Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    So according to Blizzard's own tests based on people saying elites were hitting less than expected, they found that the average damage was identical. In other words, the private servers were off as usual and people's memory was faulty.
    A PS player also did a side by side compare and it was like 11 Classic version mobs hit HARDER, 7 hit the SAME, and like 7 PS hit harder. Mind you PS were mostly guesses. BUT, the people that were trying to flip a table over this were from PSers and technically Classic hit harder than there servers.

Worth noting a lot of the people streaming this hardcore are waay better geared than any just doing these while leveling would be.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    It was hard cause u played with 500 ms since dial up connections or 1mbit at best
    It was hard cause back then the majority was like 8-10 years old
    It was hard cause the player base back then was terrible at video games
    It was hard cause the hours and days server were down cause of problems make u believe "this game is hard since it takes me 5 days to geta lvl" hence the fact servers were down for 4 days

In other words game was not hard. Was braindead easy, and just time consuming. Tbc in other hand had some difficult dungeons.

yes cause videogames started on 2004 :faceplm:

Not everyone was bad, its true that there were many noobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to have far fewer warriors running around in +spirit cloth or hunters trying to do nothing but melee with polearms.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said this for a very long time.

People say Naxxramas was hard, but it WAS NOT. Now that people are ready for it and have played retail WoW, it will be a faceroll. I honestly think we might see a full clear the first day someone enter it.

Everything in vanilla is really, really easy compared to todays WoW, it's just time consuming to get the necessary resistance, attunements, consumeables etc required.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I don't know where thats coming from but not all the dungeons were that hard in vanilla. Also don't forget the expectation, it was different back then gathering people that knew nothing about the game and people that have been playing wow for over a decade and can fear or sheep if they are asked to. I remember dungeons like WC being very mild and easy to walk through whilst leveling my alts during vanilla and before 1.12.
    Truth. The hardest part about playing classic (imo) is going to be trying to get 5 people to stay in a group all the way through dungeons like scholo, BRD, etc. People have a hard enough time sticking with a 30 minute heroic right after an xpac drops; players who are new to vanilla are not going to be on board with a 3 hour run and everything that goes along with it, and I foresee that causing some real problems given the annoying aspect of filling a slot when someone leaves mid run.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    A PS player also did a side by side compare and it was like 11 Classic version mobs hit HARDER, 7 hit the SAME, and like 7 PS hit harder. Mind you PS were mostly guesses. BUT, the people that were trying to flip a table over this were from PSers and technically Classic hit harder than there servers.
    Those were outdoor mobs though and the concern so far (which seems to be no concern) is that something is wrong with elite mobs or at least dungeon elites.

Vanilla dungeons won't be hard... We had few years of m+ which are way harder than vanilla dungs...

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    People say Naxxramas was hard, but it WAS NOT. Now that people are ready for it and have played retail WoW, it will be a faceroll. I honestly think we might see a full clear the first day someone enter it.
    At the time, Naxxramas was extremely hard. It might not be hard now, but when it was current guild hit a wall in that instance.

Also, I dunno if you can get enough frost resistance in one clear to get Sapphiron. That's a lot of damage to try to heal through.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-05-22 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post
    What do you guys think about this?

I played vanilla and definitely remember them being as hard if not harder than the levelling. The guys in the beta are reporting levelling being MUCH hard than private servers but dungeons being WAY easier. They are talking about the possibility there was a stealth nerf to dungeons in 1.12

I hope this wasn't the case as easy dungeons will really suck in classic imo, what do you guys reckon?
    Its best to ignore the gents claiming they have a 12in cock, in my experience their perception is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I've said this for a very long time.

Everything in vanilla is really, really easy compared to todays WoW, it's just time consuming to get the necessary resistance, attunements, consumeables etc required.
    Wanna put money on that? I’ll give you 3 to 1 odds that it wont be cleared in the first 2 weeks ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    So according to Blizzard's own tests based on people saying elites were hitting less than expected, they found that the average damage was identical. In other words, the private servers were off as usual and people's memory was faulty.
    Some private servers buffed content.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Wanna put money on that? I’ll give you 3 to 1 odds that it wont be cleared in the first 2 weeks ;D
    sure, without Dreadnaught taunt chance improvement set bonus or sufficient frost resist gear 4HM and Saff will be very difficult.

That is not really the encounters themselves being difficult though, because they aren't (Yes, I did both of them in vanilla)

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    It get cleared in the first day every time it's released on any private server, even on the one that buffed the already buffed boss stats (health, armor, damage) by 30% and disactivated world buffs inside.

Vanilla dungeons were really easy, especially the leveling ones. I don't see what the problem is here exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    It get cleared in the first day every time it's released on any private server, even on the one that buffed the already buffed boss stats (health, armor, damage) by 30% and disactivated world buffs inside.
    Seems like easy money then, shall we say 100g? 100g for me if I win, 300 for you if you win ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    sure, without Dreadnaught taunt chance improvement set bonus or sufficient frost resist gear 4HM and Saff will be very difficult.

That is not really the encounters themselves being difficult though, because they aren't (Yes, I did both of them in vanilla)
    Well the claim is it'll be cleared on day one. I'm lenient so I'll stretch that to 2 weeks. If there's ANY truth to the claim, it's easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Truth. The hardest part about playing classic (imo) is going to be trying to get 5 people to stay in a group all the way through dungeons like scholo, BRD, etc. People have a hard enough time sticking with a 30 minute heroic right after an xpac drops; players who are new to vanilla are not going to be on board with a 3 hour run and everything that goes along with it, and I foresee that causing some real problems given the annoying aspect of filling a slot when someone leaves mid run.
    at the very start I agree, later on like a month or 2 after I think its going to be easier. If you don't have paid name changes etc and people have stuck with classic then they won't be leaving as easy or ninjaing that easy cause their name stays with them and noone wants a bad name on a community based game.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Vanilla dungeons were really easy, especially the leveling ones. I don't see what the problem is here exactly.
    the problem is that idiots played for years on private servers with artificially made up numbers and now think that vanilla was like this.

thats why for past 2 years they have been spamming this forums with "vanilla was much hard bro" while people who actually did play back then were like "wtf are you talking about"

i was repeating for almost a year that i wish vanilla was out already so we can put this nonsense behind us.

now beta is out and people are like "wait whaaaaat "

but they will never admit they were completly wrong

vanilla was never hard - it was tedious like fuck and all of use were still learning how to play proper MMORPG

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post

oh you naive sweet child - so they will go with 15 tanks not with 8 and once will land taunt for sure. its not like guilds which will get to nax will go with different setups then 8 warriors/8 rogues/8 mages for progress comps and ofr saff they will just take additional priests and can like 10 priest heal it to deal with dmg.

this is not 2004 anymore - by the time naxx will be out people who will get to naxx will have 2-3 bis toons on max level.

yeah because there were no mmorpg before wow

sure

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Fair enough, as long as that is acknowledged, then it indeed makes sense to point out HC tbc dungeons as the hardest non-scaleable, non-timed dungeons for sure.
    You mean cataclysm heroic dungeons.