Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    were a bit off topic lets sticck to the topic that if your #1 issue is "political corectness" theres absolutely no reason to lie to yourself and say joe biden is too PC when he bragged about making the death penalty for "everything but jaywalking"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Or you know, it's because the great majority of Sander's positions are things that the legislature has to do.
    And this is different from other candidates..how? Since it's not different, it's basically your self-serving multiple standards at work.

I get it, I like Bernie's positions too, I wish most of them were real. I'm asking: Are you able to identify which ones he can actually accomplish in the position of president? And also: Which ones can he accomplish as president in the tears 2020-2028?

The answer is very little.
    What you are basically saying here is, because Bernie wants to do the right thing, nobody will help him push through his policies. But the other candidates, because they are corrupt, there are plenty who will help them get things done, and as such you support the latter and lambaste the former.

Your politicians aren't the biggest problem, darling; it's voters like you who will incrementally compromise from right to wrong if it means "getting things done". Guess you don't even realize you are becoming one of those woke-independents who genuinely think the middle of two points is always the right one.

I realize you guys want your pie in the sky, I'm operating within the bounds of reality. Your parents told you to reach for the stars and you can accomplish anything, mine did too, but I also learned I have to keep my expectations within reality. If you want to break reality and break the system you have to operate within, all I have to say is, good luck with doing that without major backlash.
    I mean, you are here insisting I must support Bernie and no one else, but I am here pointing out you are inconsistent with your standards.

I'm sorry that your expectations for Bernie as prez are 100% unreasonable and unrealistic?
    Uh...were you talking about yourself when you said this?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    And this is different from other candidates..how? Since it's not different, it's basically your self-serving multiple standards at work.
    I pick out the executive positions from the irrelevant trash that can't be done. Berni's positions are filled with the latter.

What you are basically saying here is, because Bernie wants to do the right thing, nobody will help him push through his policies.
    Nope, I'm saying that because most of his ideas are pretty radical, he might get one thing he wants, then push back in a severe way, and that one thing might not even be something you want. And even then, because he's viewed as pretty radical, he may end up being a lame duck. Trump's radicalism makes him sensational in the news, but policy wise Trump has been a lame duck because EVERYTHING HE WANTED TO DO INVOLVED THE LEGISLATURE DOING IT. Gosh, is this concept hard for you people?

Your politicians aren't the biggest problem, darling; it's voters like you who will incrementally compromise from right to wrong if it means "getting things done".
    Yes dear, I'd rather incrementally improve things through easing into it, than what many on the "far left" are doing which is sitting waist deep in hardening concrete, screaming "WE NEED CHANGE NOW, LET'S MOVE TWO MILES TO THE LEFT!"

We live in a country of 330 million people darling. Just because you have a faction of people who align with you doesn't mean it's a good idea to push our politics radically to the side. You're going to meet heavy resistance and end up making ZERO progress. I'd rather make some progress by aiming for a few feet in front, than aiming to move miles at a time and going nowhere.

I've noticed that the far right and the farther left are much alike in many regards, and this is one of them. Too much progression and too many radical ideas leads to political backlash.

Good luck in your political crusade, sir knight. I will say a prayer at the grave site of your political movement that never went anywhere.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Trump's radicalism makes him sensational in the news, but policy wise Trump has been a lame duck because EVERYTHING HE WANTED TO DO INVOLVED THE LEGISLATURE DOING IT. Gosh, is this concept hard for you people?
    Literally every presidential candidate campaigns implicitly on what they want the legislature to do. Is this concept hard for you?

Yes dear, I'd rather incrementally improve things through easing into it, than what many on the "far left" are doing which is sitting waist deep in hardening concrete, screaming "WE NEED CHANGE NOW, LET'S MOVE TWO MILES TO THE LEFT!"
    If you're waist deep in hardening concrete, "let's get out of this concrete as fast as possible" is a more reasonable stance then the incremental "what if we were only knee deep in concrete?"

We live in a country of 330 million people darling. Just because you have a faction of people who align with you doesn't mean it's a good idea to push our politics radically to the side. You're going to meet heavy resistance and end up making ZERO progress. I'd rather make some progress by aiming for a few feet in front, than aiming to move miles at a time and going nowhere.
    Our political system, for good or bad, is designed to move incrementally. If you only aim a few feet in front of you might only go a foot. Or maybe nowhere. The same is true if you aim for more, but aiming for more has the advantage that if you win on that message, then representatives are actually pressured to go farther. The real question to me is "what are the American people looking for?" Now, the American people as a whole don't really know much about the details of policy, but I think after generations of wage stagnation, the most expensive healthcare and college, etc, that people are looking for bold solutions. I think the easiest way for Democrats to lost to Trump again is if they fail to counter his bold phony populism with some boldness of their own.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis