View Poll Results: Are Milkshakes an Appropriate Response to Fascism?

Voters
100. This poll is closed
  • Yes

19 19.00%
  • No

81 81.00%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    You defeat people at the polls or in debates with facts.
    The art of winning at debate actually has very little to do with facts. Debating is about convincing people. Sadly, not being constrained by facts can often be used to great advantage in the arena of public debate.

That is why fascism is on the rise today. Because the modern day fascist is better at convincing people through charm, lies and deceit than people of intellect and integrity who rely on the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Making them look stupid by covering them in milkshake also strips their power away.
    It can go the opposite way if they are good at playing victims, and as I understand this douche got quite the silver tongue/good at manipulating.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    You defeat people at the polls or in debates with facts. Similar to how you don't need to punch a communist to defeat their arguments, you just point out how every communist state turned out.

Now, if fascists, communists, Islamists, or any other virulent ideology actually take over a state and commit acts of violence, then of course you take action.
    This is objectively false.

Facts in debates do not matter.

You should know, you very rarely rely on facts.

Did you just seriously include "islamist" as a virulent ideology? What about Christians?

Look at those fascists over there - let's physically assault them due to their political views!

I'm not on the far-right, I'm mid-right, but anyone throwing milkshake at me on purpose would probably get their spine torn out and shoved up their ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    conservatives care deeply about the battle of ideas and free speech thats why they wait until they gain power to sent you to a concentratrion camp to be executed
    Your sentence is so fucked up your confusion is showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Milkshakes are better than fists so I support this. I personally would rather engage in debate, but thats just me.

No way good milkshake should be wasted on trash
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-22 at 12:41 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

But it also gives them ammunition to say that the "lefties" (read: everyone not them) are emotionally unstable while the right, with their impressive roster of mass shooters, are the emotionally stable and mentally secure ones.

The proper tactic is to fight them with logic and sense, because their viewpoints are often thinly-veiled bullshit and attempts to use faulty data to spin a dishonest narrative. Encourage people to actually look into the media they consume and to not judge a situation by a headline alone. This age of short, rapid-fire news and sensationalist headlines is the only reason these people are growing, because most people aren't willing to look past the surface and see the narrative being spun here.

I do like the message here, though. I do think a good way to shut down this era of idiotic radicalism based on this idea of "intellectual superiority" is to properly make these people look like the idiots and conmen they are. More actually properly structured debates with moderates and left that know wtf they're talking about, because when that happens these people almost always come out looking like the upset manbabies they are.

Also, use something shitty like sewage water. Don't waste your milkshakes, shit's expensive.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-05-22 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Debating with facts only works if both sides agree to enter into the debate honestly and fairly. If one side respects facts and the other side calls everything they don't like a lie, all the debate does is normalize that (wrong) way of looking at things.
    Very true.

Which is why threads like this are a complete waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I believe they’re usually shitty shakes similar to McDonald’s if that helps.
    Paul Crowther, 32, from Throckley, Newcastle, said it was a £5.25 banana and salted caramel milkshake.
    This one was a £5 one, according to the guy who threw it

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    I'm not on the far-right, I'm mid-right, but anyone throwing milkshake at me on purpose would probably get their spine torn out and shoved up their ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Your sentence is so fucked up your confusion is showing.
    You claim mid right so you're far right?

If you're American and any type of right, you're far right..

Problem is the milkshake wasn't thrown at a fascist

How is this a good idea? This is political intimidation.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    One of the better things going in the UK right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    How is this a good idea? This is political intimidation.
    But thats a good thing.

They did shut down McDonald’s recently due to this threat. Any idea if that was in this area?
    Na, that was in Edinburgh, this was Newcastle.

Dear people of Scotland.

We’re selling milkshakes all weekend.

Have fun.

Love BK

#justsaying

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    One of the better things going in the UK right now.

- - - Updated - - -

But thats a good thing.
    Care to explain how, in today's modern society, physical intimidation to achieve politic ends is a good thing?

Make it good

Nope. Mostly because I see a lot of people arrested for protesting in DC when they’re not physically harming anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe they’re usually shitty shakes similar to McDonald’s if that helps.
    If they protest illegally they obviously don't care about peoples safety, apply first, and give authorities time to prepare to stop any conflict that might rise from counter protesters.

Is it problematic applying for a permit to arrange a protest in the U.S?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    How does one combat the rising tide of fascism in the age of new media? I have no idea, but to embrace all forms of interaction or protest and just see what works.

Others have covered it, but there can’t be too many articles about an essential weapon in the fight against fascism: humiliation. OK, sarcasm too, if it humiliates.

Why Milkshaking Works
    The far right fears nothing more than public humiliation.

Nothing animates the far right or shapes its worldview quite so much as the desire to humiliate others—and the fear of being humiliated themselves. It’s why alt-right trolls, projecting their own sexual insecurities, enjoy calling their opponents “cucks.” It’s why they rally around blustery authoritarian figures like Donald Trump who cast themselves as beyond embarrassment, shame, or ridicule. They brandish humiliation like a weapon while craving release from it.

Getting doused in a milkshake robs far-right figures of the air of chauvinistic invulnerability that they spend so much time cultivating.

The ethno supremacist doused in dairy product and the civility fetishists who enable them will whine and bluster about mean, nasty, milkshake-wielding lefties. And sarcasm.

That’s perfect. Whining does even more damage to the fragile veneer of Fascist Manhood. Because they’re either the thin white streak that is going to drive out the ethno-hordes and defend Western civilization like the crusaders who are as fact-based as the Victorians’ chivalrous knights, or they’re the sort of people who whine and bluster when they’re splattered with ice cream.

They can not be both.

The author also notes that supremacists want to be “described as dapper” and invited on talk shows and taken seriously. True.

Contempt, sarcasm, and some shaming seem like effective ways to counter this.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1130809240598265856/Sy_-WQef?format=jpg&name=600x314[/]
    Only a tool would support assault on people they disagree with. When you have no argument you result to violence.

If someone can get that close with a milkshake, they can get that close with a gun or knife.

That was a major failure of his security team.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I think using violence as a tool to achieve peace is much more logical a concept than "peacefully calling for violence".

At least, throughout history, peace is something that is ultimately achieved by blood, sweat and tears; but the latter is just sealionning by Nazis.

"If you use violence to defend yourself against my violence, you are violent too!!!" "If you can't accept my intolerance, you must be intolerant too" seems to be the prevailing emotional blackmail by deplorables.
    What a fascist thing to say. Hell kill everyone you disagree with and there will be no more disagreements!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    Didn't they send someone to prison for a year in Britain for throwing bacon at a mosque?
    They sent someone to jail for throwing a shoe at President Bush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    If someone can get that close with a milkshake, they can get that close with a gun or knife.

That was a major failure of his security team.
    Reminder that a an extreme right winger actually shot dead a Labour MP just prior to the Brexit vote. Fuck off with your false equivalences.