Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its REALLY hard to not state bash (not nation bash) Alabama for going 100 years backwards in time. Whats next, lower age of consent to 8?
    Have they legalized brother/sister marriages yet?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    The reason it works is because it makes sense. Unless you don't give a shit about hipocrasy.....which it seems like you don't. If you think your side is good and the other side is evil then just call it what it is. My problem is when people use terms like inclusive and progressive and intolerance to justify their personal agendas. I dont care when one group of people disagrees with another, its when they try to window dress their arguments as being more righteous while conveniently ignoring their own philosophy when it does't suit their needs. And then on top of that, hoping that everyone is too stupid to see this glaring hiopcrasy and not call them out for it. If you are going to make generalized statements about people you view as "evil" or "wrong" then just call it what it is. Trying to manipulate the moral high ground is not fooling anyone.

No ,it's not. It does not make sense at all but a lack of a basic understanding of rules of logic from people who want to justify hate is no news to me.

There's not a single sentence about what you wrote that make sense so I'm gonna simplify for you.

This is not about "moral high ground" ...this is about understanting that reasonings that are not coherent ( they contradict themselves) are not reasoning but falacies ( they render and invalid argument).

Be coherent with your statements and you can say there's trees in the moon.

So lets get to it:

Premise 1: Person X says every perspective should be respected.
    Premise 2: Person X says gay perspective should not be respected.
    Premise 3: Gay perspective is a perspective.

Conclusion: Premises 2 and 3 contradicts Premise 1.

Do I need to put it in propositional formal state or is it that you are a dialetheist and think than logic can have statements that are both true and false? (kidding here).

So i will repeat: it's not about evil or wrong....this is about COHERENCE.

If growing up in the 80's watching He-Man, Thundercats, Silver Hawks, etc didn't make me gay, then no cartoon is ever going to make someone gay. Sitting in front of the tv soaking in all of those bulging, clean shaven muscles wearing little more than a technicolor banana hammock and wrestling other dudes who looked like they were straight out of a Tom of Finland/Judas Priest mashup never had any homoerotic impression on my young mind because, unlike many of you adults, children don't watch these cartoons through a lens of which characters are putting their penises into other characters. Sexualizing cartoons is something that adults do, look at all of the hentai and rule 34 shit, that's purely an adult fixation. Kids see a marriage and they just see two characters getting married, that doesn't manifest into later thoughts of the characters sucking each others dicks or fingering butt holes. This hysteria over a gay marriage making kids gay is entirely unfounded and it's adults with prejudices who have a problem with it and react to it. Stop trying to force children to shoulder your homophobia or sexual discomfort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I wouldn't want my child to be exposed to homosexual propaganda either.
    I wonder, how long will it take before gay marriage becomes normal, instead of "gay propaganda"?

Also, what the hell even is "gay propaganda"?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Kids shows nowadays are far more than mere entertainment. Gone are the days of Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy.
    As an aside, if I had had a kid in those days, I'd have gone to great length to steer them clear of Ren and Stimpy. That show was gross.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Good for them. Gender politics have no place in children cartoons. Its disgusting that some people find such cartoons ok.

Do you also have an issue with straight people being married on tv shows?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I did not say anything about excluding them. I made personal observation of the situation. Take me for example, I did not have homosexuality in cartoons that I watched as kid. I still know homosexuals exists. Children should watch cartoons about defeating the evil, having heroes not about homosexuality. That is just some adult being a prick, trying to achieve something. Sexuality comes to any individual either way.

I already expressed my opinion towards homosexuality. I am not going to repeat my self. You can keep going and paint me black because you ignore the things I said. Your problem.

I am not going to talk to you when you don't know what fear is but you are brave enough to comment on.
    No, you’ve made it clear you’re pretty scared of them.

Damn some part of this country are so pathetic lmao. Its like watching a time machine inside the time machine most of the US is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    As an aside, if I had had a kid in those days, I'd have gone to great length to steer them clear of Ren and Stimpy. That show was gross.
    In my opinion, only the adult version was actually bad, which is a spin-off of the original Ren & Stimpy. The original was quite okay. Watched some of it not too long a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I'm not afraid of gay people. I just don't want them in my surroundings. Also, you are shallow.

First, I have absolute right to say that I am not accepting homosexuality. 2nd, it's not same shit as I would say "I am not accepting blacks" because I believe that people are same everywhere.

Not me. Children. I mean, one has to be completely naive to think that children do not just absorb everything that adults show them.

That is where I think it's the problem but okay.

It's just easier to not deal with problem.

There are people turned gays because they were sexually harassed and abused. I am sorry if you never heard about those cases before.

They do. It doesn't take cartoon to make people realize they exists.
    I know so why censor them thank you for proving my point.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Silly yes but Arthur should be banned simply for being a shitty cartoon, it's almost as bad as that my little pony shit

I'm also not a fan of putting propaganda in children cartoons.
    I would recommend googlin for propaganda, since you clearly dont know what it is.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    In my opinion, only the adult version was actually bad, which is a spin-off of the original Ren & Stimpy. The original was quite okay. Watched some of it not too long a go.
    Perhaps. I came across an episode or two and made sure not to watch any more.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Donald duck was banned in Finland for not having pants, let's not compare a countries culture to another shall we?
    No, he wasn't. And even if you want to stay within US, 49 state governments did not ban Arthur over this. Alabama's ass-backwards fundamentalist government is in 2% minority here. The population of homosexuals in US is a larger percentage than that. 2% dissent of regressive zealots still doesn't make something a hot button topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I bought the series on bluray and there was a lot more adult humor than I'd remembered from watching it when it was on the air. A lot of thinly veiled sexual humor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I’m good with not showing political propaganda to children.
    What that other people are different lol. That is the whole point of the show and I guess censorship is fine now as well...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    its a cartoon, damn

and this is supposed to be america. Its an "Armutszeugnis".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48350023

Sharia Law working out well in Alabamastan I see.

Saw this one doing the rounds lol:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Ih1SDC3.png[g]

P.S. Arthur is still going?
    I think I'm more shocked that Arthur is still getting new episodes. I thought it ended like fifteen years ago.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Rightwingers: the liberal media are censoring our speakers because they say things they don't like!
    Also rightwingers: let's censor a kid's show because it says things we don't like!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    What that other people are different lol. That is the whole point of the show and I guess censorship is fine now as well...
    It's only Censorship when they ban Alt-Right Rape and Mass Homicide "Jokes" and encourage little kids to do the same.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man i'm learning about some really shitty people on this forum lately. Should be ashamed.

As for the ban, literally no one is surprised. I had to stay in that state for a month and I wanted to scream.