Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel it's about fairly even, with the Alliance getting the edge to win for me

Highmountain taurens are -just- Taurens with antlers and facepaint, and I dislike Taurens to begin with
    Nightborne are essentially scuffed Night Elfs in my opinion
    Mag'har Orcs are pretty okay though, love the fact that they can be costumized to resemble a member of any (almost?) Warlords orc clan
    Zandalari trolls are pretty awesome I will admit that

I like Void Elfs, for me they're 'improved' versions of Blood elfs (more costimization options, love their passive turn-to-purple racial)
    Lightbourne Draenei for some reason look a lot better than the regular Draenei for me, although I do find their heritage armor to be boring
    Dark Iron Dwarves are awesome, their fiery beards, fiery eyes, head tattoos.. awesome!
    Kul'Tiran are easily my favourite addition, I LOVE the Male Kul Tirans, they look awesome in plate and leather, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Same model, same animations, same silhouette.

If it wasn't for the character name/outline/health bar color, you would have no idea if it's friend or foe until they're right on your face.
    That's what a subrace is, genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    That's what a subrace is, genius.
    Except Allied races are not "sub-races"? "Genius".
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except Allied races are not "sub-races"? "Genius".
    Yes, they are. Until Vulpera comes out, what Blizzard says does not match up with what they have done. Every AR is a subrace, only two of them use new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    You make it sound like horde got vastly superior races.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So tired of these dumb people saying stupid things like "Vrykul".... WTF do they have to do with BFA? or the story in general? Are you forgetting the whole point of allied races is to help with the war effort?

So stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I

Lightforged Draenei - My real problem with this race is that, by the game's own lore, they are presented as being "BETTER Draenei" than the existing Draenei. It would've been better if they'd been a genuine racial-offshoot, that "these are Draenei that spent tens of thousands of years fighting the Legion, where the only physical source of light was literally the Naaru". Visually, I'm okay with them (other than the armor and "jewel" on their tail doesn't match the rest of their visual cues), but they're a rare instance of a "new" race that, simply by EXISTING, makes one of the old races seem worse (because if your Draenei was TRULY powerful, they would become Lightforged, barring some mental gymnastics to justify them NOT wanting to become "powered-up").
    Biggest problem with lightforged imo is the lack of classes to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    You know, I always forget about Furbolgs, but I can admit, you *COULD* do something with them. Definitely a pretty unique "vibe" for a race. Admittedly, they're almost always presented as extremely peaceful, borderline "helpless". But expanding them a bit could be kind of cool, and it would also be a great way to give the Night Elven culture a little more presence in the Alliance, as they clearly share a love of nature with the Furbolgs (plus, it gives the Alliance a race that *isn't* another Light-worshipping race). Also, they would totally work as another Shaman-friendly race, which is always welcome.

Granted, I can't much see them being a "model-swap" of any existing races, though. Not unless they were *VERY* heavily modified. The closest I could maybe see -- just in terms of "skeleton" and animations -- would maybe be the Tauren?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I still stand behind Vrykul as a desirable race, though, simply because their particular brand of Viking culture is still fairly unique. There's always been some discrepency behind how large the Vrykul ACTUALLY are -- their in-game models are usually the size of small giants -- but most of the time NPC's are scaled simply to be easier to see/click on (it's not like Arthas or Tirion Fordring were each 12-feet tall). Kul Tirans are probably about as large as the Vrykul would actually need to be, since Kul Tirans are already *freakishly* large (again, just another one of the problems I have with them; they look like they were created by someone who never even bothered to LOOK at any of the other races for scale).

Sadly KulTirans are probably as close as we’re getting to Vrykul for the time being. In their history it says that Arathor humans settled in KulTiras and eventually had a war against the Drust(a faction of Vrykul) Some of the Drust disagreed with GorakTul and joined the humans. Our playable KulTirans are most likely the descendants of these Drust thus the reason for their size

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Yes, they are. Until Vulpera comes out, what Blizzard says does not match up with what they have done. Every AR is a subrace, only two of them use new models.
    They're not "sub-races", though, in game mechanics terms, though. But even if they were, your post remains pointless because it doesn't address the issue that was being discussed. Good day.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Mechagnomes - Are you fucking shitting me? The new character-models for Gnomes already made them the unambiguously UGLIEST race in the game, and now you're going to double-down on that? Oh, and their culture is EXACTLY the same as the tinkerers of Gnomeregan, they just have a shitload of amputees running around. Those are cool options, for sure, but in no way, shape, or form do they justify being a separate fucking RACE. Nothing about them is even vaguely distinct from "regular Gnomes", they just have some snazzier options and built-in goggles.
    I don't understand why they aren't the actual robot Gnomes. I would love to play one of those, not something that looks exactly like existing Gnomes.

You know what, OP? Kudos for actually highlighting that this is your opinion, rather than writing stuff like this off as an objective fact. I personally think Mecha Gnomes are the most interesting alleid race yet, since we don't have any mech/steampunk races, I do agree that DI are pretty awesome. I also like Kul'tirans but I don't have one at 120 either, so I'll refrain from saying they're great.

As for Lightforged Draenei being better Draenei, isn't that what Highmountain Tauren are? They only have antlers because of the blessing of Cenarius, they're not like Taunka or Yaunghol, where they're an actual new subspecies.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    The new mechagnomes look stupid. But wait you know the devs are gonna give the alliance another lame allied race. Just so they can spend more time on creating a better horde counterpart. But this time around it might bite them back. There needing to keep players, not drive players away. Or risk loosing subs and potentially getting themselves or those under them layed off.
    Kul'tirans took as long as the rest of the allied races combined, buddy.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am fairly underwhelmed by this whole AR stuff. However, the way I see it, Horde got the best AND the worst ARs (i.e. Zandalari and NB, respectively), while Ally ARs are more average, that is they aren't as cool as Zandalari, but not as atrocious as NB either.

Personally, the only ARs I would give a hoot about are Zandalari and Mag'har (love the clan tattoos thing) for Horde, and KTs and VEs for Ally - although I'd have very much preferred a better introduction for the latter. I love the entire Void thing, and NPCs such as Astromancer Solarian or Star Augur Etraeus had a very interesting (even if quite limited) background.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Yeh but they are a fat and unappealing race, and the rest are straight re-skins. Add some armor and change the skin tone then bam! Call them new races.
    Your personal preference has no bearing on whether or not Kul Tirans are a reskin.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    yeah, but that's because most people dont know anything about the lore besides Sylvanas is bad, and they dont care about it whatsoever.
    that's why you see them wanting races like vulpera and sethrak over other, historic ones.

it's like going to the Ferrari dealership and asking for a truck, because they like trucks... and Ferrari actually makes them a TRUCK. ='(
    I know what you meant, but bad example bro.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Your personal preference has no bearing on whether or not Kul Tirans are a reskin.
    Cold hard facts that the races are reskins, nothing to do with my preferences

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Cold hard facts that the races are reskins, nothing to do with my preferences
    Except kultirans and zandalari are not reskins.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Except kultirans and zandalari are not reskins.
    The rest are. 3/4

That's what I think too ...
    I have only VE about the allied races because the other does not interest me at all, it makes me wait until the High elves.

For me the only two allied races that would be more than anything to play in the alliance are:

- The high-elves (need paladin)
    - The WildHammer Dwarves (need druide)

So I hope they arrive at 9.0.

Stop whinning, you make the Alliance players look like crybaby

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Furbolgs are one of the few races aligned with the alliance that would really be different
    True, they would be a fine addition. However, I feel they would have to make more lore for Alliance-sided Furbolgs, however, considering that most Alliance-leaning Furbolg tribes are either corrupted, dead, tricked by the Horde, or small in number. I would imagine they'd have to write a story similar to Tauren, with a larger "combined tribe" of Furbolgs. Then again, there were originally like 14 Void Elves to make an entire race.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.