Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    You joke, but how is this not a reality show about drunk girls crashing wild weddings yet?
    I'll be honest here, I'd actually watch that pilot. Probably not the whole season, but the pilot sounds promising.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Same sex marriage is a hot button topic according to society. Just like gun, abortion, etc. It has nothing to do with MY feelings. Why don't you stay on topic instead of baiting me?
    Again, literally the only people for whom it's a "hot button topic", are homophobes. They're the only ones who think it's an issue in any way whatsoever.

Your insistence that it should be banned is entirely about your personal feelings. Hence me pointing them out.

Did you also freak out when Disney's Frozen showed a gay couple?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Same-sex marriage is only a "hot button topic" to people that have an issue with it being a thing, in my experience. Most people just get on with their lives.
    Just like gun rights is a hot button topic to some people. It's something that doesn't belong in children cartoons, it has shit to do on how you or I feel about the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Factually untrue. Lions, several apes, and wolves have all been documented in the wild engaging in homo- or bisexual activity. This most often arises during times of overpopulation, providing adults that can assist the tribe/pride/troop/pack/etc. in hunting, gathering, and child-rearing without contributing more children to a burdened ecosystem. Bonobos apes in particular have been witnessed engaging in casual bisexual relations as a means of strengthening bonds within the group.
    Or it could just be that they dont have the intelligence to tell the difference between a male and a female and just want to hump anything they can

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    WTF is wrong with that state? Definitely a place I will never go to... not even to pass through.
    This is one of the guys deciding womens rights in Alabama lol...

https://theweek.com/speedreads/84285...ugh-police-say
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-05-22 at 03:07 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0329 View Post
    To my mind, Soldier was, in personality, a rip off of Clint Eastwood. Obviously it's not a logical premise that because Clint isn't gay, Soldier therefore isn't, but it's difficult, for me, to break the connection, and ergo to me personally it feels shoehorned (that, in itself, probably being a poor choice of words).

No offense intended. Merely a personal opinion based off personal observations and associations.
    I've seen this argument a lot not the Clint Eastwood one but that because Soldier was portrayed as a manly army man who was tough that it is shoehorned in that he's gay.. like gay people can't be those things.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Being gay is not how things are supposed to be, but we still have the right to be gay because we have rights. Thats it.
    rights? you can take those "rights" away and you know what? those people will still be gay, you cannot change what people find sexually attractive by taking away their rights, they will still be gay, you'll just be a backwards 3rd world shithole like SA, but thats Alabama anyway.

battle of ideas conservatives dont censor ideas that offend them

Just like gun rights is a hot button topic to some people. It's something that doesn't belong in children cartoons, it has shit to do on how you or I feel about the subject.
    I think it's fine and should we ban hetero relationships as well because that a thing?
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-05-22 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, literally the only people for whom it's a "hot button topic", are homophobes. They're the only ones who think it's an issue in any way whatsoever.

Your insistence that it should be banned is entirely about your personal feelings. Hence me pointing them out.

Did you also freak out when Disney's Frozen showed a gay couple?
    Correct, it is a hotbutton topic with those who have issues with it, Good for you you figured that out. Pointing out that a part of society has issue with it doesn't mean I agree with it. Only ignorant people make that assumption.

I never said anything homophobic and you're flaming me by insinuating I did. It's ok keep it up I will just keep reporting
    But you literally said homophobic things.... you literally said homophobic things. Calling gay marriage a hot button topic that makes you uneasy if it is in media is a homophobic thing to say.

If you don't want to be called out for expressing homophobic thoughts... don't express them?

Same sex marriage is a hot button topic according to society. Just like gun, abortion, etc. It has nothing to do with MY feelings. Why don't you stay on topic instead of baiting me?
    Hot button topic according to homophobes yes you are right.

*insert any hot button topic* should be left out of children cartoons regardless of your feelings. I already stated this, for you to ignore the statement tells me you have limited reading comprehension or you are trying to bait me.
    Putting the notion that gay marriage is a hot button aside, that sounds like a recipe for raising a sheltered child. How about instead of prohibiting what cartoons show (in the name of liberty of course) parents used cartoons - i.e. a familiar setting for the child, presenting things in a manner they can understand - showing "hot button topics" as an opportunity to have a discussion with the child and explaining things further (if needs be) so that the hot button topic ceases to be that for the developing person? Wait, that'd require actually doing some parenting, which is a preposterous idea. Better to go all small government on it and just ban it forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Aren't there laws against censorship in the USA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Or it could just be that they dont have the intelligence to tell the difference between a male and a female and just want to hump anything they can
    Fully automated luxery gay space communism is the future.

Totally not a hot button topic, that's why there isn't a state banning a cartoon over it. /s
    Do you consider men in shorts and a tank top a hot button issue because overly religious sharia law in Saudi Arabia means men are supposed to dress modestly?

^ Things a homophobe would say.

gay animals? OMG THEY'RE NOT GAY THEY'RE RETARDED LUL!

those animals are just living like the greeks they can be gay and no-one judges or hates them for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no. Animals have primary, secondary, and tertiary sexual characteristics that they readily recognize. This has been exhaustively studied as ongoing research into animal behaviors as part of humanity's ongoing efforts to understand and quantify the world around us.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct, it is a hotbutton topic with those who have issues with it, Good for you you figured that out. Pointing out that a part of society has issue with it doesn't mean I agree with it. Only ignorant people make that assumption.
    You're supporting banning the content to protect the fragile sensibilities of homophobes. That's what I'm attacking.

Kids entertainment isn't just about entertainment. It's educational, and helps to establish norms. This kind of content should be included in children's entertainment. Bigots who can't handle it should be ignored, because what they're trying to do is foster hate among children. Not only should that not be tolerated, it should be considered child abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Nice attempt to brain wash kids that they should accept homosexuality from early age.
    Do you have any proof that this actually happens other than your feellings?

Totally not a hot button topic, that's why there isn't a state banning a cartoon over it. /s
    Iran bans women's sports events because they show women without covered hair. Are women without covered hair a hot button topic now? Regressive religious governments doing regressive religious bullshit doesn't magically turn something into a hit button topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.