Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Good for them. Gender politics have no place in children cartoons. Its disgusting that some people find such cartoons ok.
    Of course, if the partner he was marrying was a woman, you'd have said the same thing, right?

Where's the right and their crying about censorship and freedom of speech?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Kids shows nowadays are far more than mere entertainment. Gone are the days of Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy. If you want kids shows to be educational, where they learn right from wrong and social norms, etc, gay characters should be included. Not doing so only makes it harder for kids to understand the concept of being gay, as well as gay marriage, and that has the potential for kids to view it as different and/or not normal.
    But kids shows have been that way as long as there have been kids shows. However the morals they used to push are no longer controversial, so we forgot they were at the time.

Take for instance "Leave it to Beaver" which is sort of the quintessential 1950s kids show, and now seen by many as sort of an icon of Wholesome American Values. But the wholesome American values it championed were rather new at the time, and much of the show was actually seen as controversial at the time. As an example, the first episode was nearly banned because it depicted a Bathroom and a toilet. Which was considered crass, and unfit for television. More serious concerns including depictions of alcoholism and friendships across social lines, which was highly controversial at the time. Parents were shown as fallible people who were not always correct, which was seen as a disruptive message for a show aimed at young children. Granted the show was still popular, but it was far from immune to criticisms of "Propaganda"

The same thing occurred in the 1960s, where shows began to show women working, including black characters in roles other then domestic servants, and so forth. Many of them staked clear positions in the fight over civil rights, and were subsequently blasted for it.

Before TV, Radio did the same thing, before that, magazines and newspapers did it, before that, Plays and Minstrel Shows did so. Claiming this is somehow new to the 21st century is distinct lack of awareness in how popular forms of children's entertainment always have been.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I can only imagine their reaction 'oh no if we air this it'll turn our kids gay'. What a weird world.

Also I didn't even know Arthur was still a thing :S
    Frogs were just a first step.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Silly yes but Arthur should be banned simply for being a shitty cartoon, it's almost as bad as that my little pony shit

I'm also not a fan of putting propaganda in children cartoons.
    I dont see how you can view love between two adults as propaganda. You could just admit that you hate gay people..

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find this ironic since Alabama has no problem incest, but they care about two fictional characters being gay.

Good for them. Gender politics have no place in children cartoons. Its disgusting that some people find such cartoons ok.
    showing the existence of a gay couple isn't politics.

it's religion in government that allows this, this is why all religion should be banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    WTF is wrong with that state? Definitely a place I will never go to... not even to pass through.
    Perhaps they are standing up to the left wing media and saying you will NOT indoctrinate our kids in your anything goes gender/LGBT agenda. That is up to the parents to decide if its OK or not. The only LGBT They and I support is Liberty, Guns, Bibles, and Trump. Same reason I and so many other boycott everything Disney owns

It has nothing to do with gender politics, homosexuality is normal and happens with most species.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Nice attempt to brain wash kids that they should accept homosexuality from early age.
    Just like all the other "brain washing", MIRITE?!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Perhaps they are standing up to the left wing media and saying you will NOT indoctrinate our kids in your anything goes gender/LGBT agenda. That is up to the parents to decide if its OK or not. The only LGBT They and I support is Liberty, Guns, Bibles, and Trump. Same reason I and so many other boycott everything Disney owns
    i agree that the 57 gender shit is a load of crap that needs to not be taught.

but gay people actually exist, and there's nothing wrong with it. no religious doctrine should have ANY say in our laws as a nation, it's forbidden by the constitution.

Man... Alabama is working it's way to getting chiseled off from the USA and pushed out to sea...
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

10+ Year Old Account
    In my mind, Trump doesn't really appear to be aligned to either liberty or the Bible. He seems both scummy and oppressive

Gay propaganda aimed at 5 years olds.
    What's next, pedo propaganda aimed at children?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    lol good point. Sore losers simply don't know when to let go.
    Sounds a lot like Hillary supporters

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Pretty much all mainstream movies coming out are owned by disney, good luck lol

Religion does a fine job of indoctrination and poisoning the minds of youths, teaching people it is ok to be gay is not a bad thing. I have friends who had very hard times because people are horrible.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    How long will it take for something that is federally legal to no longer be about politics? 10 years? 50 years? 100 years?
    When the SCOTUS reviews it again with judges that rule based on the Constitution rather than feelings

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Uh, no shit?

Why would a cartoon character have the right to get married when their own gay citizens can't?
    They can. The Supreme Court ruled gay marriage bans unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm also not a fan of putting propaganda in children cartoons.
    Gay characters getting married = "propaganda" lol.

How long will it take for something that is federally legal to no longer be about politics? 10 years? 50 years? 100 years?
    They're literally trying to overturn Roe v. Wade as we speak.

Apparently ~20% of the US still thinks intermarriage is wrong.

https://www.newsweek.com/20-percent-...l-finds-845608

Alabama still had anti-miscegenation laws on its books up to at least 1999:

http://edition.cnn.com/US/9903/12/interracial.marriage/

So...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alabama continues to uphold the proud tradition of being the embodiment of evangelical hypocrisy, I see.

"Little girl gets raped? Make her carry the child to term!"
    "Roy Moore? More like, Roy Hell Yeah!"
    "School full of kids gets shot up by a psychopath? Defund mental health and thoughts and prayers!"
    "A cartoon is getting gay married?! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

Why don't they just offer thoughts and prayers to every family where Daddy has to stop beating his wife long enough to explain that other people live other lives? Maybe he can do it while he's nuts-deep in his little girl, who will then be forced to carry daughter-granddaughter to term.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!