do the quests on Mechagon, with Goblins showing up as well.

It's a fair assumption that Mechagnomes are going to be playable, due to their player character customization and a unique female Mechagnome dance animation, which are generally more for player races. They also have a rep, which fits in well with all other Allied Races.

On topic: Sure the Alliance has had a bit more boring Allied Races. However, the Alliance, as a whole, is a bit more boring of a faction. Getting Vrykul wouldn't change much of the problem - they're another shape and size of human, exactly like the Kul Tirans, for instance. They haven't really set up many other unique/interesting races that are 100% Alliance. though, I do feel that Lightforged should have been customization for regular Draenei, and the Broken could have been the Draenei Allied Race. However, I'm content with everything else so far.
    Alliance didnt got vrykul as Allied race because people would Bitch that they are "Shameless Nord and Viking clones with blizzard wanting to get profit on Thor and Skyrim" mainly because there are playable size Vrykul models from the toy.

Also Kul Tirans doesn't help either because the Models are borderline bad, and even shows how outdated WoW engine is with those low res stretched textures painted in their torsos.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    The Allied Races the Alliance *SHOULD* have gotten:

Vrykul - 'Nuff said. Just explain them as a clan that was lost at sea, and only recently came back to land (perhaps related to the disturbances of their 'gods' during the events of Legion).
    So, what you're saying is the Alliance should have gotten a group of Vrykul's who essentially came out of nowhere? SOunds just like the void elf issue you were complaining about... "because their introduction came out of nowhere"

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    PLOT-TWIST - Highmountain Tauren!!! Instead of "Void Elves", I think it would've been far more appropriate to have added the Highmountain Tauren. As outsiders looking in, they would've been the perfect parallel to the Nightborne. Looking at the Horde and Alliance (in their CURRENT state) objectively, I feel like the Highmountain would've probably been more inclined to join the Alliance. Failing that, I think "High Elves" would've been fine, provided they drew more inspiration from Alleria, being a bit more "rugged" and sporting tattoos or war-paint.
    You lost me on "high elfs".

Also, to enlighten you... this is what Chris Metzen said during a 2007 Blizzcon panel where blood elfs were introduced as the next Horde race:

"Blood elfs are our high elfs". I can link the video if you like.

And lastly, cool story bro. The number of Alliance players whining... y'all are beginning to sound like a broken record.

p.s void elfs are the most played AR... so much for the Alliance getting "garbage" ARs
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Alliance's new races are nothing but re-skinned versions of existing models. Fuck Ion and his horde lackeys
    What model are the Kul Tirans a reskin of, out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    A poor substitute for High Elves (you and I both know that the Void Elf population would be decimated if High Elves were introduced).
    They are better High Elves. Thank god Blizzard didn't just listen to the whining vocal minority and burn an Alliance allied race slot on literal fucking Blood Elves that just have blue eyes. I will take the more unique and distinct version any day.