Poll: Who’s to blame for violence in the world?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is it ok to blame The Media for politics snd Government but not Violence?

Seems to me the only difference is one is aimed at children and kids who aren’t expected to know any better and the other is aimed at adults that are expected to and should.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Seems to me the only difference is one is aimed at children and kids who aren’t expected to know any better and the other is aimed at adults that are expected to and should.
    It is ok and they are blamed for both. But the real blame for a lot of issues people have begins in their homes.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is ok and they are blamed for both. But the real blame for a lot of issues people have begins in their homes.
    Interesting. I just think it’s funny how the media is all encompassing and source for evil and moral degradation until it’s not. Typically all in the (SS) breath by idiots.

Like the media has so much pop and influence it can control politicians governments and even the general public even to the point of conspiracy. All to influence people who should know better and have more power

However the same media shouldn’t be blamed from getting gets hooked on poor eating habits as children and addicted to violent video games. The most vulnerable and least accountable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. I just think it’s funny how the media is all encompassing and source for evil and moral degradation until it’s not. Typically all in the (SS) breath by idiots.

Like the media has so much pop and influence it can control politicians governments and even the general public even to the point of conspiracy. All to influence people who should know better and have more power

However the same media shouldn’t be blamed from getting gets hooked on poor eating habits as children and addicted to violent video games. The most vulnerable and least accountable.
    I like how Denzil Washington answered a question about the crime, high incarceration rates among some people and was the justice system to blame? He said; " Do not blame the system, it begins in the home. Some will say, well, I did not have a father to direct me and my question would be, where was your father? "
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

People are responsible for their own actions but the media does give people a reason. School shooting is influenced by the media, shooters want to be heard, they want to be infamous and the media gives them the platform the want. Some media outlets is starting to take responsibility and refuse to report the shooters identity.

I expect to see more people to live stream their killing sprees in the future.

People having problems with obesity, drugs or anger issues and so on, in my experience they almost exclusively have failures for parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Denzil Washington answered a question about the crime, high incarceration rates among some people and was the justice system to blame? He said; " Do not blame the system, it begins in the home. Some will say, well, I did not have a father to direct me and my question would be, where was your father? "
    Yeah but environment plays a roll too. The expectations we would have for people regardless of circumstances. Blaming a lack of fathers only goes so far. Culture also breeds actin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but environment plays a roll too. The expectations we would have for people regardless of circumstances. Blaming a lack of fathers only goes so far. Culture also breeds actin.
    The family unit is also a environment. And a culture.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-05-22 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    People are responsible for their own actions but the media does give people a reason. School shooting is influenced by the media, shooters want to be heard, they want to be infamous and the media gives them the platform the want. Some media outlets is starting to take responsibility and refuse to report the shooters identity.

The thing is that it stems from not being heard. That doesn't mean they want to get into media. Some do, don't get me wrong. However when I hear people talk about them wanting to be heard it's because they have been ignored when they just feel worse and worse, either through mental issues or excess bullying.

Media stopping to report the killers name won't really stop shootings from happening. They aren't being heard by their school or family that can help them get the help they need. Media has no influence on that. They need to be heard by the ones that are supposed to help them.

As long as their problems are being ignored shootings will continue to happen regardless of media's reporting.

Still think Marilyn mansons input on the colombine shooting is spot on. We need to listen to the kids, we don't or tell them to suck it up and in worst case scenarios they snap and fix their issues with drastic measures.I highly doubt one of those kids wanted attention from the media instead of attention from the parents or doctors.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-22 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah all of the above is true. However what I blame the most is bad information the news is canned now all of it has a script unless it’s the infotainment.

Lack of journalism or the ability to go against anything not in line with bottom line.

- - - Updated - - -

The family unit is also a environment. And a culture.

Right families right more than one. Can’t blame a lack of fathers when no fathers are there. Then there is the influence of what fathers are there to do.

The bottom line is no I don’t agree with you. Because before we got here we were there. How did we get from there to here if back then was so great and it was better then.

If something was better then we should have more of it now so obviously it wasn’t.

Before you respond as to why that might be and I’ll disagree with. Understand what I said applies to more than fathers. If societies were better then we wouldn’t have what we have now good and bad.

So no I don’t agree with that line or Denzel. Lack of fathers if you call it that is a symptom like everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I highly doubt one of those kids wanted attention from the media instead of attention from the parents or doctors.
    I dont know man, have you seen the un-redacted columbine shooting videos?

I wish I never watched them with the sound turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I dont know man, have you seen the un-redacted columbine shooting videos?

I wish I never watched them with the sound turned on.
    My point is that the core issue of what's causing shootings aren't "I wanna be media fameous". It's probably being neglected and or bullied and no one cares to listen to their issues. Which gets worse and worse and in the end results in "I will make people listen to me" sort of thing. Craving media attention or fame is when the need for attention has been ignored for too long.

I highly doubt someone feeling awful and plan a school shooting will go "oh they won't report my name?" GUESS IT'S NO POINT.
    They will still be "heard" by the ones that ignored them if they follow through.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-22 at 02:01 PM.

The thing is that it stems from not being heard. That doesn't mean they want to get into media. Some do, don't get me wrong. However when I hear people talk about them wanting to be heard it's because they have been ignored when they just feel worse and worse, either through mental issues or excess bullying.

Media stopping to report the killers name won't really stop shootings from happening. They aren't being heard by their school or family that can help them get the help they need. Media has no influence on that. They need to be heard by the ones that are supposed to help them.

As long as their problems are being ignored shootings will continue to happen regardless of media's reporting.

Still think Marilyn mansons input on the colombine shooting is spot on. We need to listen to the kids, we don't or tell them to suck it up and in worst case scenarios they snap and fix their issues with drastic measures.I highly doubt one of those kids wanted attention from the media instead of attention from the parents or doctors.
    It won't stop it but it will slow it down. There is a reason why school shootings shot up after columbine.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...tching-on.html

Inspired by Columbine, Brazil pair kill eight and themselves in school shooting

The Media rile people up, but ultimately it is stupid people that get riled up by the media.

It won't stop it but it will slow it down. There is a reason why school shootings shot up after columbine.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...tching-on.html

Inspired by Columbine, Brazil pair kill eight and themselves in school shooting
    Ofc, because it showed that people would finally listen to them. No one is denying that. The problem still stems from them being ignored within their communities to the point it boils over to media attention. To prevent it is to listen to people before the problem gets big enough for them to do these kind of things.

Denying media attention won't solve their mental issues caused by neglect.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-22 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is that the core issue of what's causing shootings aren't "I wanna be media fameous". It's probably being neglected and or bullied and no one cares to listen to their issues. Which gets worse and worse and in the end results in "I will make people listen to me" sort of thing.
    Oh yeah, I see what you mean. they wanted to be heard. What about? Who knows. In the video they ramble about being famous and "people knowing" while they walk around and shoot people.

Blaming the media is pretty much literally shooting the messenger.

Of course, the media landscape has been poisoned by propaganda outlets posing as media. That of course is the intention, to undermine trust in the media so it cannot be used against liars and the corrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Oh yeah, I see what you mean. they wanted to be heard. What about? Who knows. In the video they ramble about being famous and "people knowing" while they walk around and shoot people.
    Indeed, at best the denying media attention might delay a shooting till it gets even worse for them. Which they still get Btw. People will still report it. We can't ignore reporting shootings. Eventually the names will come out. Their actions speaks louder than thwor name though. Their impact has been made.

I just find it odd that people think it will somehow help prevent them.

You could try to stop anyone reporting on your annual school shootings.

Or, crazy idea, you could try gun control. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ofc, because it showed that people would finally listen to them. No one is denying that. The problem still stems from them being ignored within their communities to the point it boils over to media attention. To prevent it is to listen to people before the problem gets big enough for them to do these kind of things.

Denying media attention won't solve their mental issues caused by neglect.
    I do agree a huge part of the problem is the kids getting bullied and teachers/parents ignoring it. When I was a kid bullies teased you or you got into a fight now and then, bullies today say things like "you should kill yourself" Also when I was a kid you were a wuss if the fight was more than one on one, now it's a game vs 1 small kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You could try to stop anyone reporting on your annual school shootings.

Or, crazy idea, you could try gun control. LOL.
    You can report on school shootings without giving the shooter a platform. There is no reason to plaster their name and face all over the news unless they are on the run.