Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    Thanks for the interesting read reminds me of how upper class still does this today.
    There has always been the have's and the have not's, that will never change.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    There has always been the have's and the have not's, that will never change.
    It can, make it illegal for sociopaths/psychopaths or those with similar qualities to hold positions of power.

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    Fuck homeless people

How do you make lazy and useless people not be lazy? I have 2 and coming up on a 3rd journeyman trade certificates and a bachelors degree ( single mother/ deadbeat father and I'm a metis, so before you cry privilege lol) because im not lazy and useless

Just fucking work hard at an actual career, show up to work be johnny on the spot make it known you want to advance and then prove your are worth it , dont whine that minimum wage is too low ( you're not supposed to be there very long) , use fucking birth control so you don't get saddled with children before your career is stable. Don't spend your money on garbage until you have enough to afford it, don't fuck up your credit. Houses are easy to buy , just save ( im 37 and own 2 and a 4 plex)

Life isnt fucking hard

Oh and the homeless trash the fuck out of places, I spend a few days a month fixing the apartment complex they have for the homeless in my town, they kick the doors down, holes in the walls, smash the windows, rip the plumbing out of the wall, burn the floors, flood them. Not to mention the discarded needles in the bushes, shit in the stairwells etc.
    Ah, nothing some good ol' hippy nonsense to wake you up in the morning. "Work hard and this is will be great" is the biggest load of horse shit ever said. 'Cause life just works itself out when you "work hard" and nothing ever comes around d to ruin it. Apparently life is all rainbows to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Average hourly wage in this country is 26$ per hour. We have historic unemployment, where literally job recruiters are going into prisons to get labor. It is a roaring economy with little to no inflation. If your homeless it is your own fault.
    Holy shit, that's hilarious. The idea people are willing to hand you a job is asinine on it's own but that the average wage is $26 takes it a step further. Why are there so many hippies on this forum?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I am suprised that no one in this thread asked WHY there are so many homeless people, why the US has seemingly more than comparable countries.
    Well, i better let someone else state some numbers as to why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_l4Ab5FRwM
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    That is similar here in Wyoming, Laramie is more expensive then Cheyenne but even by that standard it is not very expensive overall so much so that a UBI from Andrew Yang would afford you a decent to moderate home. If you go much further north homes are even cheaper its just the middle of nowhere. I think alot of the costal cities problems due to housing prices is the overall population density and lack of housing. The speculative market is also deep in this but from all the bad things i hear from gentrification i have yet to see it first hand here anyhow. When we bought the home i am in currently it was considered a fixer upper which is fine overall as i enjoyed learning how to do that kind of work and saved me a good 40k or so.

- - - Updated - - -

We will have a robot head tax at some point, i am sure you understand that. I dont think they want them to pay 50k but nothing wrong with 24-28k which is what i assume would be easily enough to live on ( just based on here again in Wyoming ).
    Yeah. Here in Ohio it also will vary according to the area you want to live. In districts which have high local taxes, they tend to be higher and it is usually the high wage earners who live there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    I am suprised that no one in this thread asked WHY there are so many homeless people, why the US has seemingly more than comparable countries.
    Well, i better let someone else state some numbers as to why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_l4Ab5FRwM
    Well, drug addiction is one of the main reasons and the video explains that to some degree and also mental illness. PTSD is a serous issue with returning vets from fighting in a combat zone which puts so much restrictions on them from out right winning it. The rotations for those overseas is done too often with the same soldiers going back multiple times because we do not have a draft. Good video, thanks for sharing it.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    The problem is, not every job is economically worth paying a "living wage". Flipping burgers, for example. Or serving coffee. Not every single job in the country CAN be paid out at $50k a year, nor SHOULD every job. And let's be real, if you try and force companies like Starbucks and McDonalds to pay living wages for serving coffee and flipping burgers, all you're going to do is make them automate their establishments as much as possible and not have to pay workers at all. Which will end up making people lose work, making the problem you set out to fix in the first place even worse.
    Hence why we need a Universal Basic Income. We can't play games like this. If we can't pay a living wage and automation is inevitable then UBI is needed. We can't solve homelessness without it. If the choice is low paying jobs or automation then capitalism has failed and we need to fix it. If the 1% have majority of the money then clearly the answer is to move the money back down by force. No amount of low paying wages will stop companies from automating anyway, so we might as well fix it properly now. First by creating living wages and secondly with a UBI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Where I used to live, there was this well-known homeless woman who was actually a millionaire. She had wealthy family too. They were all there for her, but she was just mentally ill. She preferred to live on the streets.

In the case of drugs and alcohol, they rarely come after the homelessness. Those are usually precursors to homelessness. Sure, there are things like job stress, layoffs, and other such things that encourage the downward spiral, but the numbing agents aren't to help cope with being homeless.
    From my experience with these people it's usually their homosexuality that drives them into depression and homelessness. There are people who don't want to tell anyone of their sexuality and would rather keep it bottled up inside them, forever. These people can't deal with the idea that they like the same sex and it drives them to drugs and alcohol as a coping mechanism. Homelessness is just the by-product of their self destruction.

This isn't the case for everyone but I find a good majority of people are like this. Drugs and alcohol are never the reason just the coping mechanism of the real underlying reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    From my experience the reason these people are doing drugs/booze is because they have a underlying problem. I have a friend who was telling me how it maybe genetic or something he was born with and I told him that's nonsense. He clearly has an underlying problem that only he knows and nobody else. Turns out I was right and he was molested when he was a child, but he didn't want to tell anyone that. He's not a bum but he is an alcoholic. He's surprisingly a functional alcoholic.

There's no fixing these people. They will eventually relapse and maybe even kill themselves by overdosing. I argue these people need a UBI. Once they feel financially stable then they can try to move on. No amount of group therapy is going to fix them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

So send them to forced rehab, then drop them in the #1 bucket and help them find a job?
    Long video but worth the watch.

Last edited by zEmini; 2019-05-22 at 05:04 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post

Got a TL;DR there? Some of us are at work and can't watch videos, long or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well, drug addiction is one of the main reasons and the video explains that to some degree and also mental illness. PTSD is a serous issue with returning vets from fighting in a combat zone which puts so much restrictions on them from out right winning it. The rotations for those overseas is done too often with the same soldiers going back multiple times because we do not have a draft. Good video, thanks for sharing it.
    Don't agree on the bolded part. Soldiers in all wars suffered from PTSD, that is sadly not new. We just talk about them more than ever since information and cases are far more present, pressing, accessible and available.
    Some of the oldest studies (or attemps thereof) date back to the American Civil War. One of the oldest entries about it is from Austrian physician Josef Leopold (1761), who wrote about "nostalgia" among soldiers. Among those who were exposed to military trauma, some reported missing home, feeling sad, sleep problems, and anxiety. This description of PTSD-like symptoms was a model of psychological injury that existed into the Civil War. Other words used were 'shell shocked', 'battle fatigue' and 'war neurose'.
    https://www.ptsd.va.gov/understand/w...story_ptsd.asp

Sorry for the rambling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

There is a housing program for homeless in Hawaii and they have trouble keeping them in the home. They end up going back to Waikiki where the drugs are and pass out for the night with their homeless buddies on the street.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post

The video is stupid. Majority of it is about how Seattle residents are unhappy about the homelessness and drugs. Drugs beyond what my eyes could see. But nothing about why these people do drugs, or how to properly solve it beyond just arresting them and keeping them in jail. They did have a brief moment when some construction workers happen to appear to chant, "NO HEAD TAX" as if someone paid them to do it. They need public housing and a UBI to get these people the help they need. If they're that concerned about drugs then police that better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    The video is stupid. Majority of it is about how Seattle residents are unhappy about the homelessness and drugs. Drugs beyond what my eyes could see. But nothing about why these people do drugs, or how to properly solve it beyond just arresting them and keeping them in jail. They did have a brief moment when some construction workers happen to appear to chant, "NO HEAD TAX" as if someone paid them to do it. They need public housing and a UBI to get these people the help they need. If they're that concerned about drugs then police that better.
    Yeah pretty much it's a Sinclair Alt-Right Hit peace, by a reporter kind of known for his bullshit fluff reporting when he isn't politicking, I am sure there is a run for government or some other bullshit used to scam this horseshit documentary.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could get Democrats to stop wasting time and resources on People from other Countries and focus on helping their own first instead of virtue signalling constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Could get Democrats to stop wasting time and resources on People from other Countries and focus on helping their own first instead of virtue signalling constantly.
    Volunteer about 3 hours a week, give about 5% of my paycheck to an environmental agency that I worked for in college.

A lot of the people who need help refuse it. The drug addicts featured in some of this propaganda for instance. People fleeing from despotic regimes that want to murder them or whatever else deserve it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle009 View Post
    I and my husband talked to a Veteran today who wants to buy a house, First Time Home Buyer, who was referred to a “Credit Repair Company” a couple of years ago (a well known, National Law firm)… they, of course, disputed EVERYTHING on his credit report. They also suggested that he obtain a Secured Credit Card (which he did) and maintain a balance roughly equal to half of the credit line (which he did). His scores went up – and he called us about getting pre-qualified to buy a house.

We ran him through Freddie Mac’s Automated Underwriting System (LP) and it was referred (meaning it was not approved) – Because everything is in dispute.

This is not the first, second or third time that we’ve seen someone turned down by the Automated Underwriting System – because everything on their credit report (except the one open trade line with the Credit Card Company) is in dispute!

I really was mad at my self for disputing all those . I once had an advice from a coworker about how an average American will simply hire a programmer to help delete those dispute and perhaps boost their scores .
    after my findings , jamesharden AT programmer DOT net was the programmer I found off youtube comment . He even deleted my rental history . ( Can you believe that ) . I suggest you save your self the stress of time waste with these credit repair companies
    Hirehackersandprogrammers .com is actually where I found some handpicked programmers including Lon Mond .
    Sometimes I think using a programmer is more effective and quicker than repair companies .

I also believe in linux so hard until a programmer proved to me that linux is also vulnerable . he finally helped me delete some negative stamps I had when I was coming up. I did some bad things that is kinda affecting me right now .
    lonmond AT programmer .DOT net was the link I got from New York times page ( comment session ) . I had total of 12 but he was able to remove only 9 .
    PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER PROGRAMMER THAT CAN DELETE INFOR PLEASE WRITE ME .
    But I still have to say a big thank you to LonMond. He did his best .
    wow.. the ads are posting inside of threads now!

GFC should have paid the home owners, to pay the banks - not paid the banks directly.

Banks got the money and got to foreclose on people's homes.

That's why in the US there are countless homeless and countless empty homes.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

We could easily house them all and get them out of everyones hair if we'd heavily tax income over a certain amount, im thinking something like 80% over 5mil. But that makes too much sense for america, I guess.

Also, expecting these people to work is unrealistic. Heavily mentally ill people can't work, at least not in the way most of us work. So, until we have some real cures for mental illness (long long way off) we need to house them in small studios, and give them enough of a guaranteed income to survive.

Again, makes too much sense for america. In before "I work, they should have to also". Ya, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Getting them a house can enable rehab or adhering to a mental health program. The stress and uncertainty endemic in homelessness makes it improbable that anyone can deal with the underlying issues. House first.
    This. 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    If we are talking solutions I always thought making something similar to army barracks with a daily job/chore like picking up trash would be a good way to help the homeless. I just see giving them shelter,food, and clothing as better ways to support them then money.
    you want solutions ?

thats the solution

communal blocks of flats build by the state and rented to people (or with option oof buyout) .

you see problems because you seem to have fake notion that all people deserve their own homes . which is simply not true.

if someone is poor he simply cannot afford home and they they should stop pretending they do.

thats why you have so many homeless with debts they will never be able to repay .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-06-10 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Democrats do try to pass policies to help poor people.

Maybe Republicans could give it a try for once instead of fear mongering about people from other countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Democrats do try to pass policies to help poor people.

Maybe Republicans could give it a try for once instead of fear mongering about people from other countries.
    WOAH WOAH WOAH....we can't have that....that would require rich people to make LESS MONEY. this is not conducive to their main squeeze. (rich people)
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.