View Poll Results: Are Milkshakes an Appropriate Response to Fascism?

Voters
100. This poll is closed
  • Yes

19 19.00%
  • No

81 81.00%
Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Milkshakes Vs Fascists

How does one combat the rising tide of fascism in the age of new media? I have no idea, but to embrace all forms of interaction or protest and just see what works.

Others have covered it, but there can’t be too many articles about an essential weapon in the fight against fascism: humiliation. OK, sarcasm too, if it humiliates.

Why Milkshaking Works
    The far right fears nothing more than public humiliation.

Nothing animates the far right or shapes its worldview quite so much as the desire to humiliate others—and the fear of being humiliated themselves. It’s why alt-right trolls, projecting their own sexual insecurities, enjoy calling their opponents “cucks.” It’s why they rally around blustery authoritarian figures like Donald Trump who cast themselves as beyond embarrassment, shame, or ridicule. They brandish humiliation like a weapon while craving release from it.

Getting doused in a milkshake robs far-right figures of the air of chauvinistic invulnerability that they spend so much time cultivating.

The ethno supremacist doused in dairy product and the civility fetishists who enable them will whine and bluster about mean, nasty, milkshake-wielding lefties. And sarcasm.

That’s perfect. Whining does even more damage to the fragile veneer of Fascist Manhood. Because they’re either the thin white streak that is going to drive out the ethno-hordes and defend Western civilization like the crusaders who are as fact-based as the Victorians’ chivalrous knights, or they’re the sort of people who whine and bluster when they’re splattered with ice cream.

They can not be both.

The author also notes that supremacists want to be “described as dapper” and invited on talk shows and taken seriously. True.

Contempt, sarcasm, and some shaming seem like effective ways to counter this.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a waste of a good milkshake.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I worry about this causing the crazies to being armed at various events so avoiding any temper flaring things like wasting a perfectly good milkshake on a douche.

Didn't they send someone to prison for a year in Britain for throwing bacon at a mosque?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems pointless.

I'd rather drink my milkshake and uppercut fascists in the balls.

conservatives care deeply about the battle of ideas and free speech thats why they wait until they gain power to sent you to a concentratrion camp to be executed

Don't waste a good milkshake.

Also fight them at the polls, not this petty shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wow, what a great way to make someone hit back so you can cry victim and pretend that you didn't antagonize someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't waste a good milkshake.

Also fight them at the polls, not this petty shit.
    Some people can do both. Complaining about "people not protesting correctly" seems like a very bourgeois sentiment.

You defeat people at the polls or in debates with facts. Similar to how you don't need to punch a communist to defeat their arguments, you just point out how every communist state turned out.

Now, if fascists, communists, Islamists, or any other virulent ideology actually take over a state and commit acts of violence, then of course you take action.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    either you're a midget or you know some literally giant fascists. either way, it probably doesn't end well for you.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    Didn't they send someone to prison for a year in Britain for throwing bacon at a mosque?
    It was Florida. If you omit the part where he was also vandalising it and wielding a machete while doing so.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8098926.html

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Some people can do both. Complaining about "people not protesting correctly" seems like a very bourgeois sentiment.
    Not all protest are equal something like this is petty and fruitless all I does is make you look unreasoned which only strengths there point to the uniformed.

Physically assaulting people you disagree with. How very fascist!

Who even is that person?

Also it is more fascist to throw things at people you disagree with instead of debating them. You do see this right? Even the worst racists and misogynists in the world get to have a place to talk. Then people with opposing views can debate them.

It is fascism to shut things down that you don't like. All speech should have a platform because what is 'right' and 'true' and 'honourable' today will be the opposite in decades to come and you should be able to debate these people in the future instead of creating a world where people are scared to speak up.

To add to that, by pushing certain view-points 'underground' there is a very real potential to create actual dangerous radicals like you are seeing with Christchurch and other places.

With the media constantly painting every white straight Christian male as an alt-right psycho they are creating these radicals. You can not stamp this stuff out. Ever. The best way is education and dialogue. If you start banning certain ways of thinking, talking and acting it will only fester and become violent.

First they came for our milkshakes. Then they came for us!

Wait...I think I'm doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will just bring more boys to the yard. I think this is counter productive.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm willing to bet everything I have that you wouldn't punch a "facist" your size, much less one bigger and stronger than you are. So much tough talking from the left on these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Physically assaulting people you disagree with. How very fascist!
    Lol exactly. Left only wants to be nice to people who share their echo chamber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I'm willing to bet everything I have that you wouldn't punch a "facist" your size, much less one bigger and stronger than you are. So much tough talking from the left on these forums.
    Yeah, liberals! Next time you claim to want to punch a Nazi. Make sure to specify height, weight, A/S/L. No fatties...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi