Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Goldberg vs. The Undertaker

Finally, the match MMO-Champion has been waiting for for over 20 years will happen!

If you were a fan during the Attitude Era, you know how meaningful this is, even if someone breaks a hip, the entrances alone will be worth it.

To bad ill be skipping Super Showdown because fuck WWE taking Saudi Arabia's money for this after what happen last year.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    what year is it

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    what year is it
    2019 but I'm sure you knew that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    2019 but I'm sure you knew that.
    I don't blame him, he probably thought it was 2009 when this should have actually taken place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't blame him, he probably thought it was 2009 when this should have actually taken place.
    That or hes making the same dumbass wrestling joke that gets made over and over.

Truth be told it should have happen sooner then even 09.

If the match lasts longer than the entrances, I’ll be shocked. Usually this is said as a joke when it comes to Undertaker. But I’m actually dead serious here.

That or hes making the same dumbass wrestling joke that gets made over and over.

Truth be told it should have happen sooner then even 09.
    It couldn't have happened until 2003 at the earliest when WWE finally hired Goldberg, and they had no interest in putting him against Undertaker then as Undertaker had no mystique at that point due to his biker gimmick. Sadly, due to Goldberg hating WWE after 2004 for so long, realistically the earliest it could have happened was after 2009 even when most of their full time veterans started retiring (Shawn Michaels, Batista, Edge, Kurt had been long gone, Lesnar wasn't back yet and they were struggling to make new stars) but Goldberg still hated the company then and his son wasn't old enough to see him wrestle, which is the sole reason he even came back to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simulant View Post
    If the match lasts longer than the entrances, I’ll be shocked. Usually this is said as a joke when it comes to Undertaker. But I’m actually dead serious here.
    More so for Goldberg, even. Old and broken down as he is, Undertaker has never been one to suffer being able to have a decent lenghly match. I'll be more shocked if he can actually carry Goldberg longer than 5 minutes. 9 years ago? For sure, but not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulant View Post
    Well Takers last couple match's actually lasted a decent amount. Take V Cena a year or so back was around 8min's and for him that isn't bad.

Nobody cares about Goldberg. Undertaker is going to stomp.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

It couldn't have happened until 2003 at the earliest when WWE finally hired Goldberg, and they had no interest in putting him against Undertaker then as Undertaker had no mystique at that point due to his biker gimmick. Sadly, due to Goldberg hating WWE after 2004 for so long, realistically the earliest it could have happened was after 2009 even when most of their full time veterans started retiring (Shawn Michaels, Batista, Edge, Kurt had been long gone, Lesnar wasn't back yet and they were struggling to make new stars) but Goldberg still hated the company then and his son wasn't old enough to see him wrestle, which is the sole reason he even came back to begin with.
    True, sadly we will never get a Taker Vs Sting because Taker has zero interest in doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Naw taker loses this one.

But I do feel like Kurt Angle, Taker is on his farewell tour. Could be wrong tho since he just cut a big deal with WWE.

True, sadly we will never get a Taker Vs Sting because Taker has zero interest in doing it.
    Really? I'd never heard Taker had no interest in it. I thought it wasn't happening because they're scared Sting might get hurt after the way he had to retire. When you forget to tuck your chin in, your boss ca't trust you to not die in the ring.

Really? I'd never heard Taker had no interest in it. I thought it wasn't happening because they're scared Sting might get hurt after the way he had to retire. When you forget to tuck your chin in, your boss ca't trust you to not die in the ring.
    Naw there is a interview you can dig up where String was all for it and really wanted it but Taker said no.

Few years back (I think like 2014) Sting talked about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I'm actually very intrigued about the outcome. Goldberg's never been known to want to lie down, even after his "I'm a dad and mature now" run, he really only lost to Lesnar. Taker's always been a team player but does Vince want to have a WCW guy beat his most loyal main event guy ever?

- - - Updated - - -

Naw there is a interview you can dig up where String was all for it and really wanted it but Taker said no.

Few years back (I think like 2014) Sting talked about it.
    I know Sting wants it bad, still does, but I thought it just hadn't happened then because Sting got cold feet at the last second and stayed with TNA one more year. They had even made the videos for it with Taker in the cabin but Sting didn't sign so they had to go with HHH/Taker part 2.

I'm actually very intrigued about the outcome. Goldberg's never been known to want to lie down, even after his "I'm a dad and mature now" run, he really only lost to Lesnar. Taker's always been a team player but does Vince want to have a WCW guy beat his most loyal main event guy ever?
    Only reason Taker would win is because he lost to Triple H/Shawn. So they may not want Taker to have back to back loses.

Other then that I think hes going to lose. Then again if Vince farts the morning before it can change the outcome so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How is the undertaker still wrestling? Didn't he make his debut in the 80s? That's like almost 40 years
    Late 80's. But yeah, he's old as shit. Then again, you look at Hogan and Flair and suddenly it doesn't seem like he's sticking around too long.

I know Sting wants it bad, still does, but I thought it just hadn't happened then because Sting got cold feet at the last second and stayed with TNA one more year. They had even made the videos for it with Taker in the cabin but Sting didn't sign so they had to go with HHH/Taker part 2.
    That mite be part of it, The whole story is long from what I recall.

But in the end Taker was just like Nope. For the life of me I can't find the interview atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Late 80's. But yeah, he's old as shit. Then again, you look at Hogan and Flair and suddenly it doesn't seem like he's sticking around too long.
    God I wish Hogan would just go away, him being at WM was cringe as hell.

Only reason Taker would win is because he lost to Triple H/Shawn. So they may not want Taker to have back to back loses.

Other then that I think hes going to lose. Then again if Vince farts the morning before it can change the outcome so who knows.
    Considering they'll be making a fortune from this, Goldberg might not even care about losing. Still curious as to who Vince chose to talk into taking the fall. If it wasn't already decided by now, Goldberg wouldn't be doing it, he's never done business that way. Either Goldberg swallowed his pride and is taking that sweet payday or Undertaker is taking one for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How is the undertaker still wrestling? Didn't he make his debut in the 80s? That's like almost 40 years
    Cause he's like a dark wizard from hell. Do you even watch wrestling? Goldberg doesn't stand a chance.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Cody was right. The obsession with the Attitude Era needs to die. It is incorrectly remember as the best time in wrestling. It was the era that sabotaged the future because the Monday Night War hot shotted the entire industry. Doing anything to remind people of that time period is parasitic. I guess it also shows WWE's continued fixation on the past and past stars.